The Student Room Group

G4S 2012 Olympics Job

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by BexiG
no...the idea of physical intervention is that no matter your size, strength or build you can do the manoeuvres. They are simple! Like how to get lose if someone grabs your arm. One of the trainers (who was about 6ft 6 and 20stones) grabbed my arm tightly to demonstrate that I can still get loose. i'm only 5ft 6 and slim...and I was able to get loose with the correct manoeuvre :smile:

The manoeuvres are great, the trainers there were really good. never thought something like that would work till we dne it on that day, has anyone received any new emails regarding training, got one today for two trainings, SIA again i called them up told them that i already went they informed me to click and decline and choose the one that you already done and give reason why so thats a heads up if anyone gets the same email the other one was VSA Lane marshall/vehicle searcher; so hopefully thats something to look forward to on the 2nd of april, anyone else got this email?
Reply 101
I've only received an email from my college stating I passed the SIA training :biggrin: waiting for the outcome of my interview and further training now
Reply 102
Original post by BexiG
I've only received an email from my college stating I passed the SIA training :biggrin: waiting for the outcome of my interview and further training now

Email ??How come your college emailed you ? Oh today i just received a certificate from high fields saying i passed the Door Supervision course. G4S have given me the role just need to go training for it..
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 103
Original post by niyaz93
Email ??How come your college emailed you ? Oh today i just received a certificate from high fields saying i passed the Door Supervision course. G4S have given me the role just need to go training for it..

That's just what my college decided to do lol
Did you get an email stating you passed the interview? and how long did it take?
Reply 104
Original post by BexiG
That's just what my college decided to do lol
Did you get an email stating you passed the interview? and how long did it take?

The interview stage i passed long time ago, everyone is being processed different from what i can see, cause i was informed about passing my interview first then screening/vetting then came the sia course, now that sia are doing their checks, highfields told me i passed the training course and a week ago g4s let me know about my role and further training...
Reply 105
Are there actually any girls doing this? I dont want to be the odd one out.
Reply 106
Original post by .Missy

Yeah there are girls/ladies doing this too, in my training session there was..some advice dont be put down cause this is in the security sector, anyone fit and healthy can do this as they train you up you dont need to be built, big or anything, Hope this helps.
Reply 107
Original post by niyaz93
Yeah there are girls/ladies doing this too, in my training session there was..some advice dont be put down cause this is in the security sector, anyone fit and healthy can do this as they train you up you dont need to be built, big or anything, Hope this helps.

Reply 108
I'm a girl :biggrin:
Reply 109
Original post by BexiG
I'm a girl :biggrin:

Glad theres someone :smile: have you been to your interview yet? I'm nervous :/
Reply 110
yep i've done my training and had my interview nearly 4 weeks ago...it's really easy :smile:
Reply 111
Original post by .Missy

I'm a girl too! I'm also 5'1 and just under 50 kg. It's very ironic that this job is in security :tongue:
Reply 112
Original post by .Missy

My interview was easy..the whole process is a bit long though and there you go you aint the only girl as well..
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 113
Original post by Lintu93
I'm a girl too! I'm also 5'1 and just under 50 kg. It's very ironic that this job is in security :tongue:

Lool same.. Oh well its not about size.

Original post by niyaz93
My interview was easy..the whole process is a bit long though and there you go you aint the only girl as well..

What questions did they ask? Why's the process long. Got exams June time so you don't think this will be a distraction

Original post by BexiG
yep i've done my training and had my interview nearly 4 weeks ago...it's really easy :smile:

What kind of stuff did they ask in the interview? Is the smelling taste really difficult, worried about that. Plus I have very poor eye sight aswell :frown:
Reply 114
Original post by .Missy
Lool same.. Oh well its not about size.

What questions did they ask? Why's the process long. Got exams June time so you don't think this will be a distraction

What kind of stuff did they ask in the interview? Is the smelling taste really difficult, worried about that. Plus I have very poor eye sight aswell :frown:

Not really they ask u basic questions like explain when u received good customer service and what u think is good customer service, abit about g4s, general question and the vetting/screening can take up 12 week then training theres different slots so you can choose from that but u might want to keep in mind that the olympics is coming up around the corner so u might want to get the training asap but its not too mcuh to hold so nah i dont think itll get in the way. and yeah there is but if you got poor eye sight make sure u take glasses with you and its easy so it should not be any trouble.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 115
Original post by .Missy

If you have bad eye sight make sure you bring your glasses or contact lens...honestly it would be dumb to fail on a sight test when the rest of interview is so easy
The smell test is really easy too...mine was lemon juice, mint and water :smile:
Reply 116
Original post by niyaz93
Not really they ask u basic questions like explain when u received good customer service and what u think is good customer service, abit about g4s, general question and the vetting/screening can take up 12 week then training theres different slots so you can choose from that but u might want to keep in mind that the olympics is coming up around the corner so u might want to get the training asap but its not too mcuh to hold so nah i dont think itll get in the way. and yeah there is but if you got poor eye sight make sure u take glasses with you and its easy so it should not be any trouble.

Thanks :smile: My interviews next month, its going to be a bit tight trying to complete all the process.
Reply 117
Original post by BexiG
If you have bad eye sight make sure you bring your glasses or contact lens...honestly it would be dumb to fail on a sight test when the rest of interview is so easy
The smell test is really easy too...mine was lemon juice, mint and water :smile:

Ahh ok. Thanks :smile: and i thought it was going to be alcohol that's part of the smell test
Reply 118
I completed my interview about a month ago and my training starts the 2nd week of April.
Reply 119
Original post by .Missy
Thanks :smile: My interviews next month, its going to be a bit tight trying to complete all the process.

Yeah, put most of your focus on your studies as the training is important but requires less focus and goodluck :wink: ull do fine if i managed it am sure you can LOL

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending