The Student Room Group

G4S 2012 Olympics Job

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
has anyone done the skills for security course? i done it last week but i haventy been updated on whats going on next ?
new interview slots added today on the G4s website for 30th apil and 1-2nd of may in... West Ham..
had my interview today, went really well and awaiting vetting process now and the call for x ray training!
I'm a bit unsure I really want this job. It seems a little scary the thought of doing security work in times and areas of high terrorist risk. Not only that, but if it clashes with my London Ambassadors shift, I'd hate to have to choose between the too :frown:. Though, £10 an hour does seem very tempting, and I've worked out that I could earn about £2000 over the 6 weeks of the job. But they still haven't offered me the job yet anyway, so maybe this wondering id redundant at the moment. Hmmm :beard:
Reply 224
I sent this as an email to G4S but was wondering if anyone on here could help me -

A couple of days a go I was called by G4S to go over my application. Everything was fine and the woman said I should here about training soon, however it was bought up that in one of the jobs that I listed was paid by cash in hand as it was a Weekend job in a pub run by a couple and also the job had no payslips. Although they did not provide payslips or paid me into my bank, I know that the boss did fill in forms for Tax and everything like that (although I was on minimum wage and didn't earn nearly enough to be taxed). The way the woman was speaking during discussing this suggested that nothing was a problem, and she simply said I needed a statement of earnings from the job.

Now this is fine, but I am now worried about things. First of all I don't know how to go about getting a statement of earnings for this job, and second of all, in the event the company can't provide these details will it affect my application at all? It sounded like this was not a huge issue and I'd be being called about training within the next few weeks anyway. Provided I do get the statement of earnings, where do I send it too?
Original post by Prodigy
I sent this as an email to G4S but was wondering if anyone on here could help me -

A couple of days a go I was called by G4S to go over my application. Everything was fine and the woman said I should here about training soon, however it was bought up that in one of the jobs that I listed was paid by cash in hand as it was a Weekend job in a pub run by a couple and also the job had no payslips. Although they did not provide payslips or paid me into my bank, I know that the boss did fill in forms for Tax and everything like that (although I was on minimum wage and didn't earn nearly enough to be taxed). The way the woman was speaking during discussing this suggested that nothing was a problem, and she simply said I needed a statement of earnings from the job.

Now this is fine, but I am now worried about things. First of all I don't know how to go about getting a statement of earnings for this job, and second of all, in the event the company can't provide these details will it affect my application at all? It sounded like this was not a huge issue and I'd be being called about training within the next few weeks anyway. Provided I do get the statement of earnings, where do I send it too?

It's an obligation for your previous employer to fill in your P45 once you left work. So best thing to do is ask your last employer as soon as possible for your P45 (which is what I think they're asking for).

On another subject I'm applying for the Manchester Old Trafford Role but I'm worried that I won't get enough work during summer because there will only be 9 football matches there. So will I only get 9 days of work? I've tried calling and emailing and they're being so vague that they answered my question with "You'll work for the shifts given to you".
Reply 226
Anyone know much about the screening?

It says 5 years but is this 5 years complete of employment?

In my last 5 years I have been to uni and had a few months on ESA, would this make a diffrence? I can prove it all.

King
Original post by niyaz93
Yh mines was actually 4 days including psychical intervention, during that period g4s only send me a letter to disclosure CRB check, but SIA will contact you regarding your application and how to track it, within 25 days they will notify you, i got mines within 2weeks i think and i received the certificate from high fields for the door supervision course to prove that i passed...now just awaiting for further training, am guessing your just awaiting for the results and license?

I have my training in manchester but they haven't sent me details confirming the address does anyone know it. Thanks
Hey guys I have my 4 day training tomorrow in Manchester does anyone know where it is held as I'm still waiting on the confirmation email giving me the details at least this way I can just turn up. Thanks
Reply 229
Original post by michaelhotton31
Hey guys I have my 4 day training tomorrow in Manchester does anyone know where it is held as I'm still waiting on the confirmation email giving me the details at least this way I can just turn up. Thanks

so you have your training TOMORROW and you have left it until the day before to find out where the training is being held?? oh dear.....

bridging the gap?

Original post by KingDing
Anyone know much about the screening?

It says 5 years but is this 5 years complete of employment?

In my last 5 years I have been to uni and had a few months on ESA, would this make a diffrence? I can prove it all.

King

I'm sure that's ok they just want proof of what you have been up to although no idea why because I was working part time for 4 years and a did few adult education courses in theory i could have been doing dodgy things at the same time assuming that's the reason they are asking.

doesn't stop people lying about being self employed or being an "artist" of some type.
Reply 231
I have my training in manchester but they haven't sent me details confirming the address does anyone know it. Thanks

sorry mate my one was somewhere else
Reply 232
has anyone received accreditation, isit like a card or something? because they stated that they will start giving them out in april; just wondering if anyone has received it yet ?
Reply 233
How long does screening and vetting take?
Reply 234
Original post by .Missy
How long does screening and vetting take?

its done as soon as possible just make sure you have you 5 year background check secured, like references and numbers sorted out from your previous jobs, payslips, if you were at college or uni, the exact dates when you started and when you finished, they need a complete five year check without gaps..the process this asap so its good to sort it out and have no hold makes but it can take up to several weeks.
Reply 235
Original post by niyaz93
its done as soon as possible just make sure you have you 5 year background check secured, like references and numbers sorted out from your previous jobs, payslips, if you were at college or uni, the exact dates when you started and when you finished, they need a complete five year check without gaps..the process this asap so its good to sort it out and have no hold makes but it can take up to several weeks.

Thanks :smile: I done all that. You know the job they recommended for us in the initial interview that I did. Is it the same one that you had training for?

Cause I really don't want to do x ray stuff :/
Reply 236
Original post by .Missy
Thanks :smile: I done all that. You know the job they recommended for us in the initial interview that I did. Is it the same one that you had training for?

Cause I really don't want to do x ray stuff :/

from my knowledge, people are being processed different, when i applied i wasnt told the role, i done the interview then i was chosen for vehicle searching, i done further training but i think i got more to do....people that applied after me were mostly chosen for x-ray am sure if you let me them know they will try their best to put you into a role you like but end of the day its only for a few weeks :tongue: have you passed the training? the recent training i done was skills for security
Reply 237
Original post by niyaz93
from my knowledge, people are being processed different, when i applied i wasnt told the role, i done the interview then i was chosen for vehicle searching, i done further training but i think i got more to do....people that applied after me were mostly chosen for x-ray am sure if you let me them know they will try their best to put you into a role you like but end of the day its only for a few weeks :tongue: have you passed the training? the recent training i done was skills for security

Ahh.. they did mine differently. They selected me for x rays and then I had to do a hard x ray assessment. It was soo hard :/ I haven't done any training. Have to wait until my screening is done. Is it long? I don't want my coming exams to be affected.. but i soo want to work in the olympics :frown:
does anyone have a mobile number for these people, they seem to have a serious issue replying to emails :rolleyes:
Reply 239
Original post by calumsteele1
does anyone have a mobile number for these people, they seem to have a serious issue replying to emails :rolleyes:

Are you talking about the G4S olympic number?
The one I was given on their card was 0203 535 2012

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending