The Student Room Group

ways to keep warm in the winter periods

Scroll to see replies

Wear loads of layers and by jove, do some yoga breathing exercises to get warm.
It helps me because the blood flows around the body so well....even my cold feet get warm.

Pm me and i'll tell you more. :smile:
Reply 41
Original post by The Owl of Minerva
Vodka, surely.

Edit: Or Boverille.

Bovril?
Original post by Iqbal007
Bro, i'm really sorry for you :frown:

Some of the places where the cold gets through are the front door and back door, what family does is cover up the areas where outside is flowing through with a carpet.

Keep all windows closed properly........

You could try to buy some Uniqlo heat technology clothing......... or wear woolly/thick clothing......................... or buy a fleece blanket from Ikea

what's uniqlo heat techno clothing?
probably sounds stupid but i have very thick hair on my head.. which keeps me warm.. its like a blanket :K:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Pixiefairy
probably sounds stupid but i have very thick hair.. which keeps me warm.. its like a blanket :K:

Please say it's not all over. Although that could be cute, like a bear or something...
Reply 45
I hairdry my clothes before I put them on :sexface:
Also, a warm blanket or slanket.
A hot water bottle.
Fluffy slippers.
Hot bath.
Hot drinks.
Exercise/tidy the house.
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Please say it's not all over. Although that could be cute, like a bear or something...

lol no no! just on my head :ahee:
I use my hairdryer to warm myself up :u:
lol no no! just on my head :ahee:

I'll be honest - I'm relieved.
Reply 49
Electric blanket and long johns. Draft excluders and hand warmers. Cuddles.
Reply 50

http://www.uniqlo.com/ht_w/us/
Draft excluders at the bottom of doors for sure, it stops all the heat escaping. :smile: Then of course blankets and lots of layers of clothes. Fuzzy socks, or even better over-the-knee socks... or FUZZY over the knee socks :biggrin: I love mine.

A fuzzy bunny sitting on your lap works too, though so do most pets < 3

And tea. Tea is amazing.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 52
Buy thermals.
Thermal vests.
Thermal leggings/long johns.
Thermal socks. (Peacocks actually do some massively thick fluffy socks which are wonderful. They're £6 for a pair but totally worth it. You get 20% if you have NUS as well)
Fingerless gloves so you can still type :p:
I also sleep with two duvets and a fleece, whilst wearing my dressing-gown over my PJs.

Original post by such_a_lady
I use my hairdryer to warm myself up :u:

This! I put my clothes on and then shove my hairdryer down them and give it a quick blast :p: Especially useful for warming up feet, off to do this now, actually.
(edited 12 years ago)

M&S also do heat generating vest and long johns. The vests look just like ordinary long sleeved t shirts, which is how I wear mine.
Reply 54
If your hands are cold, stick them in your butt crack. That's natures pocket!
Reply 55
Original post by Ham22

That's just ridiculous.
Reply 56
Original post by Andy_J
If your hands are cold, stick them in your butt crack. That's natures pocket!

Watch he doesn't pick your pocket!
Expose yourself to the cold more and you will get used to it.
Reply 58
I have poor circulation and feel cold all the time and my room at halls is cold too so that doesn't help either. :frown: I sleep with socks on, a jumper/hoody and a blanket besides my duvet. during the day I wear a hoody indoors and if that is not enough I wear my dressing gown on top of that at night. and I wear socks all the time. during the day I have hot drinks. I hold them in my hand to warm my hands and then when I drink it, it makes me feel all warm and nice inside. often when I am doing work and I still feel cold I put a blanket around my shoulders for extra warmth. :smile:
Reply 59
Original post by scorpio22
Hello.
we don't really have a lot of money in the household as one of my parents have been struck off work .And can't afford the heating.I usually wear two pairs of socks,tights and bed gown.Have you got any suggestions of keeping warm which is affordable?

do you do sport?

i wear my base layer(s) around the house quite a lot
and wear football shorts under joggers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending