The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mark85
More troubling though is idiots like you who harp on about their inadequacies and how unfair it is that everyone is on steroids.

No one else gives a shiny ****e about it and just make their own choices and don't feel the need to constantly bring it up.

The bottom line is either you are ****ed up and need to have a word with yourself or you are a troll and need to up your game to be a better and more amusing troll.
My jimmies are rustled because no matter how hard I work, I can't achieve what someone on drugs can achieve. But I don't think it's worth the side effects. Big dilemma, bro, big dilemma.
Original post by Mark85
More troubling though is idiots like you who harp on about their inadequacies and how unfair it is that everyone is on steroids.

No one else gives a shiny ****e about it and just make their own choices and don't feel the need to constantly bring it up.

The bottom line is either you are ****ed up and need to have a word with yourself or you are a troll and need to up your game to be a better and more amusing troll.

This

and

Reply 7982
Original post by Insecurities
My jimmies are rustled because no matter how hard I work, I can't achieve what someone on drugs can achieve. But I don't think it's worth the side effects. Big dilemma, bro, big dilemma.

Comparing yourself to someone else has a million other confounding variables as it is, let alone looking at enhancement vs natty. It's apples and oranges. Some clean people can achieve more than some juiced people can. Why? Because they are different people. The only statement you can categorically make is:

"no matter how hard I work, I can't achieve what myself on drugs can achieve" which is what you should have wrote, instead of the stupid thing you did write

Relax now friend. No need to rustle your jimmies any further
Reply 7983
Original post by Gallium
This

and

He's a good troll
Didn't get to the gym today, so will be doing some bodyweight stuff tonight in case I don't go tomorrow either. I come across a video about chest exercises, where a guy says:

"And another great exercise for your chest are pullups"

As for the steroid debate, didn't we have this about a week ago?
In fairness pullups do use some chest.
Had a lecture today on heart disease. Lecturer asked "how many of you, by show of hands, think you'll have a heart attack or stroke in your life?" and asked people why. When he got to me, I said "because I plan on using anabolic steroids at some point in my life". Cue bertstares from the entire room...
Original post by Converse Rocker

"And another great exercise for your chest are pullups"
?

well, if you're using a pronated grip and your form is strict, then yes, pectoralis major can contribute amply to humeral adduction.

Original post by Adidas90
Comparing yourself to someone else has a million other confounding variables as it is, let alone looking at enhancement vs natty. It's apples and oranges. Some clean people can achieve more than some juiced people can. Why? Because they are different people. The only statement you can categorically make is:

"no matter how hard I work, I can't achieve what myself on drugs can achieve" which is what you should have wrote, instead of the stupid thing you did write

Relax now friend. No need to rustle your jimmies any further

Strong this, and this is actually why competitive sports don't appeal to me much; competing against someone else is retarded. They are not you. There are tons of uncontrolled variables, genetics etc. They simply are not you. Your best competition is yourself. Beat yourself. Be YOUR best. Failing that, if you have an identical twin, then try to beat him/her.

Actually, that's the only way you could compare fairly - identical twins, put one on roids, keep the other natty, same exact training routine and diet, see who achieves what.

Want to know my opinion on steroids (you probably dont) ? If you want to use em, then ****ing use em and stop caring what other people think. However, please get educated first and know what you're doing so you don't propagate the bad image the media and people have of steroids and steroid users.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Slick Fosbury
In fairness pullups do use some chest.

Original post by HFerguson
well, if you're using a pronated grip and your form is strict, then yes, pectoralis major can contribute amply to humeral adduction.

I would have thought the contribution was minimal compared to other exercises but I could be wrong, it just seemed like a weird exercise to suggest to beginners for chest development.

Eh, always learning.
Reply 7989
Had a lecture today on heart disease. Lecturer asked "how many of you, by show of hands, think you'll have a heart attack or stroke in your life?" and asked people why. When he got to me, I said "because I plan on using anabolic steroids at some point in my life". Cue bertstares from the entire room...

For extra effect, you should have smiled wryly and added "also, cocaine is a hell of a drug..."
Original post by Mark85
For extra effect, you should have smiled wryly and added "also, cocaine is a hell of a drug..."

Stop grinding on Eddie Murphy's couch.
I just know I do pull ups after chest day and feel my chest work.

Also does anyone here artificially tan in any way? I've always thought, for all the work I do in the gym, just getting a tan would have more of an effect.
Original post by Becca
Stop grinding on Eddie Murphy's couch.

Original post by Mark85

UNITY!
Bros, need some rear delt exercises. I'm getting bored of only rear flys and face pulls. Any suggestions? Few exercises seem to hit them but the front ones get hit pretty hard on all pushing exercises. What else can be done for side delts besides raises too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by silent ninja
Bros, need some rear delt exercises. I'm getting bored of only rear flys and face pulls. Any suggestions? Few exercises seem to hit them but the front ones get hit pretty hard on all pushing exercises. What else can be done for side delts besides raises too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yesterday I supersetted my face pulls with band pull aparts, and that was pretty good
Reply 7995

why... just why
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7996
Original post by silent ninja
Bros, need some rear delt exercises. I'm getting bored of only rear flys and face pulls. Any suggestions? Few exercises seem to hit them but the front ones get hit pretty hard on all pushing exercises.

Don't know if it is because I use a fairly high grip but the chest supported row machine seems to hit my rear delts quite hard. I guess I try to focus on retracting my shoulders on all rowing movements in general.
Rowing a barbell/ez curl bar or whatever you want to your chin works rear delts. Basically the same movement as face pulls though.

Also partial reps on a shoulder press machine hit my side delts quite well.
I've been away for weeks and there is basically not one decent topic in the fitness section. The section is dead.
Original post by McHumpy92
I've been away for weeks and there is basically not one decent topic in the fitness section. The section is dead.

i said the same to usama and facebook lol, even this thread is a bit try.

We need fluxd and the old regulars back

Latest