The Student Room Group

He's too good for me.

I've been with my boyfriend for just under 3 months and I just feel like I should leave him; he's far too good for me in every way.
He is the most amazing person I've ever met and I just adore everything he does. I'm pathetically in love with him.
I build up a lot of defences cos I'm afraid of getting hurt which ends up with me mistreating him a lot and I just wish I was better for him... I feel like I'm just holding him back.
Should I just ignore this or leave?

Scroll to see replies

He's with you for a reason, stop under-valuing yourself.
Reply 2
:facepalm2:
How do you mistreat him? What makes you decide to mistreat him?
If he's in love with you and you're in love with him, why would you mistreat someone you love? Building up defences and hurting him is stupid if he loves you.

You sound like you'll be a wreck if you leave him as well.
I just get insecure and make him feel like he's not doing enough to make me happy. I just know I'm not enough for him and although I'd be miserable without him I don't wanna get in too deep for him to just up and leave. That would hurt even more.
Reply 4
I'll never understand women.
And I'll never understand why he's wasting his time with me... I'm so inadequate.
you might as well never get into a relationship then, instead of wasting everybody's time.
at some point, you're going to have to make some decisions that involve your self-esteem.
if not, then don't complain about being lonely because you bring it upon yourself.
I'm not complaining about being lonely; I'm considering ending it with him for his benefit so he can be with somebody who deserves him.
Reply 8
Original post by shiinkii
I'll never understand women.

Their lack of logic is astounding.
Reply 9
Original post by youreanexplosion
I just get insecure and make him feel like he's not doing enough to make me happy. I just know I'm not enough for him and although I'd be miserable without him I don't wanna get in too deep for him to just up and leave. That would hurt even more.

:facepalm2: Ok, have you told him that he's doing a good job?
Also, from what it looks like, if you keep up like this, he's more likely to get up and leave.

I'm not complaining about being lonely; I'm considering ending it with him for his benefit so he can be with somebody who deserves him.

He's with you now, you deserve him since he's with you, if you don't deserve him, try and make it so that you deserve him.
(edited 12 years ago)
I always tell him how happy he makes me, but I feel like he'd be so much happier with someone as amazing as him..
Reply 11
He's only human.
Original post by 344302
He's only human.

What's that meant to mean?
Okay this was obvious from the start. You feel you are inferior to him looks wise, so this is why you can't understand or fathom why he would be with someone like you when there is so much better out there as you say so yourself. You got two choices, get over it and enjoy it, or keep it up and he will leave soon enough.
Original post by PraxxtorCruel
Okay this was obvious from the start. You feel you are inferior to him looks wise, so this is why you can't understand or fathom why he would be with someone like you when there is so much better out there as you say so yourself. You got two choices, get over it and enjoy it, or keep it up and he will leave soon enough.

I want to enjoy it, but when he eventually leaves me it's gonna hurt so much..
Reply 15
What's that meant to mean?

No one is too good for you. No one is anything less than you. You're both bloody human.
Original post by 344302
No one is too good for you. No one is anything less than you. You're both bloody human.

But I'm so average and boring compared to him.... It really bothers me :/
then why are you still here whining about it? break up with him and end his "misery", as you say so.
you're clearly not doing anything to get your self esteem out of the gutter, so I'm not even going to try to talk you out of this.
Original post by strawberry
then why are you still here whining about it? break up with him and end his "misery", as you say so.
you're clearly not doing anything to get your self esteem out of the gutter, so I'm not even going to try to talk you out of this.

sorry but I'm not whining.. this is meanna be a place where people give advice so nobody on here is 'whining'.
I think it'd be best for him if I did end it but me being selfish don't want to...
Reply 19
sorry but I'm not whining.. this is meanna be a place where people give advice so nobody on here is 'whining'.
I think it'd be best for him if I did end it but me being selfish don't want to...

Don't you think ending it with him is just going to hurt him? And if you weren't "good enough" for him, why hasn't he already gone off to find someone else?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending