The Student Room Group

I know someone who's cheating the benefit system...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TShadow383
Then why arrest anyone for anything at all?
After all they make up a very small proportion of people commiting that particular crime :rolleyes:

I never said no one should be arrested for it. I said that OP in particular is wrong for turning in her friend behind her back. If I was OP I would confront my friend about it. If she continues to do so I still wouldn't turn her in but at least I would have been upfront about it instead of snaking around.
Original post by Profesh
Once again: loyalty to corruption is not a virtue. Your concept of personal integrity is morally bankrupt.

Now I know for sure that you have no friends. Everyone makes mistakes and does wrong at some points in their life. Whenever you do something wrong, I hope you don't expect any friends or family to stay by your side.
Reply 202
Original post by ilovefashion90
Now I know for sure that you have no friends. Everyone makes mistakes and does wrong at some points in their life. Whenever you do something wrong, I hope you don't expect any friends or family to stay by your side.

Major fraud is not the kind of well-intentioned 'mistake' that warrants prima facie sympathy in the same way as would stealing a loaf of bread to feed one's starving children. Stop being an ass.
Original post by Computerised
Do you know how little the amount of benefit handouts are? It is a myth that people on the dole are living the high life. Only the minority that have 10 kids and endless "disabilities" etc.

Hence why I wrote "one of the many reasons"...
Original post by Profesh
Major fraud is not the kind of well-intentioned 'mistake' that warrants prima facie sympathy in the same way as would stealing a loaf of bread to feed one's starving children. Stop being an ass.

I would not call the point in question "major" fraud, compared to real fraudsters, however I would agree that it is technically "fraud".
Original post by AutVinceriAutMori
No:colonhash: Its the reckless, excessive borrowing of money both by banks and people for a short term gain with no thought of the consequences that got us in debt.

There's that aswell.
Reply 206
At the end of the day Its not your business may aswell just leave it, your not going to get rewarded for it the countrys ****ed either way and even if everyone did report people for it I don't even think it will make that big a difference

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending