Went up to Oxford today. So lovely, even in the rain. :coma:

I envy you! :mad2:
We should organise a group trip (and meet up) to Oxford in the summer :h:
Original post by Reminisce

Seconded -in fact, why don't we start planning it now? :woo: :awesome:

Original post by AnimalSpirit
I envy you! :mad2:

It was fun, even though I was only there for a couple of hours. But we all have three (or more) years there...:woo:

For like a day trip, or to stay a couple nights in college accommodation? .. Or perhaps both :smile: Sounds like a good idea.
(edited 11 years ago)
Agree with the meet idea. I plan to go up after exams anyway because there's a lush exhibition about the Qur'an at the Ashmolean; plus I'm just missing Oxford in general.

(Not a Saturday please!)
Frey I will reply to you at some point I'm not ignoring you :no:

I don't know if it would be worth it for me for only one day, as it's relatively expensive for me to get to Oxford and back (at least £100-150). If you make it a few days I may be persuaded however :sexface:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by medbh4805

I don't know if it would be worth it for me for only one day, as it's relatively expensive for me to get to Oxford and back (at least £100-150). If you make it a few days I may be persuaded however :sexface:

Who's coming with you in October, if anyone?
Original post by such_a_lady
Who's coming with you in October, if anyone?

erm....probably be going on my own *foreveralone* :emo:. I'm planning to head up to my friend in Liverpool for a week or so beforehand then head down to Oxford, and pay an agency to send my stuff over from NI. However my mother might surprise me at the last minute and want to come. But she hates travelling, especially on her own, so she wouldn't like the journey back....so I don't know really :dontknow: :beard:
Reply 1988
Original post by medbh4805

:cry: ok... sure:frown: :tongue:
Reply 1989
Original post by KingMessi
Went up to Oxford today. So lovely, even in the rain. :coma:

sounds like inspiration for another epic poem... :perv:
Original post by Frey
sounds like inspiration for another epic poem... :perv:

So long as I'm writing it this time...:pierre:
Reply 1991
Original post by KingMessi
So long as I'm writing it this time...:pierre:

co-write? :pierre:

That would be great! Before or after results day? If it's before results day I'll be a nervous wreck and feel sad that I probs haven't got in and if after results day, I'd come providing I got in (if not, I'd most likely skip out :tongue:). I went to Oxford 3 days ago and I get such mixed feeling whenever I'm there :s-smilie:
Original post by Frey
co-write? :pierre:

I co-write with no man...:holmes: :tongue:
2000 posts!
Original post by SecondHand
2000 posts!

Once upon a time this was no achievement :tongue: now, however...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by such_a_lady
Once upon a time this was no achievement :tongue: now, however...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

In the Applicants thread we'd do 2000 a week...:pierre: :tongue:
Glad that there's interest for the meet up :smile: Here's my thoughts...

It might be hard getting people to stay for multiple days due to different circumstances but I reckon even if people come and go on each day (say we stay for 3 days, people could come on first then leave, others come on second then leave, etc.) it would still be fine as long as there are people coming to join those who stayed the night (or if many people would be interested in staying a night, they could just carry on the next day :smile: ).

As for before or after results day, I would think after is better because then there'd be less tension and stress and it would be all the more enjoyable (even though the weather might be worse in August than July)

Just had a thought though, staying a night would be a good opportunity to explore the Oxford nightlife :biggrin:
Reply 1998
Just had a thought though, staying a night would be a good opportunity to explore the Oxford nightlife :biggrin:

Oxford nightlife minus all the undergrads will be very different to term-time Oxford nightlife (seeing as how student clubnights are pretty much all students). But have fun if you do come! :smile:
I very much like the idea of staying for a night, but where would one stay? I doubt that there'd be much chance of us staying in student accommodation...:erm: :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending