The Student Room Group

BTEC Extended Diploma in Applied Science Level 3

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by YummyDietician
The only reason why I'm doing a foundation is because I didn't do well in my a levels and I didn't want to finish my btec as I wasn't learning anything...

The best thing to do is to call the unis that you want to go to and ask them about the requirements... Because even if you somehow get onto the foundation year, it would be a waste of one year and money as you would be doing basically the whole 2 years of btec and a level all over again in one year ( that's what a foundation year is)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh Okay :smile: Thanks a lot for the info
Reply 81
Original post by zainahmed72
Just to let you know there is a book which you can purchase costs around £20. The whole course is structured around that book. Any thing of any unit you study will be in there. It's like the answer book for btec. It shows you want units you are doing. If you want let me know I'll send you a link for that specific edexel book.

Hey :smile: can you please private message me the link
Reply 82
Just to let you know there is a book which you can purchase costs around £20. The whole course is structured around that book. Any thing of any unit you study will be in there. It's like the answer book for btec. It shows you want units you are doing. If you want let me know I'll send you a link for that specific edexel book.

Hey :smile:

Could you please message me the link please? Thank you!! :biggrin:
Reply 83
Any of you that have quoted me on this, PM me. I've scanned some of the units in so I can email them to you. Which would save you buying the book. Also if you do want to buy it then you can get it from water stones, type in 'btec level 3 applied science' in the search function of there website.
Hi
Anybody doing/done biomedical science at university with a lvl 3 btec extended diploma in applied science
Just want to know how difficult you found it
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 85

Can you please private message me the link
What is the difference between A-level applied science and BTEC applied science
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi
Is it just me or do people not really learn anything in the BTEC LVL 3 Extended Diploma In Applied Science
I chose applied science over A-levels as I tried finding the easy route and now I feel bad because I haven't really learnt anything.
Im going to apply for mechanical engineering foundation year this year and I just want to hear how well other people who did applied science and a engineering degree did
Thanks
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 88
Hey guys I really need help I want to take radiography in 2015 and I have been offered a chance to take btec level 3 applied science extended diploma but this means I will have to drop my only a level subject of history.. Is it worth me dropping history will the uni's accept all Btec

Btw I have been on ucas website but the entry requirements are so vague. For example for Leeds uni it just says along with this extended diploma in science you will need other subjects.

http://search.ucas.com/course/entryrequirements/65857/radiography?Query=Radiography&Vac=1&AvailableIn=2014&page=1&providerids=1421&ret=results#coursedetailsmenu

That's the link to the entry requirements for this course at leeds uni!

So all I want to know is is it worth me dropping history a level and taking btec level 3 extended diploma in applied science?? The other subject I will be studying will be btec level 3 cert IT software development!

I have until Friday to change my subjects all help is needed thank you so much for reading this and helping in advance!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 89
:smile::smile::smile:
Original post by BMWM5
Any of you that have quoted me on this, PM me. I've scanned some of the units in so I can email them to you. Which would save you buying the book. Also if you do want to buy it then you can get it from water stones, type in 'btec level 3 applied science' in the search function of there website.

:smile::smile::smile::smile: :smile:plz it wud be nyc
Reply 90
i am doing b tech sci pycolgy sociolgy urdu arabic alevels can i become a speech therapist and do the task for b tech sci have to be v detailed and done on a computer
Original post by Parmis021
Hi, for those people who had done btec science level 3, can you tell me in how many day a week do you study btec science and how many hours each lesson?? thanks, please reply as soon as possible

My friend is on her second year of this course, and I started it two weeks ago. We both have 9 lessons of this a week. 4 chem, 3 bio and 2 phy. Our lessons are 1hr10mins long.
Reply 92
i am starting to study BTEC level 2 Applied science in this year . i dont know how can i do assigment but i wanna to get D .I am new to to college and teacheing methods as well ,.
Reply 93
Original post by LittleMizzSunshine
hey what is the difference between a distinction and distinction*and can you go on and study pharmacy at uni and if yeah what unis cuz i cant seem to fine any. Thanks in advances :smile:)

UCLAN
Reply 94
Hi can you send me your link please.
Thanks
Reply 95
Original post by Anon5555
Hey guys I really need help I want to take radiography in 2015 and I have been offered a chance to take btec level 3 applied science extended diploma but this means I will have to drop my only a level subject of history.. Is it worth me dropping history will the uni's accept all Btec

Btw I have been on ucas website but the entry requirements are so vague. For example for Leeds uni it just says along with this extended diploma in science you will need other subjects.

http://search.ucas.com/course/entryrequirements/65857/radiography?Query=Radiography&Vac=1&AvailableIn=2014&page=1&providerids=1421&ret=results#coursedetailsmenu

That's the link to the entry requirements for this course at leeds uni!

So all I want to know is is it worth me dropping history a level and taking btec level 3 extended diploma in applied science?? The other subject I will be studying will be btec level 3 cert IT software development!

I have until Friday to change my subjects all help is needed thank you so much for reading this and helping in advance!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://medhealth.leeds.ac.uk/coursefinder/21226/BSc_Radiography?categoryID=1100

Looks like you will be able to as long as you have a high content of science in the course (which is a given really) and as long as you get the actual grades.

In the future look on ucas for the course, find a uni you like the sound of on ucas, then go directly to the uni website, and that will give you a better idea of what they're asking for.

believe it or not, ucas used to be worse :L
Reply 96
My another question is that if you fail 2 years of AS levels but on the third year you do BTEC will universities accept that?! URGENT!!!! thanks!!
Original post by Parmis021
My another question is that if you fail 2 years of AS levels but on the third year you do BTEC will universities accept that?! URGENT!!!! thanks!!

It's hard to say but it all depends on the Uni tbh. However if you get Distinction* and do really well in any other AS/A levels then maybe yeah
Reply 98
for unit 3 what experiment did you pick??
Posted from TSR Mobile
hey i m doing btec level 3 sport, i dont understand how to link the assignment task to the criteria - any tips/ i m on assignment 1.2 :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending