The Student Room Group

THE SERIOUS REAL AND ORIGINAL POLL FOR MAY 2012 EXAM (EDEXCEL IGCSE) paper 1 poll.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by gabriel 41
Section C writing question:

Write a letter to your local newspaper giving your ideas on how the local area can be improved for young people. You may choose to write about the following or any other point you have:

1. Environmental concerns.
2. Transport.
3. Educational facilities.
4. Leisure and sporting opportunities.

According to me, "young people" means 15 -27 year old people. But, my classmates say that is wrong and they say "young people" mean children and small teenagers. Which theory over here is right? And if the later is right, does that mean I'll lose many marks because the whole answer was based on my wrong thinking? I wrote the following points:

1. Improving the assessment of driving schools so young people drive more properly.
2. Encouraging religious and moral values so the local area because more secure and young people stop stabbing each other!
3. Encouraging car pooling or giving young people a free bicycle so they can reach their school/college easily and on time.
4. Encouraging foreign sports bodies, for example FIFA, to develop sports collges in my local area so that "young people" become professional footballers.
5.Encouraging disco clubs and circus
6. I don't remember what I wrote.

Are these points okay? Will I get a good mark? Or will my interpration of young people spoil it? I think the mark scheme allows a wide range of interprations isn't it? Please tell me quickly by posts or PM.

it doesnt say "any other point u hav" , it was 2 choose any of the following
Reply 81
Original post by tbkhan
hi, actualy in a way the r nt, bcoz edexcel always says of nt 2 rite any thing negative abut any country so i think so u r goin 2 lose ur marks over dere. in dat u dont hav 2 compare any thing, just to tell dat how successfully she is able 2 engage da reader ad particularly in wht way

But that's just her experiences! I wasn't criticizing Pakistan or anything! Emma Levine was and I just wrote her experiences and how she is able to make us understand it! Anyone else thinks I was wrong in what I did? I think that's not going to be a reason for losing marks because I never said anything abusive about Pakistan! Whatever I said was implied in the extract itself and I've also given my proof! Anyone else please tell me whether I was right or wrong?
Reply 82
Original post by tbkhan

No it also said you can write your own appropriate points, and it's not necessary to follow what they've given. Please try to remember the wording of the question. Can anyone else please confirm this? The exact wording was:

You can write about any appropriate ideas but could consider:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 83
Original post by tbkhan

Okay you've already given your views on my anthology questions, but how is my writing is it okay? :eek:
Okay you've already given your views on my anthology questions, but how is my writing is it okay? :eek:

How did you format the "letter". It is supposed to be for the local newspaper, so is only a underlines title and your name and address at the end necessary. I just wrote as if I was writing only the body of the letter. Do you know how many marks will I lose???
Reply 85
Original post by StUdEnTIGCSE
How did you format the "letter". It is supposed to be for the local newspaper, so is only a underlines title and your name and address at the end necessary. I just wrote as if I was writing only the body of the letter. Do you know how many marks will I lose???

About 3-5 marks, but again depends on your body, and if that's good you don't need to worry.
Reply 86
Section A sucked right? Stupid blizzard passage! The examiner was crazy to set such a thing!
Section A sucked right? Stupid blizzard passage! The examiner was crazy to set such a thing!

At least its better than the monkeys and chimpanzees!
Anyway do you think blizzard ends with a cliff hanger or not?
Original post by StUdEnTIGCSE
At least its better than the monkeys and chimpanzees!
Anyway do you think blizzard ends with a cliff hanger or not?

Chimpanzees are better. And yes it does end with a cliff hanger.
Original post by Relaxedexams
Chimpanzees are better. And yes it does end with a cliff hanger.

Chimpanzees were not better. Anyways what's the use...Blizzard surely was better for me...:eek:
Reply 90
Original post by Relaxedexams
I think it would probably be Africa or headless goat;hoping its Africa =]

What do you think it will be from section b on Tuesday ?:biggrin:
Reply 91
Original post by thetejmaster
Hello gabriel, student, and dhananjay
It is a real shame that only 16 ppl have voted, but never mind
As for on Friday, it is simple- it will be Chinese Cinderella,
Now, I cannot explain 2 u how, but u would be advised 2 take my words
However, a warning, I say it is highly likely 2 be chinese Cinderella , but that 4 me is 51% chance,the k
Next likely will be headless goat with 10%, and passage and explorers daughter with 10%
It is highly unlikely 2 be touching,beach safety,bps messing about, or climat change

What do you reckon out of section b will come up on Tuesday?
Original post by Emsss
What do you think it will be from section b on Tuesday ?:biggrin:

I think a poem is the most likely one. Out Out, Disabled and An Unknown Girl.
Personally, I think that 'An Unknown Girl' is the most likely one. However, I could be wrong, so study everything anyway :P
Original post by Emsss
What do you reckon out of section b will come up on Tuesday?

not doing paper 2. :wink: we do courseowrk

LOL :biggrin: I totally agree with you, it really sucked!
Reply 95
How did everyone find the exam? For section C, I wrote the addresses in wrong places. How many marks do you think I would lose?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending