The Student Room Group

G4S 2012 Olympics Job

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by ALazyThracian
Anyone please give me some contact information so i can phone up about my current status.? Much appreciated thanks.

If you log in it shows the vague status of your application. I couldn't get anything out of them on the phone but you can try.. 0203 535 2012
Reply 981
Original post by cstewart91
Pleasantly surprised with an email reply after i emailed them 4 hours ago :-) got my training sorted in glasgow! Prodigy, apparently no CCTV roles available at the moment, more training first week of july, all positions filled atm

Well at least you got a reply, I still have nothing lol. I wish they'd tell me this. Honestly, dont see the point of training in the first week of July when my Sia license probs wont come till the end of July.
Original post by tooosh
If you log in it shows the vague status of your application. I couldn't get anything out of them on the phone but you can try.. 0203 535 2012

I never even got any credentials to log in to the G4S website, one of my friends did and that was it. I did this through BtG
Reply 983
How long did you ppl wait to get an email regarding passes and uniform?? And has anyone been asked to start work??

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 984
Original post by ALazyThracian
I never even got any credentials to log in to the G4S website, one of my friends did and that was it. I did this through BtG

Oh right. Well if you went directly through g4s that would work. I guess calling is your only option with BtG, good luck with that :tongue:
Original post by tooosh
Oh right. Well if you went directly through g4s that would work. I guess calling is your only option with BtG, good luck with that :tongue:

Thanks its looking a little bleak right now :frown:
Reply 986
I never have luck with jobs. Knew this was too good to be true. **** em.
Reply 987
I have a email from big saying that we're moving you to g4s. Now I have a email from g4 s saying we will call you soon for your uniform. Even after a week still nothing. It's Not long now till olympics. Seriously the training g4s.

Reply 988
Original post by Lasuil
Really? I've got SIA from 18th to 22nd, that's Monday to Friday?

Yeah, although it says Mon-Fri, you should get either Thurs or Fri off (but you'll be paid for the whole 5 days).

Thurs & Fri is physical intervention and there's too many people in a class to do it together, so it's split in to halfs :smile:
Original post by Major93
Yeah, although it says Mon-Fri, you should get either Thurs or Fri off (but you'll be paid for the whole 5 days).

Are you sure, when I logged into g4s to see my times it has me logged in for only the 4 days
Reply 990
Original post by GuitarWizard
Are you sure, when I logged into g4s to see my times it has me logged in for only the 4 days

Well I remember being told we'd be paid for 5 but guess that was lies.
Original post by Major93
Well I remember being told we'd be paid for 5 but guess that was lies.

Well I'm not sure how accurate this thing is its only got the first of my PSA two days course listed :mad: Althought they paid me for that today which was last week although my training months ago is still unpaid. I don't understand
Reply 992
Well I'm not sure how accurate this thing is its only got the first of my PSA two days course listed :mad: Althought they paid me for that today which was last week although my training months ago is still unpaid. I don't understand

When did you recieve your payroll number to log in to the site?
Reply 993

SIA training , you will get paid after first 5 shifts but the further role trainings u do you will get paid for them, and payroll no will be on ur payslip they send,.

Original post by Prodigy
When did you recieve your payroll number to log in to the site?

Did you get your contract, its on the bit where you have to sign
Reply 995
Did you get your contract, its on the bit where you have to sign

Did you get your contract at training?
Reply 996
Original post by Lasuil
Do they give us an oyster card to use during the actual games then? I've got to get to and from Stratford every day next week for SIA and cos its peak it costs me £4 each way. Think it's so cheeky, since I don't think they've out me entirely through screening yet, and if you do training then fails screening for whatever reason, you won't get paid for the training you did. Would be nice to get some travel costs reimbursed, cos its so expensive at the peak times.

They will issue you a pink Oyster card with your Accredation Pass. The Oyster card will allow you to travel to and from work for free within zones 1- 6 on the trains and bus. Issue is it only activates on the 6th of July so youre screwed for your training lol.

You're right about not being paid for training if you fail your screening but however it seems several of my friends who had carried out training last month were paid today regardless of their vetting positions so it still may be worthwhile.
Reply 997
Damn, i thought the payroll number was our 5 digit number on the barcode we got from trainings. I couldn't find one on the contract and sent it all off as well!! :angry:
Original post by atookai
Damn, i thought the payroll number was our 5 digit number on the barcode we got from trainings. I couldn't find one on the contract and sent it all off as well!! :angry:

They gave you two copies :smile:
Original post by Prodigy
Did you get your contract at training?

Nope it came in the post

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending