The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Entrance Scholarship

Scroll to see replies

Did anyone do the Economics paper or the Film & Television paper? I'm hopeful that I've done enough for something. :smile: The applicant day I'm going the one on the 3rd of March.
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Reply 21
The worst thing is that there are 300 spots for unconditional offers and probably few thousands of people did the test.

There's only a little chance for me. :frown:
Reply 22
Original post by PaperBoy
The worst thing is that there are 300 spots for unconditional offers and probably few thousands of people did the test.

There's only a little chance for me. :frown:

It seems unlikely that thousands take the test, unless I can be proven wrong, lol.

Don't worry about it, I remember worrying about mine as I had no idea what they were looking for (did Politics & IR and Criminology) and I managed to get a merit award. :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by SiobhanC
It seems unlikely that thousands take the test, unless I can be proven wrong, lol.

Don't worry about it, I remember worrying about mine as I had no idea what they were looking for (did Politics & IR and Criminology) and I managed to get a merit award. :smile:

As far as I know, there are about 11,000 students applied to Aberystwyth this year and there is a high possibility that lots of people took the test. However, thanks for the attempt to reassure me.
I did physical geography and human geography, much prefered the human paper to the physical paper, bit worried i haven't done enough to get even a merit though :s-smilie: Fingers crossed im just thinking i did worse than i have though! :smile:
Original post by connoryay
same, l200?

im going aber regardless of the scholarship so will firm on a level results!

not sure on the applicant day, gotta sort out time off etc. you?

Yup, L200 :smile:

And yeah, I'm going on the 3rd of March.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 26
Tbh, I'm doing it for the unconditional offer. Obviously the money would be great, £3000 for the main and £500 for the other I think, but for me, the unconditional is the selling point!
Original post by Ddraig Goch
I did physical geography and human geography, much prefered the human paper to the physical paper, bit worried i haven't done enough to get even a merit though :s-smilie: Fingers crossed im just thinking i did worse than i have though! :smile:

The opposite for me! I was able to easily answer the physical questions about landforms and flooding, but tripped up on the human paper!
Original post by HotfireLegend
The opposite for me! I was able to easily answer the physical questions about landforms and flooding, but tripped up on the human paper!

Yeah the question on glacial impact on upland britain i did ok on, but no of the other questions i revised for that paper came up lol so did the water shortages question and thats the one i think i messed up a bit!

The human paper I answered the questions on climate change and counter-urbanisation and found them easier, which is weird as i prefer physical geog lol. But fingers crossed that we have both done enough to pass :smile:
Yeah the question on glacial impact on upland britain i did ok on, but no of the other questions i revised for that paper came up lol so did the water shortages question and thats the one i think i messed up a bit!

The human paper I answered the questions on climate change and counter-urbanisation and found them easier, which is weird as i prefer physical geog lol. But fingers crossed that we have both done enough to pass :smile:

For the human paper, I did the question on globalisation and the one next to it. Can't remember what that was, but all I know was that I got pretty mad at the paper - the questions were exactly the same as last year's! (Or 2010s)

Yeah, fingers crossed!
Reply 30
I missed mine for Sport & Exercise Science, as I didn't know about it. Are there anymore opportunities for me to take the examination?
Original post by NishaaaR
I missed mine for Sport & Exercise Science, as I didn't know about it. Are there anymore opportunities for me to take the examination?

I don't think there are this year, as on the site you had to apply for them by the 15th Jan as they took place at the start of feb! Im might be wrong but i think there isn't another chance until next years extrance scholarship exams!
Reply 32
I don't think there are this year, as on the site you had to apply for them by the 15th Jan as they took place at the start of feb! Im might be wrong but i think there isn't another chance until next years extrance scholarship exams!

Oh right, thanks anyway. I'll probably call them up to clarify. :smile:
Does anyone know when we get to see whether we got anything from these exams?
Original post by Aek-94
Does anyone know when we get to see whether we got anything from these exams?

I think its anytime from around mid-month to the end of the month! so within in the next 2-3weeks!?
I think its anytime from around mid-month to the end of the month! so within in the next 2-3weeks!?

Ah, thank you! :smile:

I hope I get something, but I'm starting to doubt whether I will.
Just got an email off Aber saying the results are out on the 21st March! :^_^: :woo:
Reply 37
Original post by Aek-94
Just got an email off Aber saying the results are out on the 21st March! :^_^: :woo:

Me too.

Yup, results on my 18th birthday. Whoopie.
Original post by Reffariiii
Me too.

Yup, results on my 18th birthday. Whoopie.

An unconditional offer would make a great birthday present. :yep:
Reply 39
Original post by Aek-94
An unconditional offer would make a great birthday present. :yep:

Aye it would!

Quick Reply

Latest