The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1740
Kobe partly has won it by himself, but then again he has had a solid supporting cast the time he twice won it.
Original post by S-man10
Kobe partly has won it by himself, but then again he has had a solid supporting cast the time he twice won it.

I disagree hes always had the cast to help him. Gasol should have won one of the MVP's that final series not Kobe
Reply 1742
Funny how no one bashes Wade for missing a crucial FT and giving away silly fouls yesterday. Lebron carried the team and put them back in it with 17 points in the 4th. He made the right choice by passing it to an open Haslem. I'd rather he gives it to someone who's in his spot (yes, that's Haslem's spot) instead of jacking up a jump shot while being double teamed.

Lebron just cannot win against the media. I bet his team mates must love playing with him - whatever they do isn't their fault, it's Lebron's fault.
Original post by Xotol
Funny how no one bashes Wade for missing a crucial FT and giving away silly fouls yesterday. Lebron carried the team and put them back in it with 17 points in the 4th. He made the right choice by passing it to an open Haslem. I'd rather he gives it to someone who's in his spot (yes, that's Haslem's spot) instead of jacking up a jump shot while being double teamed.

Lebron just cannot win against the media. I bet his team mates must love playing with him - whatever they do isn't their fault, it's Lebron's fault.

So many Lebron fan-boys on here. The reason why he can't win against the media IS BECAUSE WHAT HE HAS DONE, has turned people off and against him.

The Decision was a real turn off. Like Charles Barkley said, one of the stupidest, arrogant things i have ever seen a 'superstar' do. Basically disgraced his team and all those who supported him on national TV.

Secondly the..not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6 blah blah blah. I mean how could you like a guy as arrogant as that? Does he no how hard it is to win a ring? Even Wade, WHO HAS A RING, looked at him like wtf? Ask all the greats how hard it is to win 1 ring, let alone 7.

So yeah with all those things he has done, is it any surprise the media are always scrutinizing him and blaming him for everything?

Can you see a Kevin Durant, Derrick Rose or even Kobe saying and doing some of the things he has done. Now people want to throw the sympathy card with Lebron. Please
Original post by johnharris19944
Kobe Bryant had Shaq like i said earlier he wasnt the best player on the lakers shaq was. MJ had Pippen not too bad eh. If Lebron had Kobe he would have the rings. Has Kobe ever won a ring by himself or Jordan? i dont think so.

Lebron has Dwayne Wade (the best player in the league imo or one of the top 3) and Chris Blimming Bosh who is seen as the third wheel in that team, yet for most teams he would be the leading player?. Lebron had those pieces and still didn't win, and not just that, disgraced himself with that performance.

Don't throw in ''yeah it was their fist year''. The Celtics won it all in their 1st year when KG, Pierce and Allen joined forces and those players were in their 30's when they won it, and were up against better competition.

There is always an excuse when it comes to Lebron James. When would people admit that the guy just chokes. How can you have Bosh and Wade, and lose to Dallas in the finals? Also score only 2 points in 4, 4th 1/4's. That's just small-time.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1745
Original post by sammyvine
So many Lebron fan-boys on here. The reason why he can't win against the media IS BECAUSE WHAT HE HAS DONE, has turned people off and against him.

The Decision was a real turn off. Like Charles Barkley said, one of the stupidest, arrogant things i have ever seen a 'superstar' do. Basically disgraced his team and all those who supported him on national TV.

Secondly the..not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6 blah blah blah. I mean how could you like a guy as arrogant as that? Does he no how hard it is to win a ring? Even Wade, WHO HAS A RING, looked at him like wtf? Ask all the greats how hard it is to win 1 ring, let alone 7.

So yeah with all those things he has done, is it any surprise the media are always scrutinizing him and blaming him for everything?

Can you see a Kevin Durant, Derrick Rose or even Kobe saying and doing some of the things he has done. Now people want to throw the sympathy card with Lebron. Please

Uh no. I'm not arguing against that. You're right that he hasn't exactly endeared himself to everyone, including the media, but he was the reason Miami were back in the game yesterday. He made the right choice by passing it to an open Haslem in his spot. What you said is completely irrelevant to my point.

He doesn't help his case to the media with all the stuff he has done, yes, but that doesn't give us license to dismiss everything he does until he does something we perceive to be bad. If he jacked up a jumpshot there, would the media be clapping? No. Skip Bayless and co would go back to saying he shouldn't have shot that with open team mates.

Also, I am not a Lebron fanboy. I'm just not a hater and can see the game with some objectivity.
Reply 1746
Original post by sammyvine
There is always an excuse when it comes to Lebron James. When would people admit that the guy just chokes. How can you have Bosh and Wade, and lose to Dallas in the finals? Also score only 2 points in 4, 4th 1/4's. That's just small-time.

He's been in the finals once with Miami, and yes, he did choke. Really hard. He has to make up for it, I don't think anyone denies that.

That doesn't mean he chokes all the time. He single-handedly dismantled Boston and Chicago in the previous rounds, especially in the ECF when he shut down Rose by himself and Wade decided to play ****.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Xotol
Uh no. I'm not arguing against that. You're right that he hasn't exactly endeared himself to everyone, including the media, but he was the reason Miami were back in the game yesterday. He made the right choice by passing it to an open Haslem in his spot. What you said is completely irrelevant to my point.

He doesn't help his case to the media with all the stuff he has done, yes, but that doesn't give us license to dismiss everything he does until he does something we perceive to be bad. If he jacked up a jumpshot there, would the media be clapping? No. Skip Bayless and co would go back to saying he shouldn't have shot that with open team mates.

Also, I am not a Lebron fanboy. I'm just not a hater and can see the game with some objectivity.

I don't like Skip Bayless. He is a bitter tool but he has been right about Lebron.

He said he has no clutch gene and is the fake MJ. Whilst i think he goes overboard most of the times and is an idiot, isn't what he said true?
If Lebron had a clutch gene he would have gotten his 1st ring against Dallas.
Original post by Xotol
He's been in the finals once with Miami, and yes, he did choke. Really hard. He has to make up for it, I don't think anyone denies that.

That doesn't mean he chokes all the time. He single-handedly dismantled Boston and Chicago in the previous rounds, especially in the ECF when he shut down Rose by himself and Wade decided to play ****.

I am not denying that. I thought he was great in the ECF and i was certain that he was on track to win his 1st ring and shut all the haters like Bayless up. But that has been Skip's whole point with Lebron. When the pressure is at its highest (NBA Finals) he freezes up which is something i have never seen with any 'superstar'. Could you imagine Kobe playing with Wade in the finals and performing like that? Even put Durant with Wade and Bosh and he would have shown up.

I think Lebron is a great regular season player but will never do it when it matters like a Kobe, MJ, or even Wade. Won't be surprised if he messes up in the final again but Wade turns up and wins him a ring.
Reply 1749
I used to be a lebron hater, but i could never deny his game was solid. Judging how a player does on the court with what he does off the court is clutching at straws. Granted there is some effect, but calling to authority by saying x person said so therefore it makes it right is another clutch at the straw. So what if he did the decision. It wasnt as if he were to simply annouce it silently, he wouldnt be hated. Lebron knew he was leaving cleveland and however he did it there were haters at every spot. Hometown cleveland blah blah, honestly thry should be thanking him instead, werent for him the team would still be pretty much redundant and unknown.

Kobe was accused of rape... I mean common that isnt exactly humble either. They are atheletes, let them be uppity and arrogant. They actually deserve to say it. i m sure if usain bolt did something terrible, would everyone look past his world record?
Original post by S-man10
I used to be a lebron hater, but i could never deny his game was solid. Judging how a player does on the court with what he does off the court is clutching at straws. Granted there is some effect, but calling to authority by saying x person said so therefore it makes it right is another clutch at the straw. So what if he did the decision. It wasnt as if he were to simply annouce it silently, he wouldnt be hated. Lebron knew he was leaving cleveland and however he did it there were haters at every spot. Hometown cleveland blah blah, honestly thry should be thanking him instead, werent for him the team would still be pretty much redundant and unknown.

Kobe was accused of rape... I mean common that isnt exactly humble either. They are atheletes, let them be uppity and arrogant. They actually deserve to say it. i m sure if usain bolt did something terrible, would everyone look past his world record?

I never really understood why the Decision earned him so much hatred. Sure it would have been nice if he had let the Cavs know his intention to leave before the trade deadline so that they could have acquired some solid pieces for him, but Shaq ****ed over Orlando too when he went to LA and no-one seemed to bat an eyelid for more than a week or so. Did Lebron need to go on national television to announce his move? Probably not, but the whole thing had become so hyped up by the very media that then went on to vilify him, that I can understand why he felt it was legitimate to put on a big show.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1751
early game in LA tomorrow. WIN :king1:
Reply 1752
Lmao at you who are saying the decision wasnt that much of a big deal.
Reply 1753
Original post by S-man10

Why should we be thankful? It's not like he played for free.
Original post by boateng
Lmao at you who are saying the decision wasnt that much of a big deal.

Could you elaborate.....?
Original post by boateng

Yea but he got paid for a reason. Sure it was a big blow to business when he left but he was the only reason that business was there for 7 years in the first place.
Reply 1756
U see LeBron kinda just brought all this hate on himself cos hes a very nice guy who doesnt know how to deal with the media. He calls himself King James for no reason. He's been in league for 9 years and hasn't won a ring so he's a King of what? Hes gone out and promised us that hed be in dunk contest and he has never participated. Most of all he said he would win championships easily with the heat even before they played a game.
Reply 1757
Original post by boateng

Yeah, it's not like he tranformed your franchise from utter irrelevancy to one that can get far in play-offs.

We all know that he left in the wrong way and was stupid for broadcasting his decision and everything, but that doesn't mean he's wrong for leaving in the first place. He gave everything to that franchise and it's ultimately Cleveland's fault for failing to provide the necessary talent to win rings.

Would you say the same thing about Chris Paul after everything he gave to the Hornets? Or even Howard (even if the way he's going about it is annoying)? No, they were/are big time players stuck in crappy teams with no legitimate chance of winning rings.
Two afternoon marquee match-ups on the one day I have a major assignment due... :sad:
SMH at Lin's clutch 3, Melo and Pierce's 3............

Latest