The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1360
Original post by boateng
What do people mean whey they talk about his physical attributes? It is because he is very mobile for someone his size.

Yeah they mean although he has the ability to almost score at will down the lane and has said mobility, he has never used it to win a championship.

Sportswriters also blame him for not utilizing his strength and size in posting up defenders. I agree. Crab dribble doesn't count.
Reply 1361
My predictions for this era:

Kobe will go down as the Jordan of this era, Rose as the Magic, Howard as The Dream. Durant, if he doesn't put on weight, will be the player who was almost one of the greatest but never quite there. If he puts on muscle and drives more, he'll go down as the greatest scorer.

It's tougher to say with Lebron. He'll either go down as the Dominique Wilkins or the closest thing to MJ. Who knows?

Btw those comparisons aren't meant to say they'll be as good, but who they'll could be comparable to. There's no way Kobe is near MJ or Howard is near Hakeem.
Original post by Mufasaa
Did Lin just have 16 turnovers in 2 games? Cracking ball control.

Yeah but how many minutes has he played in those games, scored and assisted?
Original post by Xotol

It's tougher to say with Lebron. He'll either go down as the Dominique Wilkins or the closest thing to MJ. Who knows?

Penny
Original post by boateng
What do people mean whey they talk about his physical attributes? It is because he is very mobile for someone his size.

He's a freak of nature. He's incredibly strong yet also incredibly quick and athletic and has remained virtually injury free. Good height too.The guy has the perfect basketball body. Easily the most gifted player in the NBA. Unfortunately he doesn't have the perfect basketball mind.

In other news, 3 out of 6 cover stories on nba.com feature jeremy lin. This is getting a bit ridiculous...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1365
Original post by Qi Jia
Yeah they mean although he has the ability to almost score at will down the lane and has said mobility, he has never used it to win a championship. Sportswriters also blame him for not utilizing his strength and size in posting up defenders. I agree. Crab dribble doesn't count.

I was surprised when he actually matched Howard pound for pound today, not letting him post him up on himself. I think now he is one of the few players you can't draw a charge from. Having a 6'8 130 Kg black man run at you with the speed of a 100m sprinter is a suicide mission.

This is lebron thinking: "Trying to block me under the rim when I drive in? No problem, I'll just jump from the free-throw line" [insert trollface.jpg]

Original post by Xotol
My predictions for this era:Kobe will go down as the Jordan of this era, Rose as the Magic, Howard as The Dream. Durant, if he doesn't put on weight, will be the player who was almost one of the greatest but never quite there. If he puts on muscle and drives more, he'll go down as the greatest scorer.It's tougher to say with Lebron. He'll either go down as the Dominique Wilkins or the closest thing to MJ. Who knows?Btw those comparisons aren't meant to say they'll be as good, but who they'll could be comparable to. There's no way Kobe is near MJ or Howard is near Hakeem.

Hakeem was in a class of his own. Mentioning Howard as this eras Hakeem is practically a sin ffs :colonhash:

Howard would doo-doo his shorts if Hakeem crossed him over.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1366
Original post by Xotol

Kobe will go down as the Jordan of this era, Rose as the Magic, Howard as The Dream. Durant, if he doesn't put on weight, will be the player who was almost one of the greatest but never quite there. If he puts on muscle and drives more, he'll go down as the greatest scorer.

Btw those comparisons aren't meant to say they'll be as good, but who they'll could be comparable to. There's no way Kobe is near MJ or Howard is near Hakeem.

I dunno if kobe should really be considered in the same era as Lebron and those you mentioned especially Rose he had 3 rings before Rose and Durant had even played in the NBA but maybe he will be as a product of his longevity ?
Reply 1367
Original post by Jingers
Yeah but how many minutes has he played in those games, scored and assisted?

I know he's scored and assisted a bucket load on a lot of minutes, but PGs really shouldn't get more than 3 turnovers a game, Chauncey Billups said he was only happy with 2 or fewer a game.
Reply 1368
Original post by BigFudamental

In other news, 3 out of 6 cover stories on nba.com feature jeremy lin. This is getting a bit ridiculous...

It really is :colonhash:

I wouldn't be surprised if their was a tumble blog all about him :facepalm2:
Reply 1369
People moaning about Linsanity obviously dont follow the NFL, tebowmania prepped me for it well because its the exact same sort of hysteria
Reply 1370
Original post by alexsong
People moaning about Linsanity obviously dont follow the NFL, tebowmania prepped me for it well because its the exact same sort of hysteria

Linsanity just added to how annoying Tebowmania was. I should be well prepped for it but I'm just too easily bothered by hype.
Original post by Xotol

I'm not sure how one can compare Rose's game to Magic's. They were completely different player types, not to mention that Magic completely defined an era and changed the face of the NBA whereas Rose is just a very talented young player.

Also Howard would be lucky to have just 10% of Hakeem's offensive finesse. Howard has the better body, but Hakeem is probably the most technically skilled big man of all time.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1372
Original post by Xotol

Howard can't compare to any of those great centers because he doesn't score enough. He really isn't much of a go-to guy as Hakeem or Shaq were. Also, Hakeen is associated with sweet post moves, agility, shooting accuracy and all of the best things a center could never have. Chris Bosh has the greatest potential to be a Hakeem, let Dwight be Shaq.

Also, I think Kobe belongs to the T-Mac, Vinsanity, A.I. , Tim Duncan era. Remember that? Good times.
Reply 1373
Maybe Xotol has gone LINsane and is now trolling? :holmes:
Reply 1374
excuse the accidental thread closure folks, its a known bug on the site
Reply 1375
Lin is getting ****ing annoying now.

I hope the Knicks flop so hard, so we will hear the end of this.

I mean some people calling him potentially as good as Nash and better than CP3, WTFFFF.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1376
Original post by boateng
x

If would be very kind of you to edit out that word so it doesn't bypass the swear filter, thanks :h:
Reply 1377
Original post by S-man10
If would be very kind of you to edit out that word so it doesn't bypass the swear filter, thanks :h:

My bad.

I must say he will probs turn into a great player. He deffo is no fluke. He has been playing well for like 10 games now.
Reply 1378
This just in: Ersan Ilyasova put up 29 pts and 25 Reb (13 offensive 12 defensive) against the Nets. He plays PF for the Bucks just in case you didn't know.

Glad I picked him up 3 games ago in the fantasy league :borat:
Reply 1379
ILYASOVAsanity.

Latest