Aberystwyth University

Entrance Scholarship

Scroll to see replies

YAYY! I've won a Merit Award! :woo: :^_^:
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
.... *slinks into depression*
Reply 82
if you look carefully, the merit award list seems incomplete, the surnames stop at T and there are some names at the bottom after the empty boxes. Might explain why the page can't be found via the normal channels.

well done to all who have seen their names so far
Reply 83
Yes I got a Merit Award!!!
Reply 84
Boom. Got it, I sat the two History papers. Current mood - Buzzing.
Reply 85
Was a wonderful 18th presant!

Still no news of the main entrance scholarship list?

Hard luck to all those who got nothing :frown:
Original post by Reffariiii
Was a wonderful 18th presant!

Still no news of the main entrance scholarship list?

Hard luck to all those who got nothing :frown:

What a great birthday present. :yep:

Sorry to those people who didn't recieve anything. :frown:
Reply 87
on the form i ticked do not put my name on the website, i shouldnt have! will have to wait til later
Original post by connoryay
on the form i ticked do not put my name on the website, i shouldnt have! will have to wait til later

Good luck! :smile:
Sorry to those that didn't get anything, atleast you tried and im sure you will get in with you A-levels anway!

Congrats to the others who did get in!! I really look forward to September now!! :smile:
Well done everyone :smile:

My younger brother was awarded a merit scholarship today which was completely unexpected but amazing news. Aber was definitely going to be his firm choice anyway so an unconditional offer is brilliant for him. His UCAS process has been incredibly interesting - all of the offers came within a week and now he has an unconditional offer for his first choice university. This certainly isn't how TSR has taught me that UCAS works! :smile: That said, I still think its really important to put in the work and get as high grades as possible because A levels aren't just needed for university, they're used as accept/reject criteria for graduate schemes.

To the people who didn't get a scholarship -- don't worry, you haven't really lost out too much as very few universities operate this sort of scholarship scheme so you're no worse off than had you had any other university as your firm. Yes, its an added bonus but you were given an offer in the first place with the expectation that you would go on to get the desired grades (otherwise they would have rejected you) so as long as you keep working and keep going there's no reason why you won't meet your offer for Aber or elsewhere. By the time you actually get to university it will make no difference about who got the scholarship and who didn't, you'll all be in the same position.
I got the Richard and Anne Roberts Scholarship!!! :smile: :smile: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 92
Hey,

So I'm applying to do Art and English at Aberystwyth and took the relevant exams to find out today that I've gained a 'Merit Award' :biggrin:

I'm so happy but I just wondered how many others got a Merit award, and how many of these are awarded in comparison with how many applied for a Scholarship. It's not a full scholarship so I was just wondering if its pretty common or not...

If any one else did get one, well done :biggrin:!
Reply 93
Original post by alicec3
Hey,

So I'm applying to do Art and English at Aberystwyth and took the relevant exams to find out today that I've gained a 'Merit Award' :biggrin:

I'm so happy but I just wondered how many others got a Merit award, and how many of these are awarded in comparison with how many applied for a Scholarship. It's not a full scholarship so I was just wondering if its pretty common or not...

If any one else did get one, well done :biggrin:!

Congrats! I too got a Merit award.

I believe its 50 'main' scholarships, and around 250 merit awards :smile:

Although the 'main' scholarships are divided into sub scholarships
I'm pretty sure it was mentioned on the Facebook group that 1,100 - 1,200 took the exams, and Aber gave out 50 Scholarships and 250 Merit Awards. :smile:

EDIT - Someone's beat me to it. :tongue:
Reply 95
Original post by Aek-94
Good luck! :smile:

thanks! turns out i have a merit award, firmed aber last week so alls good
Original post by connoryay
thanks! turns out i have a merit award, firmed aber last week so alls good

Ah cool. You're on my course too I think... Political Studies, right? :^_^:
Reply 97
Gutted all day :frown: but have just firmed Aber anyway
Reply 98
"Once you have placed Aberystwyth as your Firm choice, your offer will be changed to an Unconditional one"

Quoted from the Merit Award success letter.
Reply 99
Original post by Reffariiii
Congrats! I too got a Merit award.

I believe its 50 'main' scholarships, and around 250 merit awards :smile:

Although the 'main' scholarships are divided into sub scholarships

Ah, cool! Thanks for letting me know, and Well done :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest