The Student Room Group

Streaming a film online (not downloading).

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by T.I.
But the concept of watching something in the belief its legal is still there.

Therefor you can stream of any website as long as you say you thought it was legal.

But do you really not suspect that a random video streaming site could be illegal? The very fact that you made this thread is evidence that you do have suspicions. If you suspect that it might be illegal then you are breaking the law if it is. But there's no point in worrying about whether you could get away with it by claiming ignorance because you'll get away with it anyway.

So unless you genuinely do not suspect the site is illegal, then I think you are technically breaking the law. But you're not going to get caught anyway, so why worry about whether it is technically breaking the law or not? When I say "breaking the law" in this case I mean you could potentially get sued. But I really can't imagine any company sueing someone just for streaming some TV shows from an illegal site, even though they would theoretically have a chance of winning. They wouldn't waste their time, they'd go after the people who upload videos to the site instead.
Reply 81
Who cares anyway? If you watch cops shows you'll see that you can deal drugs /joyride without a license or punch a policeman and come away with 10 hours community service.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending