The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
Amateur.
Original post by RollerBall
Fell into a post-sex coma for an hour, now find it impossible to sleep.

Body clock officially ****ed.

Not your ex I'm assuming?
Original post by lekky
I'm sure you haven't, last year everyone thought they had done abysmally and the majority were fine. However I hope you now realise that it isn't actually that hard to fail (even if you have done a degree previously) and might consider apologising to the guy you told at the beginning of the year his opinion wasn't worth anything because he failed.

And even in the worst case scenario and you have failed, you have the opportunity to resit in a few months, whilst that's definitely not a great situation to be it does mean it wouldn't be the end of the world.

You have a memory like an elephant. Remind me not to get on the wrong side of you.
Original post by Philosoraptor
Not your ex I'm assuming?

Uhhh...
Uhhh...

Old enough to know better!
Original post by SMed
I rocked up to my project presentation in trainers and a hoodie. I was the only one dressed like that.

Luckily, I had on smart black jeans (almost look like regular trousers), and brought a nice jumper with me in my bag just in case. And I was wearing Chuck Taylor trainers so absolutely no problems there.

Original post by Tech
I don't think it would make a huge difference, but I'd always be inclined to go a bit smarter (but still comfortable).

I wore smart jeans and an open shirt / golf jumper for my project presentation - most people were about the same level of dress.

Ta guys.
Uhhh...

dude...duuuude. you cannot imagine how hard i sighed :frown:
Original post by _Andrew_
So, I'm in sitting in a stuffy room, cramming microbiology with around about 1000 pieces of paper surrounding me, and all i can hear is people on other courses which have finished exams, and currently BBQ-ing/getting drunk in the park opposite my house. AHH. torture.

worst.feeling.ever.
Reply 1788
I cannot believe how poor my effort was for that BSc project. I really should've taken an extra day late to finish it off, it would've have easily... easily been worth the 5% deduction in marks, as I would've gained a lot more by polishing it all. But not worth my mental stability. I think I even left a few notes within the text... I don't even want to look back at it now.

I'm done.
Original post by SMed
I cannot believe how poor my effort was for that BSc project. I really should've taken an extra day late to finish it off, it would've have easily... easily been worth the 5% deduction in marks, as I would've gained a lot more by polishing it all. But not worth my mental stability. I think I even left a few notes within the text... I don't even want to look back at it now.

I'm done.

It's very sunny; hit the pub, grab a drink and this will soon be a long lost memory. Grats on handing it in though - its a huge weight off your shoulder isn't it (until you very stupidly decide to re-read it afterwards and spot spelling mistakes. I do not recommend that at all).

Uhhh...

Also, oh dear.
Problem with sunny + warm weather is that it encourages procrastination. Got a day-off and told myself I'm going to work on my audit which is due in 2 weeks...all I've done today is go out to sit and do nothing. I'm going to regret this in a week or so. :s-smilie:
Original post by Helenia
http://daysofourlife.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/son_i_am_disappoint_trollcat.jpg?w=593

Old enough to know better!

Original post by HFerguson
dude...duuuude. you cannot imagine how hard i sighed :frown:

Original post by Medicine Man

Also, oh dear.

:frown:
Oh FFS, why do theatres make me feel faint? :angry: I make sure I eat beforehand, I move about as much as I can, I only wear the minimum amount but no, the eyes cloud over and I end up on the floor again. *sigh* I was enjoying watching it and the reg was really lovely explaining loads and then my body betrays me. And so the enforced sit out and then you're not sure if you should go back in and then you can't see anything because it would be stupid to scrub and gown up again. Although I've even done it just wearing scrubs :dontknow: RARGH!
Wow first year OSCEs really don't want you to do much..

Cranial nerve exam.. left visual field and CN III, IV, VI

Even with all the intros, hand washing, and thanking etc was done in just over a minute-ish.. commence sitting there for 4 minutes in awkward silence :rolleyes:
Original post by Lantana
Oh FFS, why do theatres make me feel faint? :angry: I make sure I eat beforehand, I move about as much as I can, I only wear the minimum amount but no, the eyes cloud over and I end up on the floor again. *sigh* I was enjoying watching it and the reg was really lovely explaining loads and then my body betrays me. And so the enforced sit out and then you're not sure if you should go back in and then you can't see anything because it would be stupid to scrub and gown up again. Although I've even done it just wearing scrubs :dontknow: RARGH!

Is there some kind of pattern to it? I used to never scrub for the first case of the day cos I knew I would faint regardless of temp, breakfast, sleep, etc. Thankfully it doesn't happen any more unless its been weeks and weeks since I've been in theatre. It's like my brain just gets far too excited at the prospect of surgery :colondollar:
Original post by Penguinsaysquack

Even with all the intros, hand washing, and thanking etc was done in just over a minute-ish.. commence sitting there for 4 minutes in awkward silence :rolleyes:

yup, you get half the marks for hand washing, gaining consent etc just generally being a functioning human being. Only the spotter left and you guys are done :biggrin: im so jealous
Original post by Lantana

maybe speak to someone, possibly some counselling from the uni services or something? :dontknow: my brother had an absolutely huge psychological block this year about catheterisation and just couldn't do it at all - got himself referred on for some CBT through his uni. I wouldn't feel bad about it or ruminate on it though. Maybe carry some smelling salts with you if you;re allowed? :tongue:
Original post by Becca-Sarah
Is there some kind of pattern to it? I used to never scrub for the first case of the day cos I knew I would faint regardless of temp, breakfast, sleep, etc. Thankfully it doesn't happen any more unless its been weeks and weeks since I've been in theatre. It's like my brain just gets far too excited at the prospect of surgery :colondollar:

Not really. I've managed to get through a whole afternoon holding retractors and then at other times felt faint 3 times just in scrubs. Next time I'm going to just sit on one of the stools the entire way through and see if I'm fine.

Original post by HFerguson
maybe speak to someone, possibly some counselling from the uni services or something? :dontknow: my brother had an absolutely huge psychological block this year about catheterisation and just couldn't do it at all - got himself referred on for some CBT through his uni. I wouldn't feel bad about it or ruminate on it though. Maybe carry some smelling salts with you if you;re allowed? :tongue:

It's not that I can't do it at all, I get all scrubbed and gowned and disection starts - all fine. Then, potentially at a random point (e.g. today it was half an hour in to the op), I get the prodrome and I know I have to sit down and I normally recover within a minute. Though today I got very little warning before I ended up unable to see. But then I came back in and watched the rest on the screen which was even bloodier than before and I was fine. But as I said above, I'm not too sure what triggers it off. The best I've got is that certain things don't help the matter (like being too hot) but that it's not exclusive to any one cause. It's just really annoying because it can just come out of nowhere. I just needed to whine, I'm alright otherwise :smile:
Original post by Penguinsaysquack

It is Barts after all...

Original post by Lantana

He-he-he :colone:

But seriously....when you start feeling faint do an auto-MAST and tense all the muscles in your legs and buttocks...

Uhhh...

Big fail. I did that with my ex and all it did was set me back getting her for ages.
Back from a lovely MedSoc event at the beach.

I love the post-exam lull.

Latest

Trending

Trending