The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HazukashiiNerd ^_^
You don't say how old you are but you shouldn't be too harshly punished if you are under 16 and I highly doubt if they will put you in handcuffs again
in an Islamic State, the OP would quite obviously be spared the humiliation of handcuffs (no point in putting handcuffs on one hand only, right ?)

there we are: yet another little=known advantage of Shariah for the UK
I'm very disappointed in the outcome
Reply 242
I work for Argos, and if you have ever been in one of they stores, you know everything is pretty much kept back in the warehouse area. Yet our store has already lost approximately £9000 from shoplifters, the only items on the shop floor are the small items such as batteries, toys, lamps, watches etc.

Anyone who thinks it is acceptable to steal from a shop because "they don't want to give money to multimillion companies" as the OP stated deserves everything the law throws at them and more.
Original post by Bill_Gates
Great stuff. The system works.

Boots have a 2 for 3 offer how cheap are you?!

Maybe you're the stupid one... *3 for 2* :wink:
Reply 244
This is actually typical behavior of the british psyche. "if i want something, i'll have it" with not a care as to who your decision affects. This behavior is actually encouraged in UK as the society has fallen into disrepair. The crime in the UK and england in particular is ridiculous. Morals have been thrown away. I predict an absolute collapse of the union in 20 years.
Reply 245
Reacting mostly to the posts I read on the first page. Sometimes a person can feel an inclination towards stealing (it's something that I've experienced myself). I wouldn't recommend to act on it of course, but it's not so simple to condemn a person and declare that they made a free choice to steal an item when you do not have the requisite information make that kind of assessment. Being as we can agree that certain kleptomanic inclinations exist, it's reasonable to extend the proposition that the strength of these inclinations varies from person to person.

If it is the case that a person attempts to steal because their inclination to do so is stronger than their will power to prevent it, and if it is also the case that people do not freely choose the strength of their inclination to steal nor the degree of will power they are generally able to exert over themselves, then it is natural to conclude that people holding this inclination not be unduly punished for faults which were not theirs to decide but instead advised peaceably or rehabilitated.

It does nobody any justice to condemn a a person with off-the-cuff superiority when a more careful examination of the factors would not allow it.
Someone bumped this today so I'll post my rage! Can we get a petition going to OPs Mum so we can hear how the meeting with the police went!? Also if it's troll then at least we will have some clarification rather than leaving me hanging on a cliff knowing that OP may or may not have a great story to finish telling.
Reply 247
Cool story bro......
OP's probably unable to type because she's still handcuffed.
I really don't understand why people steal, I understand that you may not have enough money for something but why would you go and steal something? People support themselves by selling the things you're stealing. It just wouldn't even cross my mind to steal something, but I suppose it depends how you were brought up.
Original post by Sharri5
This is actually typical behavior of the british psyche. "if i want something, i'll have it" with not a care as to who your decision affects. This behavior is actually encouraged in UK as the society has fallen into disrepair. The crime in the UK and england in particular is ridiculous. Morals have been thrown away. I predict an absolute collapse of the union in 20 years.
you're right

in fact, shoplifting outside of the UK is a quasi- unheard-of event

when it does happen (once in a lifetime) it goes on the front page of all newspapers, and the trial is broadcast over national TV

in such countries, and due to the overwhelming public interest, a shoplifter however may actually go on and write memories which are then payed millions by publishers and film producers...

a huge ethical problem
Has nobody on here heard the expression "don't feed the troll."

It was ballacks, shes a troll. Move on with your lives.
I've stole this thread for a laugh lol!!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending