The Student Room Group

What do you think of girls who dress up to university lectures

bright red lipsticks etc....How do you dress to university lectures?

Scroll to see replies

Pointless? Nothing makes that nap during the lecture more comfortable than hoodie and jeans
Reply 2
the time spent trowling on the make up and matching items from their wardrobe would be better spent doing work, or alternatively sleeping.
Reply 3
I prefered to sleep longer than faff around every morning with hair/smart clothes...etc. I used to wear a bit of makeup, but I would rather wait for the evening to get more dressed up.
Couldn't care less tbh.
Bright red lipstick is awesome though? Shouldn't matter what other people think, it's epic. Very 50's. :yep: I'd say that's a very good thing, I love the 50's.
(edited 7 years ago)
:sexface: is the expression
Reply 7
Why bother? You'll be sending all the wrong signals to people anyway, unless your sole reason of going to uni is to get knocked up every night.
Reply 8
Define 'dress up'?

I tend to dress reasonably well, although I do not 'dress up'.
My everyday routine after I have a shower is to put a bit of makeup on, and I always wear nice clothes, everyone knows I'm that sort of person. I wouldn't dress down on purpose to go to a lecture just because some people might think I'm 'insecure'. I don't own a pair of jeans, or a hoodie or trainers, its just not my style.
I'm not at university yet, but I don't think I'd judge. Personally I enjoy being dressed well whether or not other people are around. I don't mean caking on the make up, but dressed smartly/chic as that's how I feel most comfortable. It doesn't take that much extra time and if someone feels comfortable dolled up or in jeans and a hoodie I really don't care.
I think they've got a lot of time in the morning :smile:
If people want to put the effort in why not...its ridiculous some of the comments under this..pure jealously most definetly..what is it to you if someone cares about their appearence!!
Original post by Chaofan88
I'm not at university yet, but I don't think I'd judge. Personally I enjoy being dressed well whether or not other people are around. I don't mean caking on the make up, but dressed smartly/chic as that's how I feel most comfortable. It doesn't take that much extra time and if someone feels comfortable dolled up or in jeans and a hoodie I really don't care.

agree completely!:redface:
Bitches are obviously jelly.
Reply 15
Original post by miss_sexy

It's up to them

Personally I think it's nice that people like to express themselves like that

It's variety and it beats everyone looking the same
Original post by janet9
Girls who 'dress-up' for lectures are breaching the borderline of insecurity. I understand some people neaten/groom themselves so they don't look totally pathetic/wasted, but to go the extra mile and slag yourself up should make a person really question themselves about what they're going to a lecture for, but more importantly so, who cares? It's kinda like being able to identify milfs, but a dozen few years earlier or so.

Either a jelly uggo or whiteknight beta.

My money is on uggo.
Original post by missrosiex
If people want to put the effort in why not...its ridiculous some of the comments under this..pure jealously most definetly..what is it to you if someone cares about their appearence!!

exactly.

In first year one of my flatmates was this little orange midget from Doncaster, a proper slut really. She used to wear the same stuff to go out to a bar as to go to uni. When we had snow, she didn't have any flat shoes other than pumps and so had to get a taxi 300 metres to uni in her platforms!

Proper crazy her, she used to walk half a mile to tescos in her PJs
Surely the worst it can do is make the world seam easier on dewy eyes :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest