The Student Room Group

I know someone who's cheating the benefit system...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by ilovefashion90
Even though what she's doing is really wrong, no one likes a snitch. Sooner or later her life will be ****ed anyway. It sounds like it already is to me, tbh

Also, she was your best friend. Again, I say what she is doing is wrong but if you report her, that'll make you a snake imo.

Let me guess, you are in secondary school?
Reply 41
Original post by FunkeyMunkey
Does she have kids? think long and hard before reporting her. I personally would not do it.

THIS!

P.S Good to know you have your priorities as a friend in order
Reply 42
Original post by AntiMonarchist
What planet are you living on?

You know what. I take it back. She will regret her life, when she gets liver disease or something like that in later life.

Cyber space honey, 24/7 :wink:
I USED to be friends with this woman.
seriously, can people not read?

'you are friend with her!!!'

no. i am not. when did i say this?
Reply 44
¬_¬

Snitches Fi Dead
Reply 45
Original post by KlaireDelilah
I USED to be friends with this woman.
seriously, can people not read?

'you are friend with her!!!'

no. i am not. when did i say this?

Even still, you should still have some loyalty.

I haven’t seen a thread that has made me this angry in quite a while. I just think some people get a kick out of reporting and thus watching someone be prosecuted. Not necessarily saying that is what is happening here..
I would quite happily pay taxes to support people on benefits. It's a drop in the ocean compared to the amount of your tax that went to bail the bankers out recently when they played roulette with the economy and failed big time. As will also happen in the future no doubt.

I don't think this argument of "we're paying for them" really washes - it's small fry compared to what a lot of your taxes really go on that you don't know about.

I agree - don't bother reporting her. You don't know the full story and you don't know the consequences. She may be genuinely ill, spends her money on the wrong stuff, but if you get her chucked off benefits you may be taking money away from her that she uses for essentials as well. You never know.

If she was claiming multiple dole cheques under false names it might be a different story.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 47
I've been looking for a few days for the best place to post this, I decided here - but with a risk, seeing as I can't post Anon here...

I know a woman who's about in her late 30's, I used to be friends with her. We were into the same music, so if we weren't wasted at a gig, we'd be at hers drunk I met her via my Mum, they were into the same music, too.

My Mum never thought about this seriously because they were best friends, but I've recently realised, this woman has been claiming full disability benefits (calming that she's 'physically' ill and can't move) for at LEAST the last 4 years.
She is in no was physically disabled, and all she spends her benefit money on is gigs and alcohol.

I know I should tell someone about this, because she's cheating the system. And I know that my Mum would support me if I did, it's just the doing it first that's the problem....
anyone know who/where i should call to report this kind of thing?
or does anyone think i shouldn't report this king of thing?!

thank you :smile:

If you really want to stop this injustice, send her an anonymous letter telling her to stop within a period of x months.If she doesn't then report her. How do you know that she is on disability benefit, couldn't you have made a mistake?
Okay, well I'm just going to let you guys know that I have reported this woman.

Maybe this makes me a 'snitch', 'snake' 'grass' ect.

I know this woman, and I know she does not have a disability - mental or physical - and I refuse to work to pay taxes that will fund her lazy lifestyle.

I will not be continue to be called names because of this. If it were someone who didn't deserve housing benefit, would you let your mum pay for it?

I refuse to be berated this.

Call me a snake, or a grass, whatever you want, benefit fraud is benefit fraud.
It's fraudulently taking money off of the government.

This woman is doing it weather you like it or not.
(edited 12 years ago)
If all she spends her money on is gigs and alcohol as stated by the OP, then when does she buy food, clothes, heating bills etc. ? Or does she go to these gigs naked and starving?
Okay, well I'm just going to let you guys know that I have reported this woman.

Maybe this makes me a 'snitch', 'snake' 'grass' ect.

I know this woman, and I know she does not have a disability - mental or physical - and I refuse to work to pay taxes that will fund her lazy lifestyle.

I will not be continue to be called names because of this. If it were someone who didn't deserve housing benefit, would you let your mum pay for it?

I refuse to berated this.

Call me a snake, or a grass, whatever you want, benefit fraud is benefit fraud.
It's fraudulently taking money off of the government.

This woman is doing it weather you like it or not.

Well it was your decision. The only question I would ask is how you categorically know that she doesn't have a disability?
Original post by scotttb
Let me guess, you are in secondary school?

Lol, I knew no one on TSR would agree with me. She said she was best friends with the woman. Now she's planning to report her. Seems pretty grim to do that to a friend.

And no I am not.
Seriously OP, it's better that you cut her off, leave her be and distance yourself than to go behind your "friends" back and report her.

So, she went from being your friend to being "this woman"
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by frankieboy
Well it was your decision. The only question I would ask is how you categorically know that she doesn't have a disability?

Because I spent pretty much a whole year - non stop - with her....
Reply 53
Original post by Numan786
wow I agree with this so true about the bankers did you know that people are paying more taxes while the bonuses bankers gets are increasing but as you tory and labour don't want to chase them up they want to increase the gulf between the rich and poor.....disgusting!!!

Its a joke like. The politicians look down their noses at people who scam the system. But the politicians have never been in that situation since they're all rich private school boys who go to Eton and Oxford.
Makes me sick to see them on tv trying to criminalise working class people who scam the system to survive when their banker and big business mates scammed the system so much that it caused an economic recession! Then they had the cheek to get us, the working class to bail them out!
Reply 54
...... what?

It explains its self. Read it again.
Because I spent pretty much a whole year - non stop - with her....

What was the disability that she was claiming to have?

And what did you say when you reported her?
Original post by IRSP044
Its a joke like. The politicians look down their noses at people who scam the system. But the politicians have never been in that situation since they're all rich private school boys who go to Eton and Oxford.
Makes me sick to see them on tv trying to criminalise working class people who scam the system to survive when their banker and big business mates scammed the system so much that it caused an economic recession! Then they had the cheek to get us, the working class to bail them out!

Dunno why someone negged you for this, as it is actually the case. Anyway, I repped you to balance it out.

Guess some people aren't so clued up.
Original post by BCUciaran
Even still, you should still have some loyalty.

I haven’t seen a thread that has made me this angry in quite a while. I just think some people get a kick out of reporting and thus watching someone be prosecuted. Not necessarily saying that is what is happening here..

Exactly! Even if she was once your friend, why are you being so petty OP? Thousands of people commit benefit fraud and you are actually taking the opportunity to report someone who was once your friend. You don't even deserve to be anyone's friend. Its not like we're scolding you for letting your (ex) friend get away with murder. This is petty and harsh of you.
Reply 58
Original post by frankieboy
Dunno why someone negged you for this, as it is actually the case. Anyway, I repped you to balance it out.

Guess some people aren't so clued up.

Prob offended an Eton or Oxford student :smile:
Cheers for the rep.
Reply 59
Original post by IRSP044

yh I know what you mean they've been spoonfed with a sliver spoon all their life and don't know the struggles real working class people are going through.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending