The Student Room Group

G4S 2012 Olympics Job

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2040
Original post by GhostM
oh cool, have u picked up your uniform yet?

nah, they havent even finished my screening, i doubt i will be working for the olympics now.
I did a lot of training, like sia ds, bag search, rapiscan.. now got my uniform..its green with black-a bit like Asda :rolleyes: but havn't been told of shifts etc doing Patrolling thing I'm told? not even sure what exactly it is I do but can't wait
Reply 2042
Original post by yennibubs
Just picked up my accreditation pass. Never expected it to be so huge and my face to be so fat lol

Lolz.. photo was taken during interview process. I do not like my photo as well but you can expect these from a unprofessional camera person.
Original post by ybasnet
Lolz.. photo was taken during interview process. I do not like my photo as well but you can expect these from a unprofessional camera person.

Hey what is the accreditation pass? I don't have one
Original post by DejiBest
You picked full time right?

Yes. Although it still wasn't 75 hours

Original post by cstewart91
I am now awaiting deployment, I have eveything and ready to go, where are you guys working if you dont mind me asking???

Wembley at the moment

Original post by arno111
When are you going in next? What venue you working at? When you didnt turn up to a shuft did you let them know or not tell anyone?

I promised I will go back on Wednesday or maybe it will be Thursday depending on how I feel. I spoke to a very nice manager. Considering I didn't tell anyone and just didn't turn up I thought he would be a bit angry. I can't tell anyone because there is no contact details for anyone and if I was to go back there they would most likely force me to work that day.

I think he was most interested in when I was going back.

Today I got an text from the union saying they have some very good news they will let us know soon. Very exciting but I bet its an anticlimax ideally I want longer breaks and more flexiable shifts
hey guys.

so im meant to be a PSA Team leader, but last friday i got an email saying my applications been withdrawn cause apparently, ive stated that im not interested anymore. :mad: Has anyone else been in this situation before? Oh, and i have been calling them, im just told that i'll get a call back....
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2046
Original post by 1923billi1923
Hey what is the accreditation pass? I don't have one

Accreditation is a pass that is required to enter into the venue of olympic games. London Organising Committee for Olympic Games in association with Home Office & International Olympic Committee issues the pass the officials, security, volunteers, athletics and press. If you are involving yourselves into the olympic venue, you need 2 passes (1- Accreditation Card & 1 Upgrade Card). LOCOG issues the accreditation card which is mandatory for visitors. Upgrade Card is venue specific, role specific access card which you will get during the assignment.

If you have passed the screening & vetting process, you get accreditation card. To have a specific role / job in olympic site, you require upgrade card which described your access and entitlements in the site.

Hope this is adequate.
Reply 2047
Some people on here mentioning a time card? Can anyone who has started work confirm if we need a time card and if so how/where do we get it?
Original post by ybasnet
Accreditation is a pass that is required to enter into the venue of olympic games. London Organising Committee for Olympic Games in association with Home Office & International Olympic Committee issues the pass the officials, security, volunteers, athletics and press. If you are involving yourselves into the olympic venue, you need 2 passes (1- Accreditation Card & 1 Upgrade Card). LOCOG issues the accreditation card which is mandatory for visitors. Upgrade Card is venue specific, role specific access card which you will get during the assignment.

If you have passed the screening & vetting process, you get accreditation card. To have a specific role / job in olympic site, you require upgrade card which described your access and entitlements in the site.

Hope this is adequate.

Is it normal to only receive one of them? We felt the role specific ones later right? Because I have been given no details about venue yet

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9300
Original post by ybasnet

Hope this is adequate.

Ahh I see, yea been told mine would be at my venue..may for security reasons they might not have issued it.. but Thanks
Reply 2050
Original post by 1923billi1923
Ahh I see, yea been told mine would be at my venue..may for security reasons they might not have issued it.. but Thanks

I think you've confused them.

The card at your venue is the clocking in/out ID card.

The accreditation is different - You collect the accreditation yourself from the UDAC.
Reply 2051
i got my sia form sent back with my documents, the letter said they scanned my documents and stuff and they will get back to me :confused:
Original post by GhostM
You dont need an SIA licence to attend training. All you need is proof of identity (Passport/Drivers license) and the email regarding training printed out!

Thanks mate, can you 100% confirm that you don't need an SIA license if you are doing the Olympics through BTG? I've got my training tomorrow so that's all good! (The Patrol specific training)
Original post by Jamielawrence1945
Thanks mate, can you 100% confirm that you don't need an SIA license if you are doing the Olympics through BTG? I've got my training tomorrow so that's all good! (The Patrol specific training)

100%!! :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2054
Original post by Mrnice92
i got my sia form sent back with my documents, the letter said they scanned my documents and stuff and they will get back to me :confused:

This is a normal process. Now keep tracking your license as I am doing lolz. It takea a hell lot of time. Some friends are lucky as their license is processed very quickly.
Reply 2055
Original post by ybasnet
This is a normal process. Now keep tracking your license as I am doing lolz. It takea a hell lot of time. Some friends are lucky as their license is processed very quickly.

ahh ok thank you :smile:
Reply 2056
I got a phone call off them asking me to go somewhere and do something, i wasn't really listening just waiting for a pause so i could let the poor girl know i was no longer interested in the job, had withdrawn my application both over the phone and on the G4S website...

apparently there was no record of my withdrawal, don't worry I'm sure they'll get their act together before the games, there is loads of time they've still got-

oh,

oh dear.
Original post by DejiBest
I Want Additional Training Tbh! Alternating Between Roles Would Make It More Interesting Thus Reducing Boredom

Im trying to get this atm too
Reply 2058
Original post by mattstar
[INDENT]

We would have more empathy for them if they would just give us straight answers instead of wasting some of our times. Some of us like me for example will defo not get the job now and it just pisses me of so much. The company is a joke.

Tbh I would have to say they were not fully prepared for this, they could have done sooo much to ensure all these problems wouldnt happen.
Reply 2059
Does anyone know if having 72 hours of work if it is legal?? I got the shifts but seriously I might quit after the first three days!! Lool

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending