The Student Room Group

G4S 2012 Olympics Job

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
I got an email last week telling me to fill in availability for cctv training (license) instead of door licencse, it said 11th of June start but I still haven't been contacted to confirm this, though I do have missed calls from private numbers, presumably G4S, why can't they leave a message? Will the fact it's not confirmed for me yet mean I won't train then if all slots are booked? Also had email about availabilty, I filled in the part time bit, but may be able to do full time, will they be able to accommodate if you change your mind?
Reply 781
Is anyone doing the Newcastle one? I have SIA training starting monday in Gateshead
Original post by Prodigy
I got an email last week telling me to fill in availability for cctv training (license) instead of door licencse, it said 11th of June start but I still haven't been contacted to confirm this, though I do have missed calls from private numbers, presumably G4S, why can't they leave a message? Will the fact it's not confirmed for me yet mean I won't train then if all slots are booked? Also had email about availabilty, I filled in the part time bit, but may be able to do full time, will they be able to accommodate if you change your mind?

Hi mate, i got same availability email and also an email for PBS training in glasgow on friday, i asked about cctv on the phone and they said they didnt know anything about the cctv email so i have no idea whats going on with cctv..
Original post by BigSamBear
Just received an email about PBS training in Gateshead on friday,
Then apparently I have my week long training the following monday.
Anyone any idea what this PBS training is and what it involves...? :/
Sooner this is all out the way the better!

Hey, i also have PBS training on friday except in glasgow. for the week long training did they tell you about that in the same email as PBS or was it a seperate email? cheers
Reply 784
I just wish they left a messge, I've no idea what's going on expect for the fact I should have training in Manchester on 11th of June, and then role specific in London on the 18th, according to what I filled in. Yet none of this is confirmed.
Reply 785
Has anyone who has done their SIA training during March/April Months recieved their SIA badges yet or even got a letter confirming the license process??

Btw I passed the X-ray operator test, has anyone else passed? Are we pretty much guranteed to be x-ray operators on passing??
A few things that have changed that GMB ( the union) has confirmed for us at the SIA training was
-Lunch provided at SIA training courses
-Free travel during the games using your accreditation
-Training pay is 8.30 or 8.36..
-We get a free meal voucher during our shifts so we dont have to pay the extortionate games prices

and they're still trying to negotiate some things with accomodation etc..
Reply 787
Well I'm hoping I finally get a phonecall / email confirming everything soon! Times running out.
Reply 788
Has anyone passed the g4s screening and vetting checks and waiting for the accreditation????? If so does anyone know how long this accreditation thing takes and do they contact you for training after or before you have passed the accreditation.....my status on g4s website says screening passed sent to accreditation but I have not heard anything from them about sia training/role training ever since. It's been two weeks since I passed the g4s screening/vetting and I applied direct through g4s not btg.
Reply 789
I sent an email to them yesterday asking for an update on my application, as I've done the SIA training and the search and screening training and my college said they have my certificate in e office to collect. The reply I got was that I failed vetting :| and that they sent me a letter (I never got a letter!). They are saying that I can dispute it, so I've emailed the person they suggested I contact to at least find out why...I'm thinking it might have to do with the personal references as 1 person said they missed the call and didn't call back -__-

All a bit of a pain in the ass...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 790
They called me 2 and a half weeks ago and said theyll contact me soon, they are checking my references. But still no update, are they taking long with everyone? Cannot plan anything :confused:
Reply 791
I kinda pulled an all nighter, knowing I'd miss the call from them, if I went to bed late and slept in late, but after doing that, yep, no call. Just my luck!
Reply 792
Original post by BigSamBear
Just received an email about PBS training in Gateshead on friday,
Then apparently I have my week long training the following monday.
Anyone any idea what this PBS training is and what it involves...? :/
Sooner this is all out the way the better!

Personal Body Search. With a wand or by hand depending on location.

Reply 793
Original post by Erazor
Has anyone who has done their SIA training during March/April Months recieved their SIA badges yet or even got a letter confirming the license process??

Btw I passed the X-ray operator test, has anyone else passed? Are we pretty much guranteed to be x-ray operators on passing??

I did my Sia training beginning of april, got my certificate 2 weeks later in the post, got an email from the sia beginning of may saying my application is being processed and My badge came through middle of may. If you do a search with your nameon the sia license tracker on the sia website and it brings up no results that means g4s hasnt sent off your application yet.

And with the xray, what test did you do? I did one Practice test on my first day of training but also had a whole day of xray tests on another day, 7 in total. Those were the ones that determine whether you be an xray operator and apparently they are short of xray guys so if you pass then yeah you probably gunna be one, thats what the trainer said anyway.
I haven't had my certificate through but check the sia checker my application checks are taking place at the moment. Did my course mid april, check on the checker if it's not been sent in it's due to screening&vetting and locog.
Original post by Lasuil
My SIA license training starts on 18th June, anyone else? It's going to be a nightmare to get too as it starts at 8 and is nowhere near public transport. Also, does anyone have these documents

Please carefully read through the document called "JI Covering Letter for Romford Rd" (*) for more important information.
Please follow the vital instructions in the Welcome Pack, "G4S Welcome Doc Romford Rd". (*)

I wasn't sent these and they're not on my Secure Trax login.

Has anyone got these documents? I called them to ask for them but I was in a queue of 20 odd people and it was hardly moving so I just emailed them instead but I really think I need to see these!

Reply 796
Original post by arno111
I did my Sia training beginning of april, got my certificate 2 weeks later in the post, got an email from the sia beginning of may saying my application is being processed and My badge came through middle of may. If you do a search with your nameon the sia license tracker on the sia website and it brings up no results that means g4s hasnt sent off your application yet.

And with the xray, what test did you do? I did one Practice test on my first day of training but also had a whole day of xray tests on another day, 7 in total. Those were the ones that determine whether you be an xray operator and apparently they are short of xray guys so if you pass then yeah you probably gunna be one, thats what the trainer said anyway.

Thanks for answering my question! Hmm I'm a little worried now, I also finished my SIA course at the start of April, All I have gotten is a course certificate, no other information and SIA status checker says no record for me. I don't think it's vetting since I have passed screening & vetting on status and awaiting accreditation. I think I need to call them *sigh* not the damn ques again!

I have also passed the 2 X-ray tests, the one on the first day and the one where you do 13 slides (last 7 slide count towards passing). I actually find x-ray somewhat fun it's like Wheres Waldo but instead of Waldo it's a big fat explosive we are looking for, I am going to **** myself if I find an real explosive though! :eek:
Original post by pandamanyan
A few things that have changed that GMB ( the union) has confirmed for us at the SIA training was
-Lunch provided at SIA training courses
-Free travel during the games using your accreditation
-Training pay is 8.30 or 8.36..
-We get a free meal voucher during our shifts so we dont have to pay the extortionate games prices

and they're still trying to negotiate some things with accomodation etc..

Does any of this apply to games outside of london such as manchester?
Reply 798
Still waiting for that Phone Call, I've done nothing all day, just to make sure I hear my phone!
does anyone know the number to ring g4s on if they have called you on a unkonw number ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending