The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

University of Southampton Criminology Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Anyone else going to the "Visit Day" on the 15th?
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by TheWalkinDude
Anyone else going to the "Visit Day" on the 15th?

I am :smile:
Original post by lemonstra

Going for the tour of Wessex Lane Halls first? We'll probably pass you on the way down to be honest... :smile:
Reply 43
I very likely will be.. But yeah, that's probably true :laugh:
What makes Criminology at southampton solent uni to be a good course ?
Reply 45
Original post by FatimaZohra
What makes Criminology at southampton solent uni to be a good course ?

You might be in the wrong thread, here it's about Southampton Uni, not Southampton Solent:smile:
Ok thank you :smile:
Finally managed to apply for accommodation! Anyone else got theirs sorted yet?
Reply 48
I need to do my accommodation, can't wait for freshers buddddddddy!
Original post by dhurst1

Haha! Mine was a nightmare to sort. I've not been out properly in so long I'm gonna be an absolute mess during freshers!
Reply 50
Hi, I just got accepted (criminology and psychology studies). There is someone who takes the same course?
Original post by em_fry
Hi, I just got accepted (criminology and psychology studies). There is someone who takes the same course?

Not exactly the same course (I'm just doing straight criminology), but I imagine it's possible that we'll be in some of the same lectures :smile:
Reply 52
Not exactly the same course (I'm just doing straight criminology), but I imagine it's possible that we'll be in some of the same lectures :smile:

Cool :smile:

But are there other people taking criminology at Southampton (not Soton) this year? I've found only you, I'm afraid we'll be the only ones. Imagine a lecture for two - a nightmare!!! :P
Original post by em_fry
Cool :smile:

But are there other people taking criminology at Southampton (not Soton) this year? I've found only you, I'm afraid we'll be the only ones. Imagine a lecture for two - a nightmare!!! :P

There's a few other people in this thread that are doing criminology, but I'm not sure if they're doing the exact same course as you.

There will definitely be more than 2 people in the lectures :wink: And if it were just the 2 of us, I'm not that bad. Honest! :biggrin:
the majority of the modules for crim and crim/psych are the same (for the 1st year) so you will be in pretty much the same lectures. The people taking just crim have the opportunity to take the psych modules (the are compulsory for crim/psych) as their optional.

With regards to numbers, some lectures have over 200 whereas others have about 50, it depends on the module, and the numbers in the lectures decrease dramatically as the semester goes on!

There are a mixture of people from degree paths in the lectures as some may opt to choose crim modules as their optional.

Just an idea, you could make a facebook group for Criminology students starting in September, we have one for this year and it's great for getting to know people before you start, and we all met up during Freshers, it's also useful if you are ever unsure about lectures/essays/exams.

(First year Crim student currently procrastinating haha!)
Reply 55
Frankie you should be revising Psychology and Social Theory :wink: So should I for that matter... ha
Original post by Megginty
Frankie you should be revising Psychology and Social Theory :wink: So should I for that matter... ha

Slackers! :tongue:

Original post by frankiesmith
the majority of the modules for crim and crim/psych are the same (for the 1st year) so you will be in pretty much the same lectures. The people taking just crim have the opportunity to take the psych modules (the are compulsory for crim/psych) as their optional.

With regards to numbers, some lectures have over 200 whereas others have about 50, it depends on the module, and the numbers in the lectures decrease dramatically as the semester goes on!

There are a mixture of people from degree paths in the lectures as some may opt to choose crim modules as their optional.

Just an idea, you could make a facebook group for Criminology students starting in September, we have one for this year and it's great for getting to know people before you start, and we all met up during Freshers, it's also useful if you are ever unsure about lectures/essays/exams.

(First year Crim student currently procrastinating haha!)

I might get on a criminology Facebook group tomorrow, sounds a good idea!
Reply 57

I might get on a criminology Facebook group tomorrow, sounds a good idea!

Did you make the facebook group?
Let me know :wink:
Original post by em_fry
Did you make the facebook group?
Let me know :wink:

http://www.facebook.com/UniversityOfSouthamptonCriminology201215

Et voila!

Here it is guys!
Original post by lemonstra

Original post by lexutza
You might be in the wrong thread, here it's about Southampton Uni, not Southampton Solent:smile:

Original post by dhurst1

Original post by em_fry

Original post by Megginty
Hey :smile: I'm a first year studying criminology at Southampton so feel free to pm me if you have any questions about the course etc. :smile:

Original post by frankiesmith
I'm also a first year studying Crim and currently procrastinating..... revision is too boring.

Theres nothing more i can add, Megan has it all covered!

Pointless comment, but it's more interesting then revision haha!

Thought I'd quote you all in a post to make sure you all know I made a Facebook page for us. Me and em_fry are getting lonely by ourselves :frown:

http://www.facebook.com/UniversityOfSouthamptonCriminology201215

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending