University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Ucl law offers 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by MrFlash1994
Alot of it will probably be done in Feb/March

Do you have any idea how much importance they place on the LNAT, especially compared to other LNAT universities like Nottingham?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by star_5
Do you have any idea how much importance they place on the LNAT, especially compared to other LNAT universities like Nottingham?

I really don't know but I guess they place quite a lot of emphasis on it because of the competition for places. And If that guy above got rejected for poor LNAT, then I suppose It's a good sign for the rest of us :s-smilie:
Reply 42
I really don't know but I guess they place quite a lot of emphasis on it because of the competition for places. And If that guy above got rejected for poor LNAT, then I suppose It's a good sign for the rest of us :s-smilie:

Or they just haven't had time yet to read over our applications :s-smilie: :L haha I was just wondering if Nottingham giving me an offer meant I had a decent LNAT but then again it might just be because of grades even if I had a poor LNAT :s-smilie: I reallllly want a UCL offer
Original post by star_5
Or they just haven't had time yet to read over our applications :s-smilie: :L haha I was just wondering if Nottingham giving me an offer meant I had a decent LNAT but then again it might just be because of grades even if I had a poor LNAT :s-smilie: I reallllly want a UCL offer

Oh well done on Nottingham! I know a guy who's got an offer from Oxford but hasn't heard back from Nottingham yet lol. Your LNAT must have been "good enough" then. What grades did you get? And yeah I wasn't that bothered about UCL a few weeks back but all this talk and waiting has got me wanting an offer too!
Reply 44
Oh well done on Nottingham! I know a guy who's got an offer from Oxford but hasn't heard back from Nottingham yet lol. Your LNAT must have been "good enough" then. What grades did you get? And yeah I wasn't that bothered about UCL a few weeks back but all this talk and waiting has got me wanting an offer too!

Thanks! Got pooled for Cambridge this week and haven't heard anything since so that's a rejection :tongue: Err grade wise i got 10.5A*s at GCSE and 4 As at AS (keeping on the 4 subjects this year). What unis have you applied to?
Original post by star_5
Thanks! Got pooled for Cambridge this week and haven't heard anything since so that's a rejection :tongue: Err grade wise i got 10.5A*s at GCSE and 4 As at AS (keeping on the 4 subjects this year). What unis have you applied to?

Jesus christ those are good grades! Unlucky with Cambridge I guess, I got rejected from Oxford pre interview. I also applied for SOAS Queen Mary and Reading, got offers from all of em so I'm just waiting on UCL now.
Reply 46
Jesus christ those are good grades! Unlucky with Cambridge I guess, I got rejected from Oxford pre interview. I also applied for SOAS Queen Mary and Reading, got offers from all of em so I'm just waiting on UCL now.

Haha thanks, my Cambridge interview just didn't go according to plan, evidently :L I really want an offer from UCL! Have offers from Warwick and Nottingham so I'm gonna visit them soon to compare...What's your grades like?
Original post by star_5
Haha thanks, my Cambridge interview just didn't go according to plan, evidently :L I really want an offer from UCL! Have offers from Warwick and Nottingham so I'm gonna visit them soon to compare...What's your grades like?

GCSE: A*ABBBBCCC - I messed about, but claimed extenuating circumstances... and they fell for it!

AS: AAAB
A2 Predictions: A*AAA

NEG: **** sake I got rejected below stop it now!
(edited 12 years ago)
is there anyone aplying for law with french law?
Has anyone had an offer for the LLB at Bristol????
Reply 50
Hey guys, applied to Oxford, UCL, Nottingham, Birmingham and Manchester for Law.

Rejections from Birmingham and Oxford :frown:

Offer from Manchester :smile:

Still waiting on UCL and Nottingham :s-smilie:

When are we actually gonna hear? The wait is killing me!! I have an LNAT score of 19 because one of the admissions tutors at one of the universities that rejected me told me haha. I hear that Nottingham like people with a score of 18+ but what about UCL?
Reply 51
Hey guys

I did my LNAT today suprisingly went well though I only had 23 secs left to go over the essay and fix any typos

If anyone has got an offer from UCL, what conditional grades are they asking for?
Oxford + Warwick reject, not holding any offers so far.

Awaiting LSE, UCL, KCL

Things are not looking good.

If I am the 'guy above that got rejected', UCL told me when I rang up that my LNAT score was not a weak one, although they couldn't tell me what it is. Although UCl do luck at your multiple choice score fairly closely, I would think the tutors pay a lot of attention to your essay (this is the impression i got from speaking to the admissions department). Anyway, you guys are unfortunate enough to receive rejections, don't take it too much to heart, at Law at UCL is insanely competitive, and as you know, it's a dog eat dog world.
GCSE: A*ABBBBCCC - I messed about, but claimed extenuating circumstances... and they fell for it!

AS: AAAB
A2 Predictions: A*AAA

How dishonest of you to claim extenuating circumstances without a just reason. Very disheartening to hear people get away with these things.
Original post by KnowstheLaw
How dishonest of you to claim extenuating circumstances without a just reason. Very disheartening to hear people get away with these things.

Well it wasn't an outright lie, I was just economical with the truth!
And there are far greater injustices going on both in the world and in the education system, so I'm not gonna feel guilty for it.
Original post by KnowstheLaw
If I am the 'guy above that got rejected', UCL told me when I rang up that my LNAT score was not a weak one, although they couldn't tell me what it is. Although UCl do luck at your multiple choice score fairly closely, I would think the tutors pay a lot of attention to your essay (this is the impression i got from speaking to the admissions department). Anyway, you guys are unfortunate enough to receive rejections, don't take it too much to heart, at Law at UCL is insanely competitive, and as you know, it's a dog eat dog world.

Sorry I didn't mean "poor", it was bad wording. I just thought what you wrote suggested your LNAT could've gone better but none of us know at the end of the day do we.
Original post by rm22
Hey guys, applied to Oxford, UCL, Nottingham, Birmingham and Manchester for Law.

Rejections from Birmingham and Oxford :frown:

Offer from Manchester :smile:

Still waiting on UCL and Nottingham :s-smilie:

When are we actually gonna hear? The wait is killing me!! I have an LNAT score of 19 because one of the admissions tutors at one of the universities that rejected me told me haha. I hear that Nottingham like people with a score of 18+ but what about UCL?

Hehe believe me or not two of my friends got into Nottingham with LNAT scores of 14 :biggrin:
My academics are at the top of the page, so I'm only waiting on UCL now :smile:

Hi, have you received an offer from UCL?
Reply 59
Original post by girlfromala
Hehe believe me or not two of my friends got into Nottingham with LNAT scores of 14 :biggrin:

REALLY?! That was this year right? If so, that makes me feel a whole lot better :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending