The Student Room Group

Inaccurate films that **** you off

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HaNzY
Along these same lines, films where you HEAR space shuttles/space ships/asteroids getting blown up in space, REALLY are annoying!! And when they whizz past the camera going "woooosssshhhhh"....

What?! But it makes spaceship chases SO much more fun!
Seven Years in Tibet.
Reply 142
Original post by Nephilim
What?! But it makes spaceship chases SO much more fun!

I know it does :tongue: but it is very inaccurate! If people had to keep films scientifically accurate, there would be no films about space haha!
Reply 143
Anonymous - that film about Shakespeare. It was ridiculously inaccurate. Apparently Macbeth was written and performed during Elizabeth I's lifetime.

Not to mention the fact that the man who was supposed to really be Shakespeare died in 1604.

Only good bit was when Marlowe was murdered for being a spy which is probably true.
Reply 144
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Our geography department gets really twitchy if you mention The Day After Tomorrow.

I must have been made to watch that in geography at least five times, usually a last lesson of the year when the teacher couldn't be bothered to teach. Thing is even back then I knew it was bull****, but my teachers would insist it is an accurate portrayal of the effects of global warming. Clearly your geography department is better than mine :P
Original post by lukas1051
I must have been made to watch that in geography at least five times, usually a last lesson of the year when the teacher couldn't be bothered to teach. Thing is even back then I knew it was bull****, but my teachers would insist it is an accurate portrayal of the effects of global warming. Clearly your geography department is better than mine :P

Well, I'm sure they think so... They have been know to use it in the same circumstances (we all need to give in to the lure of the screen when fatigue strikes. Luckily, we in the English dept have more excuse and a bigger stash of films) but have always seemed to begin or end with a 'And how many things are wrong with this film?' Q & A session. Certainly, my students have been full of scorn for its inaccuracies so they must be getting through.
Reply 146
i've not seen robin hood with russell crowe, but as a nottinghamian i was infuriated when i heard of such prolific inaccuracies such as the suggestion that it was robin hood who forced king john to sign the magna carta!
Original post by s.a.u
i've not seen robin hood with russell crowe, but as a nottinghamian i was infuriated when i heard of such prolific inaccuracies such as the suggestion that it was robin hood who forced king john to sign the magna carta!

He wasn't a fox, either.
Reply 148

He wasn't a fox, either.

the russell crowe one, with real people, made in 2010
Original post by s.a.u
the russell crowe one, with real people, made in 2010

The Disney one, with foxes, made in 1973.
Original post by Wave
Starship troopers.

Where do I start?

1) the assault rifles that can't kill anything from more than 5 feet away

2) the bullets that can only kill something in packs of 200

3) that nobody thought to use tanks instead of fleshy humans

4) that bugs are throwing rocks into space

5) that these rocks are taking out an advanced starfleet

6) that they have bugs the size of elephants when insects cant get that big due to a primitive respiratory system.

Another thing about Starship Troopers is that in the book, Private Dizzy Flores is male, and in the film its her:

Reply 151
I, Robot: I loved the movie but the only problem is that it's set in the year 2035. That's way too early for there to be those types of robots shown in the movie and robots with the capability of expressing emotion (that robot called Sunny). It all seemed a bit too ahead of its time. There was also other technological advances shown in the movie that seem too early in the year 2035.
In my opinion they should have made it set in the year 2050 AT LEAST, although even that seems early. Maybe closer to 2100?
Reply 152
Original post by HaNzY

Speed 2

That movie was plain LOL.
Original post by Ruthless Dutchman
I thought it was a fantastic movie! I must read the books sometime!

it's nothing like the books. Total waste of time.

It's good as a stand alone movie but not as a sequel or part of the TSOUE franchise.

Klaus looks nothing like Klaus
Violet is alright but she's shorter than Klaus (although shes older)
Sunny is fine.

But the ending was all iffy with the whole eye window thing.. when was that ever in the book? and then the whole spy glass rubbish.. :s-smilie:.

Plus the train wreck thing only happened in the 8th book.. it was all over the place.
Original post by james22
Titanic, a ship that is designed not to sink just happens to sink on its first voyage? Yea right.

coz we all know that's fiction.. :s-smilie:.
Reply 155
Any film that includes Time Travel results in so many problems its unreal.
Original post by dknt
Generally most sciencey disaster movies; 2012, Sunshine, most asteroid impact ones. Having said that some I don't mind, I'm willing to suspend my disbelief.

lol 2012 made me laugh... the most ridiculous bit was where the crust is breaking apart and a subway train comes flying out of a tunnel into nothing... as if public transport would still be running :rofl:
Reply 157
In one of the Transformer films they use a super-secret rail gun on a US Navy ship to kill a giant robot attacking a pyramid after it has rampaged about the place. Why didn’t they just use the gun in the first place to kill everything!
Reply 158
Original post by skunky x
Inglorious Bastards.

WORLD WAR TWO HAS A FANTASTIC AND REALISTIC PLOT. YOU KNOW BECAUSE IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED. Why the hell do you want to kill Hitler? Seriously. What...

*grumpy old historian*

Oh ffs :facepalm2:
Reply 159
Footloose - there would never be a music or dance ban ever.

Quick Reply

Latest