The Student Room Group

Applying for 2nd year Student Finance Parents Help

Last year when I applied for student finance the first time around my parents supported my application in my same application form... So as far as I can remember they didn't make their own accounts or anything, it was all done on my individual application and they filled out all of their financial information on my account. However this year we selected for them to support my application on a seperate form after I've sent mine or something. So I proceeded with my application and submitted it and now it says they're waiting for my parents financial information and I should tell them to 'log on'. But when I use their customer reference number to try and log on it says I have to enter the password they were 'sent by student finance england' ... But neither of them have recieved any e-mails from student finance at all.

I'm really confused, because they were a part of my application last year do they have to create their own individual account this year? Or do I carry on waiting for SFE to eventually e-mail/post them a password to log on and fill in their financial information?

Sorry if I didn't word this very well or if it's not very clear... To be honest I'm finding this really confusing! Thanks in advance for any help. :smile:
Reply 1
argh i have this exact same problem although my parents filled out paper forms and not online! they don't have online accounts either.
and i thought there would be an option for 'offline', like request paper forms or something.
seems like they don't think about having really old parents that don't understand all these forms.
and i HATE how you can't go back a step to change options....

GAH. i'm stressing myself out about but have asked on twitter... :eek:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending