Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website

Anglia Ruskin University 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by IRickyKhanI
you need to email the accommodation office and ask them.

[email protected]

thanks man.
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website
Original post by clarke137
Yeah I'm doing healthcare science are you?

Yes I am doing this course too :smile: are you starting on the 12th??
Hi I have at A2:
A maths
B Chemistry
C further maths

C in AS Physics

I am very interested in doing optometry and i an thinking of calling in on tuesday. Do you think they are likely to consider me with these grades?
Hi there,

It's nice to see alot of people interested to join Anglia Ruskin University. I myself is already a 2nd year and this September 2012 would be my second semester of it...I bet your thinking like....whathef ?!?!? LOL I am a January starter ! :biggrin:
Reply 384
Original post by Ann-Marie18
Yes I am doing this course too :smile: are you starting on the 12th??

Ahh cool!!! Really don't know what we have to do on the first day and where to go lol! Are you staying at the addenbrokes accommodation ? :smile:
Reply 385
Original post by CommitmentQ
Hi I have at A2:
A maths
B Chemistry
C further maths

C in AS Physics

I am very interested in doing optometry and i an thinking of calling in on tuesday. Do you think they are likely to consider me with these grades?

Entry Requirements: Required subject(s): GCE A-level ABB, AB from Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics. Excluded subject(s): GCE A-level General Studies. (also excluded: BTec and Access to HE Diploma's) Non-Academic Conditions: CRB Checks required GCSE(s) Required: Minimum of 5 GCSEs to include: English Language grade C, Mathematics grade C, Physics grade B or Double Science BB.

No harm in calling, and seeing what they say.
Reply 386
Original post by Lisacreature
Seriously is there anyone on here who isn't in accomadation? Anyone commuting? I feel so lonely :frown:

I'm commuting! :smile:
Reply 387
Original post by christopher23
Have you got your timetable? Im in Monday Tuesday and Friday! :smile:

me tooooooo! :smile:
Original post by Sara94
I'm commuting! :smile:

YAY! I'm not the only one! :smile: What are you doing? Are you going by train? I'm doing History and travelling by train, which is surprisingly cheap! :smile:
Original post by IRickyKhanI
What is The Forum like? I'm going to see it on Tuesday to confirm whether I want to stay there or not

I have never been there myself but I have only heard good things from people that stay there!
Original post by ken2
How is the on campus Wifi service?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100

It works really well. A tip to remember if you use the Internet from your phone, always log into the secure anglia wifi not guest. Guest forgets you and you have to re-login all the time, if you forget the guest (if you've logged into it once) but just use secure it will keep you logged in.

They may tell you about this during your induction but thought I'd mention it just in case :smile:
Original post by Gabbi_ARUSU
It works really well. A tip to remember if you use the Internet from your phone, always log into the secure anglia wifi not guest. Guest forgets you and you have to re-login all the time, if you forget the guest (if you've logged into it once) but just use secure it will keep you logged in.

They may tell you about this during your induction but thought I'd mention it just in case :smile:

Why is the university such badly rated in the university tables. 107 out of 117? Something tells me the university is very poor and its putting me off going there and spending 8300 a year

Original post by SteveDawson
Why is the university such badly rated in the university tables. 107 out of 117? Something tells me the university is very poor and its putting me off going there and spending 8300 a year

Before I begin, I would like to make it absolutely clear that I am not attacking the quoted poster directly, but rather criticising his observations. If my post below sounds aggressive, then I send my apologies, I'm still learning to make my actual intentions clear.

Basing it off of a single table does not necessarily reflect the full on experience - what are you basing these ratings on? The actual course you're applying for? The personal opinion of students and their experiences? The support teams? Etc. ?

Having had a look, I can assume you're basing your single bit of research from this, in which I suggest reading the actual criteria. More specifically, the following quote I found:

Universities' positions in the Table inevitably reflect more than their performance over a single year. Many of those at the top have built their reputations and developed their expertise over many decades or even centuries, while some of those at the bottom are still carving out a niche in the unified higher education system. Perhaps the least surprising conclusions to be drawn from the Table are that Oxbridge and parts of the University of London remain the dominant forces in British higher education and that, on the measures adopted here, the newer universities still have ground to make up on the old. However, many of the latter have different priorities from those of any of their more established counterparts and can often demonstrate strengths in other areas.

Anglia Ruskin has only really had University status for the amount of years I've been alive (1992, so 19 years, 20 this year), whereas the more highly ranked ones will be more established and thus have had more data to collect over the years. Your arguments would be more valid if you compared ARU at the same age as some of the more established ones.

Furthermore, these sorts of comments without actually stating your source can be considered scaremongering for other students seeking information. If you want to be taken seriously, you should post using a wide range of evidence supporting your line of argument.

For what it's worth, I'd say Anglia Ruskin for my personal circumstances has been a saving grace - I might therefore sound biased, but I only had positive experiences with Student Support so far, as well as just the general layout of the place. Of course my opinion may very well change come the next few weeks when the term begins, but I would rather use my empirical observations than base it upon a single source of data.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by FPRider
Before I begin, I would like to make it absolutely clear that I am not attacking the quoted poster directly, but rather criticising his observations. If my post below sounds aggressive, then I send my apologies, I'm still learning to make my actual intentions clear.

Basing it off of a single table does not necessarily reflect the full on experience - what are you basing these ratings on? The actual course you're applying for? The personal opinion of students and their experiences? The support teams? Etc. ?

Furthermore, these sorts of comments without actually stating your source can be considered scaremongering for other students seeking information. If you want to be taken seriously, you should post your evidence supporting your line of argument.

For what it's worth, I'd say Anglia Ruskin for my personal circumstances has been a saving grace - I might therefore sound biased, but I only had positive experiences with Student Support so far, as well as just the general layout of the place. Of course my opinion may very well change come the next few weeks when the term begins, but I would rather use my empirical observations than base it upon a single source of data.

Please, back up your argument.

Well I can back it up from various sources including the Times university ranking, The guardian university ranking. Uni statistic website various opinions from students. Employability rates around 40% and the fact it was an ex poly. All I have heard and seen about this university is negativity and its a real shame considering the amount of students who work hard to get a degree there. Im not trying to attack the uni, Im trying to find reasurance that this is a good university or one where I can obtain a degree that is considered a degree by employers.

Actually it's ranked 77th out of 120 universities. And it's tuition fee is one of the cheapest compared to the other similar ranking universities.

Considering AGU is 77th and charges £8300 and London Met, for example, is 118th and charges the full £9000! I say we're getting a fair deal here.

It also has one of the highest NSS feedback results with 70% of students satisfied with the university and 80% satisfied with the teaching.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/table/2012/may/21/university-league-table-2013
Original post by FPRider

Having had a look, I can assume you're basing your single bit of research from this, in which I suggest reading the actual criteria. More specifically, the following quote I found:

Anglia Ruskin has only really had University status for the amount of years I've been alive (1992, so 19 years, 20 this year), whereas the more highly ranked ones will be more established and thus have had more data to collect over the years. Your arguments would be more valid if you compared ARU at the same age as some of the more established ones.

Furthermore, these sorts of comments without actually stating your source can be considered scaremongering for other students seeking information. If you want to be taken seriously, you should post using a wide range of evidence supporting your line of argument.

And thank you for your comment because that is what I wanted to hear. As there are so many people that turn their nose up at ex polys

And thank you for your comment because that is what I wanted to hear. As there are so many people that turn their nose up at ex polys

Knowledge is power, irregardless of its source.

Glad to know that you share my view of not giving too much care for the background of a university. :smile:
Original post by FPRider
Knowledge is power, irregardless of its source.

Glad to know that you share my view of not giving too much care for the background of a university. :smile:

I don't otherwise I wouldn't have applied to the university to Study Business Management. What course are you doing at the University.
I'm on a Foundation for Sciences, progressing onto Psychology should I pass. Will be living in the CB1 accommodation.
Reply 399
Hey does anyone know when the Cambridge ARU hockey trials are? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending