The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff University September 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
This Cardiff section is a bit dead! Maybe it's because the city is so awesome, that everyone is always up to something? :biggrin: Yeah that must be it! :captain:
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 141
Original post by Plutonium
Senghennydd Court is my first choice too :smile: Astrophysics!

This is really nice!:smile:Have you visited it?
Reply 142
Original post by Miracle Day
Well, for a start you'd both use TSR :smile:

:doctor::aetsch:
For anyone that has firmed Cardiff -> https://www.facebook.com/CardiffUniversityFreshers2012 :smile: (not made by me)

Yes you can apply for accommodation now! So keep checking and get it done :smile:

Yeah I did it ages ago. The moment I got the email actually :smile:
Reply 144
Original post by mar0ulihp
This is really nice!:smile:Have you visited it?

Yesss! :smile: I went on an open/visit day/interview in december (or november :P)
I love it! You?
Reply 145
Yesss! :smile: I went on an open/visit day/interview in december (or november :P)
I love it! You?

No I was invited for an open/visit day/interview but I couldn't make it but I got the offer nontheless!That's great!Do you have any pics or something which you could email me?:smile::smile:
I've got an offer for pharmacy and chemistry at Cardiff s if I don't get 2As for pharmacy, I can still get 3Bs for chemistry :biggrin:

Where has everyone applied for accomodation?
Reply 147
Original post by thelooby94
I've got an offer for pharmacy and chemistry at Cardiff s if I don't get 2As for pharmacy, I can still get 3Bs for chemistry :biggrin:

Where has everyone applied for accomodation?

Hey :smile: I've firmed Cardiff for Pharmacy too! So worried about the grades, but hopefully I'll get them :s-smilie:
I've put Taly South as my 1st choice for accommodation, then Taly North, then Court and I can't remember the rest lol xxx
I've firmed too for pharmacy and taly south, they made us pick pretty much all the accomodation though :s-smilie:

Fingers crossed things don't go bad this month
Reply 149
Original post by meremortals
I've firmed too for pharmacy and taly south, they made us pick pretty much all the accomodation though :s-smilie:

Fingers crossed things don't go bad this month

Yeah.. 10 choices at least?! What the hell! If I get my 10th choice I will not be happy! lol

Aw hopefully it'll all go well :s-smilie: good luck with your exams! Might see you in September :biggrin:
politics/economics anyone?
Hey! :smile: Firmed Intergrated Engineering at Cardiff and first choice accomodation is Senghennydd Court! Sooo excited just hoping to get the grades!
Original post by karlie01
Hey :smile: I've firmed Cardiff for Pharmacy too! So worried about the grades, but hopefully I'll get them :s-smilie:
I've put Taly South as my 1st choice for accommodation, then Taly North, then Court and I can't remember the rest lol xxx

See you in september then hopefully! I put taly south, then north, then south plus lol

I'm jsut worried about A in chem but hopefully should be ok xx
Reply 153
No I was invited for an open/visit day/interview but I couldn't make it but I got the offer nontheless!That's great!Do you have any pics or something which you could email me?:smile::smile:

I actually do. What sort of things do you want pictures of? :smile:
Reply 154
I actually do. What sort of things do you want pictures of? :smile:

Lol!I don't know!I've never been there so I guess everything could be useful!:smile::biggrin:
I've put Senghenydd court as my first, but I'm wondering whether to change it to Taly North? hmmm... it's like 2 miles out though
I want to do Law in Cardiff and I intend to apply later this year.

The requirements are AAA.

My subjects are English Literature, Sociology, Psychology and History.

I'm definitely dropping Literature after yesterday's exam.

If I got a D, would they give me an AAA offer on the other 3 subjects? Because I know Lit is important for Law.

If I got a D, would they give me an AAA offer on the other 3 subjects? Because I know Lit is important for Law.

Yes, I don't see why not. If you can get an A at A-level history they aren't going to be too fussed about you dropping English literature.
Reply 158
Lol!I don't know!I've never been there so I guess everything could be useful!:smile::biggrin:

Okay, well I have attempted to attach some photos of Senghennydd Court, Cardiff Bay and The Physics/various other subjects building. I haven't got any pictures of actual rooms, mainly just buildings. I only went for a quick visit when I remembered to take photos, I forgot to take any on the visit day haha :smile:
SAM_1713.jpgSAM_1726.jpgSAM_1743.jpgSAM_1745.jpgSAM_1748.jpgSAM_1747.jpgSAM_1753.jpg
(edited 11 years ago)

I would assume they'll take into consideration your predicted grades in the other subjects etc. They probably wouldn't hold it against you too much. Why not consider carrying it on and resitting the exam in January? Universities cannot see your AS grade if you're doing a subject for A2 as far as I'm aware (this is what I was told by the person handling the UCAS stuff at my school).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending