The Student Room Group

MSc v BSc Physiotherapy - help!

Hello!

I have applied for both the MSc and BSc in Physiotherapy but really can't decide which option is best for me so I am hoping someone here can offer some advice!!

My first degree was in Geology, totally unrelated to Physiotherapy I know - but the two universities I have applied to for the MSc have said that's fine but I need to do an Access course in Science beforehand, which I'm currently doing. I have got interviews for both the MSc courses - and heard back from one and I'm on the reserve list and will be contacted once they've interviewed everyone so they must see some potential in me!

As for the BSc options, I have had interviews etc and just firmed a choice so I shall definitely be doing physiotherapy in September one way or the other.

So, all this is assuming I do get offered a place on the MSc, but I just do not know which option will be best for me. Obviously I do not have much knowledge of anatomy, however I'm willing to teach myself over the summer to the best of my ability before starting a course. I'm just concerned that I'll fall behind everyone else really quickly and won't do as well on the MSc because I don't already know enough.

Can anyone who's been on the MSc give me a realistic idea of the amount of work you have to put in during the course, or if anyone applied for both and chose one over the other if you could give me your reasons why that'd be amazing.

Thanks!
Reply 1
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Hi all,

I've applied to a few uni's for the MSc 2013 start... and I've got interview later this month for Birmingham and Kings!!!!!

I was hoping anybody could share advice on this... and by the looks of it there is a demand for advice!

I am hoping to get a place, but if I fail I will probably look to clearing to get on the BSc course anywhere

Thanks all :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest