G4S 2012 Olympics Job

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4120
Original post by treeves
They issue it to you when you sign in.

Thank you
Original post by treeves
Update:

Done 6 shifts now. Been following my own shift pattern and it's been going well (at NGA); HOWEVER, they (G4S) are trying to clamp down on the ESS **** up that seems to be messing the whole system up (senior officials have been coming around asking for data). Some guys who turned up the other day got sent home straight away and about 10 guys have been fired.. it seems that G4S aren't as low on numbers as it seems.. odd. Can't say too much obviously, but I hope it goes well for everyone.

P.S. I just got an email asking for my availability for the 12th august - 9th of September. About time.

I got the same email, but it was for till the 18th September. This is great - my summer shall now be filled with lots of busyness and money making :biggrin:
Reply 4122
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
I got the same email, but it was for till the 18th September. This is great - my summer shall now be filled with lots of busyness and money making :biggrin:

Oh ****- mine was too- I just put the 9th as my last available day as it's gunna die down :frown:
Original post by treeves
Oh ****- mine was too- I just put the 9th as my last available day as it's gunna die down :frown:

I don't get it. Why is that a reason not to work during that time? Too boring?

I don't mind getting bored if I'm gonna be getting paid for it :p:

Or are you gonna be in college/uni by then?
Reply 4124
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
I don't get it. Why is that a reason not to work during that time? Too boring?

I don't mind getting bored if I'm gonna be getting paid for it :p:

Or are you gonna be in college/uni by then?

That and the fact that I'm PSA.. won't need anywhere near as many of us!

I start Uni on like the 21st of September, so I'd like a small break just to prepare etc :rolleyes:
Reply 4125
I've been working at excel for the past 2 days, so far so good, I had no problems with the managers and others, i hope it stays like this :smile:
Original post by shaj_t
So i'm gonna go to the olympic village 2moro for my first shift even though I ain't got a schedule, i believe the shifts are 7-7. Please say someone has done this and hasn't been refused work?

Look at previous pages! Same things there are being asked. Ive posted already ive started workin with no schedule

Sent from my GT-I9100
Original post by treeves
Update:

Done 6 shifts now. Been following my own shift pattern and it's been going well (at NGA); HOWEVER, they (G4S) are trying to clamp down on the ESS **** up that seems to be messing the whole system up (senior officials have been coming around asking for data). Some guys who turned up the other day got sent home straight away and about 10 guys have been fired.. it seems that G4S aren't as low on numbers as it seems.. odd. Can't say too much obviously, but I hope it goes well for everyone.

P.S. I just got an email asking for my availability for the 12th august - 9th of September. About time.

Fired for what?

Sent from my GT-I9100
Reply 4128
Original post by coolasacucumber
Fired for what?

Sent from my GT-I9100

Won't go into too much detail but basically people not taking their job seriously.
Reply 4129
Original post by td91
Are you serious?!?! Hardly any of the guys where I work tuck in their polos...that's including me and everyone seems to be perfectly fine with it!

Lol really? I see people with shirts untucked and don't see anyone say anything about them. I personally tuck mine in, only because it's massive for me and looks like a dress otherwise

Also, what do you mean by "uniform issued hat"? The baseball cap and woolly hat that G4S gives you with your uniform?

So bloody stupid, but its g4s so...
I hate tucking it in, who tucks in a polo? I know some girls tuck theres in cause theres is also like a dress haha. Yea it was the green wolly hat i was wearing. Ridiculous, and i was there longer than the dsm that suspended me. Its been 4 days im sitting at home.
Original post by H.Maleki
I hate tucking it in, who tucks in a polo? I know some girls tuck theres in cause theres is also like a dress haha. Yea it was the green wolly hat i was wearing. Ridiculous, and i was there longer than the dsm that suspended me. Its been 4 days im sitting at home.

Would you be able to go to another venue?? :tongue:
Reply 4131
Original post by yennibubs
Would you be able to go to another venue?? :tongue:

they took my accreditation, so i cant work anywhere
Reply 4132
That belt supplied with the uniform, is it neccesary? :confused:
they took my accreditation, so i cant work anywhere

Oh damn :s
was it really purely on uniform problems?? If it is, then that's ridiculous!! people don't tuck it in at my venue and it's fine
Original post by shaj_t
That belt supplied with the uniform, is it neccesary? :confused:

nope. nor are the hats :smile:

Huh, that's strange. Suspending you over wearing a hat that G4S gave you as part of your work uniform? :lolwut: Did they give any specific reason and/or did you question why? I wear mine quite often with no problem at all.
Original post by treeves
That and the fact that I'm PSA.. won't need anywhere near as many of us!

Well, they can still put us for guard duty or whatever they call it. not as difficult as PSA/x-ray
Original post by Jetblast
Well, they can still put us for guard duty or whatever they call it. not as difficult as PSA/x-ray

Ahh well today i heard that there tryna get trained g4s staff to take over yhe army as obv the longer their there the money it costs them

Sent from my GT-I9100
Original post by Trey-Cii3
I haven't received my accreditation yet. But I asked, because I assume we everyone on this thread would have the same accreditation pass.

Oh,

And not necessarily, as not everyone here will have the exact same job title/position/rota. I don't even work for G4S as I declined their contract due to getting a contract from LOCOG and accreditation before even receiving the G4S contract. I've also seen accreds on G4S staff that allow them to be in specific venues only so it really depends.
Reply 4139
Losing hope now...

Not even sent an August Schedule...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending