The Student Room Group

G4S 2012 Olympics Job

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Hi does anyone know how long it takes for them to contact you about the training? It's three weeks this weeks since i attended my interview (application status= sent to screening)...........Olympics is just around the corner lol will they have the time to train up everyone and get the sia badge ready in time????hmm
Original post by zee777
Hi does anyone know how long it takes for them to contact you about the training? It's three weeks this weeks since i attended my interview (application status= sent to screening)...........Olympics is just around the corner lol will they have the time to train up everyone and get the sia badge ready in time????hmm

so you heard back from them after the interview? I'd suggest getting in contact with your school/college's BtG officer who sorted you out with the details of your first week of training. The woman at the interview told me to do that once I've heard from G4S that my application has been sent to screening/vetting. Hurry! <3
Reply 382
I have an interview booked and I just want to make sure I have what I need.
PLEASE NOTE: If you do not have proof of your right to work in the UK, you will be turned away.

2. PROOF OF ADDRESS

A utility bill dated within the last month

OR

A bank statement dated within the last month

OR

A current driving licence with paper counterpart

^
Will a provisional licence be ok to take with me? With counterpart ofc. And also, I don't have a valid passport but have my Birth Certificate with my provisional, P45 P60 and bank details. Do I have everything I need?

Ta
Reply 383
Original post by Cazzaline1
so you heard back from them after the interview? I'd suggest getting in contact with your school/college's BtG officer who sorted you out with the details of your first week of training. The woman at the interview told me to do that once I've heard from G4S that my application has been sent to screening/vetting. Hurry! <3

Yes after the interview I received an email stating that I have passed the first stage and now my application is going through vetting/screening which can take 2 to 12 weeks but nothing about training.Probably they will contact me within the next couple of weeks.........
Original post by zee777
Yes after the interview I received an email stating that I have passed the first stage and now my application is going through vetting/screening which can take 2 to 12 weeks but nothing about training.Probably they will contact me within the next couple of weeks.........

It's BtG that organises the training..not G4S. So get hold of your supervisor from the coll/school that you went to for the Door Supervision training and everything will be alriteyyyy x
Original post by TheHiker

^
Will a provisional licence be ok to take with me? With counterpart ofc. And also, I don't have a valid passport but have my Birth Certificate with my provisional, P45 P60 and bank details. Do I have everything I need?

Ta

yaaaa, defo both parts..paper and card - like you've said. They're fine with full licence and provisional.
Make sure your birth cert is the actual longer version certificate rather than the little paper bit that comes with it. I say this, coz one of my friends only had the little flimsy paper bit of hers and her dad had to drive over an hour to give her the other half coz they wouldnt accept it! So she just had to wait there for like 4 hours or something. Na good. x
Reply 386
It's BtG that organises the training..not G4S. So get hold of your supervisor from the coll/school that you went to for the Door Supervision training and everything will be alriteyyyy x

K ty.
Reply 387
yaaaa, defo both parts..paper and card - like you've said. They're fine with full licence and provisional.
Make sure your birth cert is the actual longer version certificate rather than the little paper bit that comes with it. I say this, coz one of my friends only had the little flimsy paper bit of hers and her dad had to drive over an hour to give her the other half coz they wouldnt accept it! So she just had to wait there for like 4 hours or something. Na good. x

Ty for the info Cazz :smile: Do you mean the tiny wee bit of paper you get with a bit of info on it? I have the A4 size yellow old lookin kinda birth certificate :P I think it's a full length one anyway...

Ta <3
Original post by TheHiker
Ty for the info Cazz :smile: Do you mean the tiny wee bit of paper you get with a bit of info on it? I have the A4 size yellow old lookin kinda birth certificate :P I think it's a full length one anyway...

Ta <3

Yeh that's the one! Take both bits...just to be sure. But DEFO the A4 one! Good luck lovelyyyyy! x
Anyone have the crazy chinese guy for SIA training today?
Reply 390
I have one more question. When it says checkable history do I need to show some sort of proof that I went to college for a year? All I have is the certificate for completing the course. Also, I worked for an agency for the past year so can I just get them to call the agency to confirm I was working? Sorry for all the questions!!

Ta :smile:
I got a call today to confirm iv passed the screening stage (9 weeks after original interview) i have also completed my SIA training and awaiting the results (did course 3 weeks ago) got offered role of x-ray screener, training in London on weeks beginning Mon 7th-12th and Mon 14th-19th May, accommodation all payed for etc, i was told these were the only two training weeks for position as a screener with pay ranging between £11.50-£16.00 per hour. Unfortunately I had to turn it down as I have uni exams during both of the training weeks and now they will call me back by end of the week to offer me a different role. Any ideas what this different role could be?
Reply 392
Original post by cstewart91
I got a call today to confirm iv passed the screening stage (9 weeks after original interview) i have also completed my SIA training and awaiting the results (did course 3 weeks ago) got offered role of x-ray screener, training in London on weeks beginning Mon 7th-12th and Mon 14th-19th May, accommodation all payed for etc, i was told these were the only two training weeks for position as a screener with pay ranging between £11.50-£16.00 per hour. Unfortunately I had to turn it down as I have uni exams during both of the training weeks and now they will call me back by end of the week to offer me a different role. Any ideas what this different role could be?

Just a quick question mate did you do the sia training through G4S or Bridging the gap??? Thanks.
Reply 393
Original post by cstewart91

Ooh i like the sound of the pay, however if they do offer me that role, i also have upcoming exams during those times so probably wont be able to do it. That sucks
This thursday will be 14 weeks since my interview, if they got to me within the same time they did to you, would of allowed some time for training. Useless company
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 394
anyone attending traing from 7th to 1th may ??????????
Reply 395
Original post by TimeToSayGoodbye
Anyone have the crazy chinese guy for SIA training today?

i had him but not today my training was in feb
Reply 396
has anyone here completed all their training ?
Reply 397
My interview didn't go so well. I've started applying for other Olympic jobs.
Original post by Pi!
My interview didn't go so well. I've started applying for other Olympic jobs.

What happened?

what is SIA training? do you mean the level 2 door supervisor?
Original post by zee777
Just a quick question mate did you do the sia training through G4S or Bridging the gap??? Thanks.

It was through G4S mate, a company called HighField, im still waiting on my results but im pretty confident iv passed, the training is very simple.

Absolutely gutted I missed out on screener training though, cant believe they only have two weeks of training for it. Such good pay!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending