The Student Room Group

Lush

I'm on a bit of a Lush kick at the moment, so I thought I'd make a thread about it as I couldn't find one... If there is one I shall let mine die :emo:

Anyway, what have you bought recently, what have you tried, what do you love or hate? Does the smell of the shop make you sneeze?

Scroll to see replies

The smell of the shop is just soooooo :sogood: I just usually go for their bath stuff been using the pink swirley bath bar lately it smells so good!
I have also been pretty curious about their other facial stuff that they do, might check it out next time I'm in Westfields :smile:
Reply 2
I used to work there until very recently so if there is anything you need to know, give me a shout!
Original post by peach.plum.pear
The smell of the shop is just soooooo :sogood: I just usually go for their bath stuff been using the pink swirley bath bar lately it smells so good!
I have also been pretty curious about their other facial stuff that they do, might check it out next time I'm in Westfields :smile:

Ahhh yes the Comforter :sexface:
The skincare range is AMAZING, for the quality it's so cheap, and nobody ever gets it because they buy the bath stuff. I'd recommend the ultrabalm cleanser, eau roma water toner and full of grace serum as a moisturiser. I've never felt mt face as soft as those three make it. I used to be obsessed with Gorgeous as well, but at nearly £40 a pop it just got too much :frown:

What other bath stuff do you like? The melts are amaaaze!
Original post by Lyde
I used to work there until very recently so if there is anything you need to know, give me a shout!

haha nice. I'd love to work there (told bf the other day I'd pack in my managerial office job for it), what was it like? I have I'm holding it up too high!
Reply 5
The people I worked with were amazing and I love the products so that was all good. You have to approach and speak to everyone, so there is no hiding, you have to be confident and ready for people not to want to talk to you! They have mystery shoppers every month and management are very keen on their branch getting a good score. Our branch won the customer service award this year, and all the staff got to see Wicked in the west end, stay over in a hotel and have a meal out, all paid for with travel included.

The discount is 50%, and whenever a new product/range comes out, you get the lot mailed to your house to try out (so at xmas, you get the entire xmas range!) Incentives are really good, if you hit target, you get 10% of that months wage extra when you get paid.

I loved working there, and was really sad to leave, but I started Uni and have three young kids, so I couldn't juggle everything. Have you seen the new Lush Times? The valentines stuff is really cool!
Reply 6
Original post by hannahhaworth
haha nice. I'd love to work there (told bf the other day I'd pack in my managerial office job for it), what was it like? I have I'm holding it up too high!

The people I worked with were amazing, and I love the products, so that was all good. You have to approach every person who comes into the shop, so you have to be confident and have a thick skin, as a lot of people may not want to talk to you!

The incentives are excellent, if you meet the month target, you get an extra 10% of your wage when you get paid that month. Staff discount is 50%, and each time a new product or range is brought out, you get it all to try out (so at xmas, you get the whole xmas range!)

There is also a mystery shopper every month, and management are very keen on getting a high score for their branch. My branch won the customer service award this year, and all the staff got to see Wicked in the west end, stay over in a hotel, have a meal out and have their travel paid for.

There is also a lot of extra training available on the products if you want it, and shifts tend to be very variable. My branch is in a Westfield, so on Thursdays and Fridays was open til 8 at night. A lot of staff work part time.

I was so sad to leave, but I started Uni, and I've got three young children so I just couldn't juggle everything. If you ever do apply, they take less notice of your CV and are more interested in your covering letter, where you are supposed to 'sell yourself'. Interviews are usually done in groups, and if you get a xmas temp job and do well, they usually keep quite a few people on afterwards.
I love the smell of the shop, it stays on my skin foreveeer :biggrin:.. the shampoo bars rule! :biggrin: also, perfect gifts for mums when you're not so sure what to buy them :wink:
The skincare range is AMAZING, for the quality it's so cheap, and nobody ever gets it because they buy the bath stuff. I'd recommend the ultrabalm cleanser, eau roma water toner and full of grace serum as a moisturiser. I've never felt mt face as soft as those three make it. I used to be obsessed with Gorgeous as well, but at nearly £40 a pop it just got too much :frown:

I agree! I am forever trying to convince people to try the skin care stuff but for some reason people automatically assume it will be no good and don't believe me when I tell them how brilliant it is? :s-smilie:

I love Angels on Bare Skin and the Tea Tree Water toner, and wouldn't use anything else now. I've tried quite a few of their skin care things and none of them have been bad, just some better than others - can't believe it isn't more popular, it's weird.

I love Lush in general, it's such a fun business to buy from. :biggrin:
Original post by Lyde
The people I worked with were amazing, and I love the products, so that was all good. You have to approach every person who comes into the shop, so you have to be confident and have a thick skin, as a lot of people may not want to talk to you!

The incentives are excellent, if you meet the month target, you get an extra 10% of your wage when you get paid that month. Staff discount is 50%, and each time a new product or range is brought out, you get it all to try out (so at xmas, you get the whole xmas range!)

There is also a mystery shopper every month, and management are very keen on getting a high score for their branch. My branch won the customer service award this year, and all the staff got to see Wicked in the west end, stay over in a hotel, have a meal out and have their travel paid for.

There is also a lot of extra training available on the products if you want it, and shifts tend to be very variable. My branch is in a Westfield, so on Thursdays and Fridays was open til 8 at night. A lot of staff work part time.

I was so sad to leave, but I started Uni, and I've got three young children so I just couldn't juggle everything. If you ever do apply, they take less notice of your CV and are more interested in your covering letter, where you are supposed to 'sell yourself'. Interviews are usually done in groups, and if you get a xmas temp job and do well, they usually keep quite a few people on afterwards.

I wasn't wrong; that sounds so fun! Were there any negatives?
Mask of Magnaminty is my favourite face mask ever. I like the bath bombs and bubble bars, too, but I always go back to MoM. It makes my skin feel so clean and amazing :smile:

Snow Fairy shower gel is my other favourite. The smell is gorgeous.
Their foundation was like god lol omg nothing worked on my skin until i bought one from lush !my skin feels amazing LOVE IT .
Reply 12
They cancelled the hexagon honey massage bar.. :cry2:
Reply 13
I wasn't wrong; that sounds so fun! Were there any negatives?

The only downsides I can think of are that the monthly stocktake could be a pita, and sometimes (as in all jobs) you could get the odd trying person :rolleyes: coming into the shop, but other than that, i enjoyed my time there. It pays minimum wage, but you can increase that with reaching target, and obviously the incentives are very good if you love the products!

You do have to be very happy and lively, as you are on the shopfloor pretty much all the time. I used to do the Wednesday delivery and loved it, but mostly you would be out on 'show' with the customers.

awww yeah thats the name! I had a bath with that like after a hard day of just writing assignments it was sooo omg :sexface: i finished my creamy candy a little while ago so i deffo need to pop back and stock up! i bought my sister a whole bunch of bath stuff from there for xmas, the cupboard i hid her present in smelt amaziiiiiing :O ive been having a browse on their website ever since i saw this thread and im just like making a list of everything i need to check out next time i go haha :tongue:
Reply 15
Original post by SarahP~
They cancelled the hexagon honey massage bar.. :cry2:

They have bought out the friends with benefits massage bar, and a new love potion massage bar for valentines.

I was gutted when they discontinued the almond and coconut smoothie shower soap. I had a right grump on at work that day!
Reply 16
Original post by Whatever9999
Their foundation was like god lol omg nothing worked on my skin until i bought one from lush !my skin feels amazing LOVE IT .

Oh I desperately want to tell you about a new range they are bringing out, but I can't! Dammit! Kepp your eyes peeled though if you like the idea of Lush doing foundation makeup :wink:
I do love Lush, but I haven't bought anything recently as they rejected me for a Christmas temp job, I'm still feeling bitter! :P
Reply 18
Original post by peach.plum.pear
awww yeah thats the name! I had a bath with that like after a hard day of just writing assignments it was sooo omg :sexface: i finished my creamy candy a little while ago so i deffo need to pop back and stock up! i bought my sister a whole bunch of bath stuff from there for xmas, the cupboard i hid her present in smelt amaziiiiiing :O ive been having a browse on their website ever since i saw this thread and im just like making a list of everything i need to check out next time i go haha :tongue:

We always wanted them to bring out a comforter fragrance with the other gorilla perfumes. E-mail them loads because the more people ask for things/new products the more likely they are to develop them :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by remiquaver
I do love Lush, but I haven't bought anything recently as they rejected me for a Christmas temp job, I'm still feeling bitter! :P

Try again next year, I know they have ridiculous amounts of applicants each xmas, so its no reflection on you, I promise :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest