The Student Room Group

Stuff that annoys you in the gym

Yes I have many. And I know that you do too.

Let me start by saying that I dislike people who don't wipe their sweat off equipment when they're done. Disgusting really.

I also dislike friends who are "running" on the treadmills next to each other, and can still physically have enough breathe for a conversation. Crank up the speed, ffs.

Scroll to see replies

Take your pick ...

Something that really pisses me off is when you see people laughing at others who are overweight but are clearly at the gym to address that.
I saw a massive guy (we're talking 6'5" 110kg ish) go up to some curl bro's who were laughing at an overweight guy in my uni gym and forced them to apologise in front of everyone :awesome:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
People who are fitter or better looking than me.

Oh and Exercise
To be honest, yeah the sweat thing annoys me

But the main thing that annoys me is when people bitch about other people not exercising "properly." as in, not running fast enough, walking on the treadmill, spending the whole time on the bike, etc... okay it might not be good enough for your standards but at least they're doing something and if they're doing it wrong it's only them who won't reap the benefits.

In short, it annoys me when people don't mind their own.

Of course, if someone's not using equipment properly and you tell them how to use it properly, that's a different matter.
Reply 4
People who spend the whole time checking themselves out in the mirror. Do your exercise or GTFO.
People who find it accpetable to stare.

Im exercising not putting on a show.
Reply 6
The morons who clearly only scream for attention seeking.
Reply 7
Original post by Dark Horse
Let me start by saying that I dislike people who don't wipe their sweat off equipment when they're done. Disgusting really.

I've never really cared about that; you take a shower afterwards anyway and a wipe isn't disinfecting anything but rather spreading whatever germs/bacteria were in their sweat.
Reply 8
People that sit on, or place something like their towel or free weights on, a weight machine or bench that they aren't even using :confused:
Reply 9
Original post by crocker710
Take your pick ...

Something that really pisses me off is when you see people laughing at others who are overweight but are clearly at the gym to address that.
I saw a massive guy (we're talking 6'5" 110kg ish) go up to some curl bro's who were laughing at a large guy in my uni gym and forced them to apologise in front of everyone :awesome:

Thats beastly lol.
Reply 10
Curlbro's.
In my gym, there's this couple that comes - I've seen them a few times. They literally do nothing but stand in sportswear and pet each other.

Honestly, I don't want to be killing myself on the cross trainer and have a couple playing tonsil tennis over my shoulder. This really happens.
Some stupid woman was sitting on a rowing machine yesterday having a chat with her friend on the other rowing machine. Was there for a good 10 minutes. Pissed me right off as I wanted to use it. :mad: And her friend was doing it on level 2. Wtf is the point?
Squat Racks have become the bane of my gym-going-life. There are two at my gym, with adjustable safety bars to catch the bar if you fail a rep.

There are so many guys who use the squat rack for things that don't really need one. Like trying 150kg shrugs when the bar moves about an inch vertically. Why?

I once saw a guy lie on the ground so that he could bench with the safety bars..... Damnit son, just ask a fellow gym goer for a spot. Hell I'm more than happy to spot someone.

Original post by crocker710
Take your pick ...

I saw a massive guy (we're talking 6'5" 110kg ish) go up to some curl bro's who were laughing at an overweight guy in my uni gym and forced them to apologise in front of everyone :awesome:

I've just seen the first meme. Spot on.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by Einheri
I've never really cared about that; you take a shower afterwards anyway and a wipe isn't disinfecting anything but rather spreading whatever germs/bacteria were in their sweat.

But it's the principle, my friend.

And agreed on people doing shrugs in the squat rack.

And I also HATE people who don't squat properly. Like they do 1/4 of the full range of motion. They'll seriously mess up their knees doing **** like that. They mad?
(edited 12 years ago)
Ego trainers (form is always more important than the weight). Talkers. People who react rudely when you offer advice on their form. In particular people who take all the weights from the bench rack, put them on a barbell and deadlift atrociously, shrugging the weight up and jerking with every lift.They are wasting their time and taking up all the weights so you can't benchpress.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 16
Not seeing any naked children.

That was a joke, mind!

In seriousness, people who play their thrash music so loud, it almost demotiavates me from exercising.
I get pissed off with people just standing watching blatantly staring, it's so off-putting.
Reply 18
Original post by rosiemaphone

But the main thing that annoys me is when people bitch about other people not exercising "properly." as in, not running fast enough, walking on the treadmill, spending the whole time on the bike, etc... okay it might not be good enough for your standards but at least they're doing something and if they're doing it wrong it's only them who won't reap the benefits.

In short, it annoys me when people don't mind their own.

Yeah but people who go the gym and do next to nothing are clearly just being in the gym so they feel less "guilty".

I mean really, I know alot of people don't want to be pro-athletes or shredded but atleast try and push yourself a little.
Reply 19
the fact that theres other people there. I HATE exercising around other people. Oh and the fact that keele uni's gym doesn't have a pool wtf.

Quick Reply

Latest