The Student Room Group

LSE or Nottingham??? HELP ME!!!!!! arghhh

Hey hey peeps, just asking for another opinion because i am slightly confused......

Basically my ucas was going pants, I had no good offers, and then last week I got a conditional at the LSE. This being practically my first choice I was absolutely over the moon!!!! So so happy. But I am slightly put off as it isn't a campus uni, however I would probably live at home anyway as I live on the outskirts of Essex and it is only a 40min train journey away. It also has a fantastic rep overall.

I assumed that because of the competition for law, this was most realistically the only good offer that I was going to get, and was like yes, I'm definitely taking it. I only had Nottingham and UCL to hear from, and just assumed that I wudn't get into either as it is gettin into feb now...

However...today I checked ucas track....and it seems by a miracle...I have a conditional from Nottingham!! Again I was really really shocked, but also really pleased of course!:smile:But now...I am like what one to go to! What makes it even worse is they just couldn't be more different. Nottingham is a massiveeee campus, and much bigger than the LSE (which is diddy in comparison) so obviously I wud b going it alone, meeting all new ppl. Also the course looks great (as does LSE). Also the LSE has a very different atmosphere, it takes 50% of its students from overseas, which obviously sounds really gd as u get to meet people from all over the world, but I don't know whether this would really suit me??

My law tutor put doubt in my mind as he was saying basically there is not much difference between the law schools...and the competition is probably a little bit greater than at LSE (I personally thought it was the other way around). But nationally, LSE has a better reputation, and a better reputation worldwide...but what about employers? Would they regard one as better than the other?? And I don't want to pick one and then regret not taking the other! My own indecisive nature is causing me problems again lol!!

Would just be nice to hear anyone else's opinion? Even sumone who is at either unis, or any uni studying law!

Thank u soooooo much!

Lauren xxx :smile:
Reply 1
Although many graduates of both unis do get TCs from MC firms and top chambers, if you want to work overseas, LSE has a edge over Nottingham. However, if you are just thinking of staying in the UK, then it doesn't really matter. Go where you think you will feel happier!
Reply 2
Very true, it really depends which environment you would prefer... Would you be happier in a sprawling campus with plenty of greenery, or do you need the bustling metropolis that is a London uni? Cost might also be a mitigating factor, seeing that London is definitely more expensive, which might get in your way of having a good time in university, having to consider all the expenses...
Reply 3
I really wouldn't recommend staying at home for uni, as you will end up missing the entire student experience, which at Nottingham is amazing. I'm studying law here at the moment and can assure you that it is taught very very well and you will be surrounded by loads of extremely intelligent people. Of course, I can't really compare this with LSE but I doubt that there can be much difference in the teaching quality. Also, it takes me 3 minutes to walk from my room to the Law lectures.. I couldn't imagine having to endure a hour's train journey from my home (Romford in Essex) to LSE. That trip is horrible during rush hour.
Reply 4
Hey, arghhhhhh I really don't know what to do! I live in Hornchurch TheVlad!! I know the train journey mite be pants....what bout.....if i live in halls in London?? That's still getting the whole uni experience?? I just feel like I am being stupid turning down a place at the LSE??!!

xxxxxxxx
Reply 5
Hey I live in Hornchurch too and I travel to uni in london (QM). Takes about 40minutes in rush hour but i do have to admit I do slightly feel that you don't get the whole uni experience when you live at home. But on the plus side you always have someone to do your washing!

If you really want to go to LSE you could live at home for the first year and then perhaps get accomodation in London in the second or third year once you settle in.

Latest

Trending

Trending