The Student Room Group

St Dominics Sixth form College in harrow

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by HassanAD
What is the workshop actually for? I have it on Monday and I plan on changing 3 of my subjects. Explain whats going to happen please?

To be honest I don't actually know :confused: my friend got a work shop on Monday too, and I thought it may have to do with the subjects you've applied for,
Reply 121
Original post by Monkeys!
To be honest I don't actually know :confused: my friend got a work shop on Monday too, and I thought it may have to do with the subjects you've applied for,

I wonder if its just a one on one or you're with a group of people. If it's a one on one session then it will seem like an interview I think.
Reply 122
I wonder if its just a one on one or you're with a group of people. If it's a one on one session then it will seem like an interview I think.

Hmm, maybe. If you don't mind me asking, what subjects did you apply for? And I wish you the best of luck with the workshop, hope it goes well, :biggrin:
Reply 123
Hmm, maybe. If you don't mind me asking, what subjects did you apply for? And I wish you the best of luck with the workshop, hope it goes well, :biggrin:

I applied for maths, physics, history and music, wbu? And thanks, you too :smile:
Reply 124
I applied for maths, physics, history and music, wbu? And thanks, you too :smile:

Ohhh, awesome! I applied for maths, chemistry, biology and philosophy :smile: Thank you :biggrin:
Is St Doms your first choice?
(edited 12 years ago)
Hey im appling for st doms. Im ogersea but will live in harrow afterwards ive got 3 a*s and 3 a s ane q1 B as predicted but im a muslim so is it possible for me to get in.
And what is the fees
Reply 126
For those who got a workshop, what subjects did you apply for?

i applied for sciences and maths but am planning to change one to pshycology ..i do think it has something to do with our subject choices

theres probably a lot of people who applied for such subjects and so they couldnt all be interviewed...i think

well, good luck on monday!! :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 127
Original post by maliksajwani
Hey im appling for st doms. Im ogersea but will live in harrow afterwards ive got 3 a*s and 3 a s ane q1 B as predicted but im a muslim so is it possible for me to get in.
And what is the fees

Hey, I'm a Muslim, and I'm a second year in St.Doms. Being a Muslim has no bearing whether you get into St.Doms or not! There's plenty of Muslims in St.Doms so don't think you don't have a chance. Of course you do.
Reply 128
Original post by Rosine
i applied for sciences and maths but am planning to change one to pshycology ..i do think it has something to do with our subject choices

theres probably a lot of people who applied for such subjects and so they couldnt all be interviewed...i think

Ohhh awesome! Same, i think so too, but good luck, hope it goes well :biggrin:! And thank youu:smile:
Reply 129
Original post by Zazza
Hey, I'm a Muslim, and I'm a second year in St.Doms. Being a Muslim has no bearing whether you get into St.Doms or not! There's plenty of Muslims in St.Doms so don't think you don't have a chance. Of course you do.

Do you like it at St Doms?
What is the workshop actually for? I have it on Monday and I plan on changing 3 of my subjects. Explain whats going to happen please?

Please can u specify what predicted grades did u got cuz I am also applying for st Dominicd.
Original post by Rosine

Please can u specify what predicted grades did u got cuz I am also applying for st Dominics
Reply 132
Please can u specify what predicted grades did u got cuz I am also applying for st Dominics

mostly A's and a B in French ... i've heard that its impossible to get it in without predicted A*.
but whats the harm in trying right =P ...

what bout you???:smile:
Original post by Rosine
mostly A's and a B in French ... i've heard that its impossible to get it in without predicted A*.
but whats the harm in trying right =P ...

what bout you???:smile:

I have 2 A* s and 4 A and one B and I already have 3 A s . So what do u think will I get in?
Original post by kingtaco
Maths, f maths, economics and physics :smile: Might be in your maths class

Hey I'm applying to and same subjects that u applied for. Can u tell me what predicted grades u had and any useful tip? Thanks
Reply 135
I have 2 A* s and 4 A and one B and I already have 3 A s . So what do u think will I get in?

yep.. you have a really good chance :smile:..according to me

good luck!!
Original post by Rosine
yep.. you have a really good chance :smile:..according to me

good luck!!

Reply 137
So I went to the workshop today and they explained what it's about, so are the first people who got called in for the workshop will be the ones they contact first?
Reply 138
Hey I'm applying to and same subjects that u applied for. Can u tell me what predicted grades u had and any useful tip? Thanks

Well in your interview just show passion for: the subjects you're taking; your future career plans; and why you want to go to St Doms. Ha good luck :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
How much days does it take for an interview call.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending