The Student Room Group

G4S 2012 Olympics Job

Scroll to see replies

Original post by niyaz93
yeah denim is fine for further training, it depends which training youve been invited for if your doing the door supervision id advise you to wear smart then last day you should wear loose clothing and depends which training it is they teach you different stuff from searches to defence etc..

I just posted about my selected training above, but is this training the SIA Door Supervisors course?

I am asking because I completed this course through an external company last week, but have not yet had confirmation of my pass/fail of exams.
Original post by nikki_alaska
I too have the email saying ive been selected for the PSA/OSA Screener ( Bag Loader, Pacer, EAC Operator) training.

My training is on 7th May to 11th.

Where are others travelling from to attend this training? As I am having great difficulty in finding adequate transport- Trains from here will cost me £75 a day, as well as having to leave at 5:30am daily!!!

Would be great to hear others transport methods, and if you live close to me we could maybe travel together!!

xxxx

its for consecutive 4 days?...and does it say for how many hours each day
Reply 262
Ive had a free queries regarding G4S, try the following link as well if it helps,

http://jobs.g4s.com/operational.aspx/

create a profile and search and apply for jobs on there. It would appear a lot of you are being herded into "Olympic Roles" there is plenty more to offer depending on your location.
Reply 263
i applied for this and have booked an interview, but they have not asked for a CV, do you have to take one to the interview - there's no mention of it in what you have to bring ??
Reply 264
Original post by 197naa
i applied for this and have booked an interview, but they have not asked for a CV, do you have to take one to the interview - there's no mention of it in what you have to bring ??

No you don't need your cv, but ou may like to carry it incase you have any employment details/gaps to fill in.
Reply 265
Original post by BexiG
No you don't need your cv, but ou may like to carry it incase you have any employment details/gaps to fill in.

ok thanks i got an interview in May :smile:
Reply 266
Hi, everyone
i had my interview on the 17th last month, 2 weeks after received a call. G4S went tho my application form. Also i've just received a call from G4S, the ladie asked me about my driving licence number and also she mentioned i will receive a post within 2 weeks. Anyone know what after that?
Reply 267
Original post by nikki_alaska
I just posted about my selected training above, but is this training the SIA Door Supervisors course?

I am asking because I completed this course through an external company last week, but have not yet had confirmation of my pass/fail of exams.

oh okay no, the training they gave you is more close to the role they have chosen for you, i was chosen for vehicle searcher and attended the training on the day in pitchford st/stratford but when i went we didnt do nothing on vehicle searching, they taught us how to do bag searches and fully body searches and then tested us at the end, so although its states on the email that its for PSA/OSA Screener ( Bag Loader, Pacer, EAC Operator) training, i cant be certain that you will be training for that on that day...i done the door supervision course through g4s, (maybo) if you done it already i dont think theyll make you do it again..im sure youll receive the certificate and license soon, message me if you need more info :biggrin:
Reply 268
G4S hasnt contacted me regarding the accreditation which is meant to be given out this month, i guess its just a waiting game ?

The latest stage i have met is doing the skills for security training, anyone else done this ? ( VSA, Vehicle searcher)?

And also i have previously applied for another olympic job -with manpower(UPS) and they have received my accreditation; they are willing to give me a condition offer after i fill out a survey on which location i want to work in and other questions....does anyone know how this accreditation works?

do i have to choose one of them or can accept UPS-Manpower for now then decline it after they have given me a conditional offer? because i really rather work for g4s than any other company;

so any thoughts ?
Reply 269
Original post by 197naa
ok thanks i got an interview in May :smile:

Wish you luck. You'll be fine though, it's easy :smile:
I have been put on PSA/OSA Screener ( Bag Loader, Pacer, EAC Operator) training although can't do the dates as I am at uni ...

What role is this exactly? It sounds like xray? and Pedestrian Screening Area Training is this seraching people. Exactly the role I least wanted to do :frown:
Reply 271
Original post by GuitarWizard
I have been put on PSA/OSA Screener ( Bag Loader, Pacer, EAC Operator) training although can't do the dates as I am at uni ...

What role is this exactly? It sounds like xray? and Pedestrian Screening Area Training is this seraching people. Exactly the role I least wanted to do :frown:

I am in a similar situation as Ive been put forward for this role as well and not too keen on it either!!! Im also at Uni but can do some of the dates but others are during exam period and havent got the timetable yet so may need to change some training dates as well which you can do if you give them a ring!
Reply 272

you can reschedule them by calling them up, keep in mind that its not 100% certain that you will be given that role..i am not sure what they are trying to do but if you read one of my post before, i was told on my email possible selected for vehicle searcher but when i went for the one day training it was for skills for security; the taught us in dept how to do bag searches/full body searches and tested us so i gather that there is more training left for me depending on the role i am actually selected for, on the email i think it just states that your possible to be selected for that role so its worth a try talking to them to see if theres any other roles available...
Reply 273
Original post by niyaz93
yeah denim is fine for further training, it depends which training youve been invited for if your doing the door supervision id advise you to wear smart then last day you should wear loose clothing and depends which training it is they teach you different stuff from searches to defence etc..

alrite ,as i said my training on 7 may is at citybase romford does any one knoe how to get there from stratford , and does the status still say "sent too screening " even after getting training,if so how long does it take to change
Reply 274
I have my interview on the 24th April - I'm excited for it! I too hope it will work around my A-Level exams, I'd really like to work at the olympics!

I don't have anything extra to add, but I thought I'd get involved in the thread :smile:
Reply 275
Original post by marakanti
alrite ,as i said my training on 7 may is at citybase romford does any one knoe how to get there from stratford , and does the status still say "sent too screening " even after getting training,if so how long does it take to change

dont worry about the status, it will change by itself and yeah from stratford bus station take the 86 bus or 25 towards romford station and get off at margery park road, and its opposite the bus stop...
Trying to phone up to sort this out - been on the phone for 4 hours now :mad:
they're so unorganised!
had my interview a few days ago (17th Apr). Dun dun dunnnn :smile:
good luck people, any questions about the interview..dont hesitate to ask
I phoned up to book after I finish uni the first of June and they are only booking up to the 2 week of May. If they don't have enough that have passed training they will extend it if not they wont. :frown:
Trying to phone up to sort this out - been on the phone for 4 hours now :mad:

may i ask who you rang?! when ever i rang them i always got told the only way to contact them regarding the olympic jobs [i assume you went through the bridging the gap ?] was by email and those useless cocks have yet to be able to reply to one -_-

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending