The Student Room Group

Does anyone else not have an insurance choice?

I have one AAA and four AAB choices...
Nothing to back me up at all. That really was a silly thing to do but I thought it would make me less likely to not work hard.

Do you all have insurance choices?
Reply 1
I have an insurance choice of Manchester with offered my ABB, i really like it and it has all the important things for an issuance (ie. accommodation guarantee)... my biology teacher kept trying to get me to aim really low for an insurance, ie. have a BBC/BCC offer... i wasn't having any of it, i'm not snooty, i just work very hard and i'm not going to aim that low....

tbh, theres no point applying somewhere you think you would hate, and the thing thats going to make you work hard is getting an offer from somewhere you love and wanting to meet the grades so you can go there, or at least that will be the situation with me... XD
Reply 2
I've already got an A* and a B so it's a bit different for me but I have one offer of A*BAA and another of A*BA. The second offer there was meant to be an insurance because their typical offer on 4 subjects is ABBB so I was expecting an A*BBB offer :s-smilie: So much for my insurance.

If I get offers from the two universities that I'm waiting on, then they'll be A*BAA at the lowest, and possibly higher (A*BA*A*) It's quite scary, I really was expecting a low offer from my insurance :s-smilie:
Reply 3
I applied to Plymouth, which has given me an offer with BBB but I don't really think I'd want to go there. :s-smilie:
If I get an offer from Glasgow with ABB I will put that as my insurance, with an AAB university as my firm.
If I don't, Plymouth will be my insurance. (:
My lowest offer is AAA. On the one hand that's a lot to live up to but on the other hand, I didn't see any AAB unis I really liked and would want to go to.
If I manage to get an offer from Oxford AND UCL, UCL has higher conditions so I can't use that as an insurance. If I get either one, I don't really want to go to Bristol, so then my insurance would be RHUL (which is great and I like it a lot, but would be a significant difference in reputation). :s-smilie:
Original post by punctuation
If I manage to get an offer from Oxford AND UCL, UCL has higher conditions so I can't use that as an insurance. If I get either one, I don't really want to go to Bristol, so then my insurance would be RHUL (which is great and I like it a lot, but would be a significant difference in reputation). :s-smilie:

If you do well during your degree then im pretty sure that it doesn't matter if you don't go to doxbridgeUCLkingscollegestandrews. Plus, you won't be tearing your hair out for all of term if you don't get in!
Reply 7
My offers are currently AAA, AAB, AAB and ABB.
Still waiting for an A*AA from UCL.. </optimistic>

Quick Reply

Latest