The Student Room Group

G4S 2012 Olympics Job

Scroll to see replies

A woman from scheduling rang me today, she didn't have a clue what was going on, I asked her a question which she couldn't answer so I wonder if anyone else knows.

If my accreditation hasn't come through in time for the Olympics, so I can't work for them, therefore unable to to complete my 5 shifts, will I have to pay for my SIA training? Because its there fault I haven't been able to work.

If I turn up 2morow at stratford olympic park with my uniform and accreditation, will they put me to work? I have no schedule as of yet.
Reply 4042
Original post by Dannybhoy1
I was told this about a week ago.

Have you called the accreditation team to find out if your documents are with the home office for background check? I have and they telling me it's at the home office
Original post by mmjacob9117

If I turn up 2morow at stratford olympic park with my uniform and accreditation, will they put me to work? I have no schedule as of yet.

Yes mate! :smile: Just turn up, I'm working at the Velodrome if you fancy tagging along :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by a-jay
Have you called the accreditation team to find out if your documents are with the home office for background check? I have and they telling me it's at the home office

A woman from scheduling rang me today and she said that they were now with the home office. Don't really believe anything there saying though at the moment lol.
If ur BTG other then accreditation and uniform is anything else u need to show up with?
I'm utterly disgraced with them, I failed the eyesight test as I am slightly short sighted but at the time I had no glasses. Now this big cock up has been in the media and judging by the comments on here it has been organised poorly. I attempted to reschedule an interview but my glasses took 10 days to be made so I didn't have them in time for the interview. My vision isn't even that bad and I could have done something that didn't need long distance vision anyway.
Original post by yennibubs
Does anyone know if we only get the 'bonus" if we complete every single shift on our ess??? That's what people were telling me at work yesterday but I found it so unfair because I'm scheduled to work every single day for more than 2 weeks...

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9300

Me too! It's ridiculous not giving us at least one day off each week, especially with a lot of these long shifts. I decided to just give myself last Saturday off anyway, and catch up with the lost time tomorrow and the day after, when I'm scheduled to do just 4 hour shifts each of those days :s-smilie:. I really hope what ± Dan ± replied to you does ring true.

Original post by a-jay
Aright coo. I heard they paying £10 an hour is that true? I hope my accreditation pass comes tomorrow then I'm going to move to London on Tuesday :smile:

It's £8.50 an hour for team members, (or about £15 if you're a team leader, which I assume you're probably not?). Then there's some extra money if you started work earlier and complete a certain number of shifts.
I'm utterly disgraced with them, I failed the eyesight test as I am slightly short sighted but at the time I had no glasses. Now this big cock up has been in the media and judging by the comments on here it has been organised poorly. I attempted to reschedule an interview but my glasses took 10 days to be made so I didn't have them in time for the interview. My vision isn't even that bad and I could have done something that didn't need long distance vision anyway.
Original post by Dannybhoy1

If my accreditation hasn't come through in time for the Olympics, so I can't work for them, therefore unable to to complete my 5 shifts, will I have to pay for my SIA training? Because its there fault I haven't been able to work.

According to the contract G4S send you and the agreement you sign at the SIA training then they state that there is no exceptions to it & you would be required to repay.

However because of the mess-up then who knows what's happening now.
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Me too! It's ridiculous not giving us at least one day off each week, especially with a lot of these long shifts. I decided to just give myself last Saturday off anyway, and catch up with the lost time tomorrow and the day after, when I'm scheduled to do just 4 hour shifts each of those days :s-smilie:. I really hope what ± Dan ± replied to you does ring true.

Me too. I hope we get the bonus!! I would love to get the bonus but I don't want it enough to work everyday for 20 days straight or so!!!
My legs kill after a few shifts so my legs will probably be gone if I don't take a break lol. Sleeping has become 4hours a day now too.

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4051
Oh my days guys i thought it was just me with the hurting like hell! Though back pain also it a real pain! If I'm guard then I would like to watch some of the events!!!!
What do u need to take with to ur shift other then accreditation if ur BTG?
Reply 4053
Are g4s still doing training? I've sent off my contract,passed screening,waiting accreditation.
Original post by Quickly
Are g4s still doing training? I've sent off my contract,passed screening,waiting accreditation.

My friend is doing his sia training next week, so I guess they are still training people...

Reply 4055
[QUOTE=It's £8.50 an hour for team members, (or about £15 if you're a team leader, which I assume you're probably not?). Then there's some extra money if you started work earlier and complete a certain number of shifts.

Aright cool thanks for the information :smile:
Reply 4056
Original post by Lmeechan
According to the contract G4S send you and the agreement you sign at the SIA training then they state that there is no exceptions to it & you would be required to repay.

However because of the mess-up then who knows what's happening now.

I think it is safe to say G4S will probably not get people to repay for their licences. If they attempted to, I don't think they'd get anywhere fast!
Does anybody know a direct number for the training center at Pitchford street? I want to find out if they have sent my SIA application yet
To anyone waiting for accreditation, the chance of getting it before the olympics ends is very low as I was told by someone at LOCOG today. G4S aren't even bothering to send through request for it even if we did fill out those forms ect...
Reply 4059
Original post by jubrilaya
To anyone waiting for accreditation, the chance of getting it before the olympics ends is very low as I was told by someone at LOCOG today. G4S aren't even bothering to send through request for it even if we did fill out those forms ect...

How did you speak to LOCOG?? And my accreditations with home office so surely that should come back

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending