The Student Room Group

G4S 2012 Olympics Job

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DaniLou17
Woo guess ill see you in a couple of weeks then ahhh!

Where you coming from?
Reply 501
does anyone have detailed knowledge or any intake on the shifts ? do we get to choose the shifts/type or is it fixed by g4s?
Original post by GuitarWizard
Where you coming from?

Beford! how about you?
Wow thats far. I'm coming from North London still about an hours journey
Reply 504
Original post by Prodigy
Just login to your account online and it should have it there.
I've logged into my G4S account, and can't seem to find it there... Did you get an application you had to complete after you had set up your interview?
Reply 505
To all concerned, I have started my role for LOCOG and will touch base with the G4S rep hopefully this week who will be working at my Venue.

When I get further info I will let you know on here. Obviously I do need to be careful as to what I do give away so it will only be in the parameters of info not confidential.
Reply 506
Transport is gonna be so horrible. Central and Jubilee lines will be crammed, and taking the bus/rail only from where I live takes half an hour longer -_-
Reply 507
Just seeing what your average times are but, whats the time between interview and further stages like training etc?
Reply 508
Original post by tooosh
Transport is gonna be so horrible. Central and Jubilee lines will be crammed, and taking the bus/rail only from where I live takes half an hour longer -_-

Hi, I live in Croydon imagine my journey lool!! :mad: Have you done training with G4S yet??
Reply 509
Original post by Shaq_N0.1
Hi, I live in Croydon imagine my journey lool!! :mad: Have you done training with G4S yet??

Damn that's far. I think it'll take less time from Croydon than Hendon though, but the olympics will screw transport up so who knows. And still waiting on that, they called a few days ago though to ask if it's still ok to contact my referees. Did you get that?
Reply 510
Original post by tooosh
Damn that's far. I think it'll take less time from Croydon than Hendon though, but the olympics will screw transport up so who knows. And still waiting on that, they called a few days ago though to ask if it's still ok to contact my referees. Did you get that?

Yeah mayb by train but I'm thinking about taking the bus. And yeah I got a call asking me that aswell, and then further that call I got an email about training.
Reply 511
Original post by Shaq_N0.1
Yeah mayb by train but I'm thinking about taking the bus. And yeah I got a call asking me that aswell, and then further that call I got an email about training.

How long after that call?
Reply 512
Original post by tooosh
How long after that call?

About 11 days
I had my first day of training today. Wasn't too bad actually; even getting up at 5:00am turned out to be OK, although I probably only had about 4 hours sleep due to my annoying body not wanting to sleep on time :frown:. But yeah, my tutor is pretty fun and the work seems quite easy so far :smile:. I didn't know very much about this job before, but now and learning more and more and it's starting to sound a little exciting. Plus, I've only just found out that we get paid a few hundred quid for us attending the training alone :eek:, which I had no idea about! But I'm pretty pleased about that no doubt :biggrin:, especially cos my JSA suddenly is seemingly to be cut.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 514
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
I had my first day of training today. Wasn't too bad actually; even getting up at 5:00am turned out to be OK, although I probably only had about 4 hours sleep due to my annoying body not wanting to sleep on time :frown:. But yeah, my tutor is pretty fun and the work seems quite easy so far :smile:. I didn't know very much about this job before, but now and learning more and more and it's starting to sound a little exciting. Plus, I've only just found out that we get paid a few hundred quid for us attending the training alone :eek:, which I had no idea about! But I'm pretty pleased about that no doubt :biggrin:, especially cos my JSA suddenly is seemingly to be cut.

so we get paid 100 plus the hours we do at the training ? bdw which training have you attended?
Reply 515
How long is training each day? From when till when?
Thanks.
Reply 516
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom

Is this with bridging the gap? or G4S directly?
Reply 517
Original post by David20
How long is training each day? From when till when?
Thanks.

It more or less varies depending on how your tutors set it up. But it is 38 hours for the whole training
Reply 518
Original post by niyaz93
so we get paid 100 plus the hours we do at the training ? bdw which training have you attended?

No I think you misunderstood. If you get paid the minimum wage for training £6.50 you will get £416 (in my case for 8 hours of 8 days of training) £6.50 x 8 x 8 = £416 = A few hundred pounds as the other person stated.

However I got a feeling that SIA training hours wont be counted so we would get around £208 or something, come on they won't even specify how much we get during the training it's obviously going to be low.
Reply 519
I've just got a few questions I hope someone can help answer.

Might be a bit stupid but what does PSA/VSA stand for?

Also, when do they decide what job they're going to offer you? At the end of my interview, the interviewer said she was going to recommend me for a job as a security guard. I took that to mean that she had decided what I would be doing but that sounds like it could cover quite a few jobs such as CCTV and xray checking etc.

Finally, I just got the call about whether I'm still interested and about changing my personal referees and one of the people I chose is a bit hesistant. Does anyone know if their referees were even contacted and if so what did they ask?

Cheeers guys

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending