The Student Room Group

St Dominics Sixth form College in harrow

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rakinsayed
What transition session are most of you guys attending and is anyone thinking of taking a language?

I'm going to the one on the 3rd July because my exams finish later than most people, the 24th! I'm not doing a language but planning to do maths, economics, physics and art.
Reply 381
Original post by iamdoingmygcses
I'm going to the one on the 3rd July because my exams finish later than most people, the 24th! I'm not doing a language but planning to do maths, economics, physics and art.

Statistics ugh! Just what you need to end your GCSEs exam with.
Original post by Farhan96
Statistics ugh! Just what you need to end your GCSEs exam with.

Hahaha it's not too bad though!!
Reply 383
Hahaha it's not too bad though!!

I'm not going to start revision for it until the week before it.
I'm not going to start revision for it until the week before it.

Same, the one before that is on the 19th - history so I have pretty much a week to revise stats. my controlled assessment went well so I don't have to worry as much about the exam!
Reply 385
Same, the one before that is on the 19th - history so I have pretty much a week to revise stats. my controlled assessment went well so I don't have to worry as much about the exam!

I have 10 days LOOL
I have 10 days LOOL

Alright for some! :smile:
Reply 387

Are you doing Law Protest and Order in the Twentieth Century, Edexcel Schools History Project, Unit 3B?

Sorry for the long name!
Original post by Dylann
Are you doing Law Protest and Order in the Twentieth Century, Edexcel Schools History Project, Unit 3B?

Sorry for the long name!

I'm doing edexcel also but unit 3B: the transformation of British society from 1931-1951!
Reply 389
So these are the people who have got accepted so far (but not necessarily 100% sure if they're going)

So far it's:

Dylann (myself)
Student_Football (unsure if this user is already at St Doms)
Farhan96
NDM.
mic_3_3
sml96
Mizukage
iamdoingmygcses
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Dylann
So these are the people who have got accepted so far (but not necessarily 100% sure if they're going)

So far it's:

Dylann (myself)
Farhan96
NDM.
mic_3_3
sml96
Mizukage
Rakinsayed

I am probably going as well :smile:
Original post by Dylann

So far it's:

Dylann (myself)
Farhan96
NDM.
mic_3_3
sml96
Mizukage
Rakinsayed

yep, if I get the grades I would choose it over my other option:smile:
Reply 392
I am probably going as well :smile:

If you stay on TSR while in sixth form you may have to find a way to change your username...haha
Original post by Dylann
If you stay on TSR while in sixth form you may have to find a way to change your username...haha

Hahaha yes definitely wasn't the best username to choose!! Might have to create a new account!
Reply 394
Hahaha yes definitely wasn't the best username to choose!! Might have to create a new account!

You have a reasonably low post count so I'd say do that :biggrin:
Reply 395
Original post by Mizukage
I'll be attending the one on the 19th of June. I'm planning on doing French AS

French AS is good but the current teacher is clueless and doesn't help at all. If you're not amazing at French or actually French then dont take it cause the teacher is crap.
Reply 396
How are the maths and science teachers like?

There are a few teachers who some people have said are rubbish. For example this Physics teacher who also teaches Chem. People have said she's rubbish cause she doesn't know the content and she has an accent. But personally my teachers are pretty good. They have their good and bad points obvv. One of my chemistry teachers is the nicest person ever but he's missed quite a few lessons which meant he had to rush through everything whenever he was there.

Even if you have a teacher that you don't get on with, you could always go to a workshop run by a teacher you do like and ask questions there or something.

hope this helps.
Reply 397
Original post by uchikchi
There are a few teachers who some people have said are rubbish. For example this Physics teacher who also teaches Chem. People have said she's rubbish cause she doesn't know the content and she has an accent. But personally my teachers are pretty good. They have their good and bad points obvv. One of my chemistry teachers is the nicest person ever but he's missed quite a few lessons which meant he had to rush through everything whenever he was there.

Even if you have a teacher that you don't get on with, you could always go to a workshop run by a teacher you do like and ask questions there or something.

hope this helps.

What would you say is the best and worst things about St Doms as a whole?
Reply 398
Original post by Mizukage
i got a conditional offer and was invited to the transition sessions. i'll be attending the one on 19th june because it's after my exams. anyone know what kind of stuff happens during this session? is it an interview or something?

Hi, if I remember correctly, you go to talk to all the departments for the subjects you're taking. I think they run 5 minute interviews with you for each subject- no need for preparation and they give you a little homework to ease you into A levels. That's pretty much it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 399
Original post by Minz
Hi, if I remember correctly, you go to talk to all the departments for the subjects you're taking. I think they run 5 minute interviews with you for each subject- no need for preparation and they give you a little homework to ease you into A levels. That's pretty much it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

(You forgot my question!)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending