The Student Room Group

I think someone cheated off me in a gcse maths exam

So there was a guy next to me who I think copied some of my answers but will I get in trouble. Not to be arrogant but I am quite smart so i showed lots off working out in my paper is it worth taking action. For reference I only care about getting in trouble I don’t mind if they benefit from me
Reply 1
Inshallah, no. I dont think so, the papers get split up amongst all the markers in the country, its not like theyd have both scripts side by side. I think its even by qs as well. Only worry is if an invigilator saw it, but it doesnt sound like it
Reply 2
I'd assume the best thing to do would be to only address it if it is brought up? But I don't know for sure... Might vary between exam boards tbh. If you've shown all your working and he hasn't then you won't get in trouble I don't expect... But I don't know for sure
Reply 3
Original post by Anonym posting
So there was a guy next to me who I think copied some of my answers but will I get in trouble. Not to be arrogant but I am quite smart so i showed lots off working out in my paper is it worth taking action. For reference I only care about getting in trouble I don’t mind if they benefit from me

Although it is unfortunate, if the examiners haven’t caught them and there is no proof against said person, then I’m not sure what can be done.

All I know is even if he did copy, you wouldn’t be in trouble because you basically are the victim.

The one thing I’m a bit concerned about is if you brought up cheating, since you wouldn’t have proof, he could easily pin the blame on you. Personally, I feel like it’s not worth getting yourself into a sticky situation (even though it’s not your fault)

If the same situation were to happen again when your in exam conditions, try to position your paper so they can’t see it, or tell the examiner quietly to keep an eye out on them during the exam.
Reply 4
Original post by Winta:)
Although it is unfortunate, if the examiners haven’t caught them and there is no proof against said person, then I’m not sure what can be done.

All I know is even if he did copy, you wouldn’t be in trouble because you basically are the victim.

The one thing I’m a bit concerned about is if you brought up cheating, since you wouldn’t have proof, he could easily pin the blame on you. Personally, I feel like it’s not worth getting yourself into a sticky situation (even though it’s not your fault)

If the same situation were to happen again when your in exam conditions, try to position your paper so they can’t see it, or tell the examiner quietly to keep an eye out on them during the exam.

Thank you very much you have put me at ease it made me enter a state of depression for a while but I feel liberated now
That shouldn't worry you at all. You only need to address if it's ever brought up of which chances of it happening are almost zeroo%
Reply 6
Original post by Anonym posting
Thank you very much you have put me at ease it made me enter a state of depression for a while but I feel liberated now

Bless you, don’t worry it’s not your fault :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest