The Student Room Group

Too Much Stress!!!!

hey all.

ok here what it is. im off now for a week for half term and have to revise for 2 maths and 2 sicence modules coming up in two weeks time (they are two days apart aswell :rolleyes: ). i also have english coursework to do over the break!

we start back on the 27th, and i will not be in school untill the 1st of march as i have to go away for a few days. that means i miss two days of revision classes - which i really need.

also, i have a drama play coming up, which my group of 6 have to do a scripted piece lasting 30 mins, which we have only started the first 2 scenes!! the performance is on the 21st and is worth 10% of my gcse drama :eek:

then on top of that, our school has the peace assembly on the 28th (i think) which i also have to learn a drama piece for AND a new piano piece, which i just herd today for the first and time and i dont think i will get it learnt in 4 weeks!!

and i forgot to get my history homework for over the break which means i have more to do when i get back :frown:

I have a music presentation to do, 4 PSE past papers, and an RE essay!!

its just all coming at once!!!

how do u cope with all your stress???
Reply 1
poor you. I was feeling like this a while ago when i had cousework/homework/tests coming out of my ears besides working full days every day at weekend and holidays, and looking after my three horses and doing DOE and trying to fit my friends in. It honestly feels like there is not enough hours in the day!
I worked out a timetable of everything I had to do in terms of commitments and I realised that the only way to fit things in was to come home from school/work/stables and just put 100% effort into the school stuff. I did lose sleep over it but to be honest it was the only way that I would ever get everything done.
With you I would suggest that you do the same if you are really dedicated. You don't seem to have too much to do apart from the work and if you put all your effort in during half term (meaning you may have to compensate your social life, me time etc) you should easily get everything done.
As well make a list of everything that needs doing starting with the most important and tick them off as you go along. This will feel good as you see the list decrease.
With regards to the drama and music, perhaps practice for an hour a day. I'm not too hot on the requirements of these subjects so sorry if this bit is wrong.

If you want any more help or advice feel free to pm me.
It's very easy to feel overwhelmed when you have so much to do at once, but if you organise yourself and don't leave it all to the last minute, you should get it all done. As the above poster said, try making a list of all the things you have to do and prioritise them. I'd say the most important things are your maths and science modules because they contribute towards your final GCSE grades and are coming up soon. Then English coursework, which again goes towards your grade. Then drama, which contributes to your grade but you have a while yet, whereas I'm assuming your English coursework is due in when you go back. Then the stuff for the assembly, which isn't as important because it's not GCSE work. Finally the PSE past papers, RE essay, music presentation and history homework because although you'll have to do them at some point, they don't need to be done urgently. Try breaking each of those things down into smaller, more manageable chunks and ticking them off as you go.
Hiya,
I know exactly what you mean... I've been in that sort of situation sooo many times!

As Kellywood mentioned, make a list and prioritise. You could easily do it by deadline, but a friend also taught me to ask myself: 'Will I care about how I did in this in 6 months/a years time?' So maybe work that counts towards your GCSEs is more important than work your teacher will just moan to you about. Just try to keep your perspective... it's not nice to have teachers complaining or to not be 100% confident about your performance, but in 6 months you'll have forgotten about that, you'll only care about things that will affect you for a long time, things that will really matter.

Write a timetable for the week, with targets for each morning/afternoon/evening. Split up the English, past papers etc. with your drama and music practise. Rather than going for perfection, head for a pretty good attempt at everything. Get the work done quickly, and you can come back to refine it if you have time later. Oh, and go out with friends at least a couple times this week! :smile: This is your life, and you'll be so much more motivated if you have something to look forward to.
Reply 4
mikeski
hey all.

ok here what it is. im off now for a week for half term and have to revise for 2 maths and 2 sicence modules coming up in two weeks time (they are two days apart aswell :rolleyes: ). i also have english coursework to do over the break!

we start back on the 27th, and i will not be in school untill the 1st of march as i have to go away for a few days. that means i miss two days of revision classes - which i really need.

also, i have a drama play coming up, which my group of 6 have to do a scripted piece lasting 30 mins, which we have only started the first 2 scenes!! the performance is on the 21st and is worth 10% of my gcse drama :eek:

then on top of that, our school has the peace assembly on the 28th (i think) which i also have to learn a drama piece for AND a new piano piece, which i just herd today for the first and time and i dont think i will get it learnt in 4 weeks!!

and i forgot to get my history homework for over the break which means i have more to do when i get back :frown:

I have a music presentation to do, 4 PSE past papers, and an RE essay!!

its just all coming at once!!!

how do u cope with all your stress???

try 2 organise ur self in a to do list

good luck & tc

Latest

Trending

Trending