The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Starting at Queen's Campus this October. Lets connect.

Scroll to see replies

Good luck to everyone for tomorrow :biggrin: !
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by rebecca180
Awww, okay :smile: i come from billingham, a small town about 10 minutes away from stockton where the queens campus is! And me too! durham is the only place i really want to go and if i dont get the grades i am going to be devastated!

Good luck! i hope you get in! :biggrin:

Thanks! You too :smile: fingers crossed for both of us! I'll come on and let you know, please let me know how you do as well, it would be so cool if we are both going!!:biggrin: Jess xx
Reply 82
Original post by jessica045
Thanks! You too :smile: fingers crossed for both of us! I'll come on and let you know, please let me know how you do as well, it would be so cool if we are both going!!:biggrin: Jess xx

I got in! yayayay! I am soooo happy! i have my fingers crossed for you! hope you got in too! xxx
I got in! yayayay! I am soooo happy! i have my fingers crossed for you! hope you got in too! xxx

Me too!!! I'm in! I'm coming to Durham!! I am so excited :biggrin: so happy right now to be in! Are you on fb? Jess xxx
Hi guys,First of all, huge congratulations on getting into Durham! I promise you all your hard work will be worth it. You are all in for an amazing time!For those of you joining us at Stephenson in September, make sure you search for our Fresher's group (Stephenson Freshers' 2012) on Facebook and get to know your fellow Stevo kids before you get here. Also, you can get all your questions answered (even the silly ones!)Meanwhile, if you have any questions, drop me a message! :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 85
Original post by jessica045
Me too!!! I'm in! I'm coming to Durham!! I am so excited :biggrin: so happy right now to be in! Are you on fb? Jess xxx

Me tooo! I still cant believe it tbh! And yeah, Rebecca Neal whats yours? xxx
Reply 86
Original post by CattyBatty25
Hi guys,First of all, huge congratulations on getting into Durham! I promise you all your hard work will be worth it. You are all in for an amazing time!For those of you joining us at Stephenson in September, make sure you search for our Fresher's group (Stephenson Freshers' 2012) on Facebook and get to know your fellow Stevo kids before you get here. Also, you can get all your questions answered (even the silly ones!)Meanwhile, if you have any questions, drop me a message! :smile:Catherine Dransfield.Stephenson College JCR Secretary 2012/2013.

Do John Snow have a group too? Im not joining stephenson and cant find much on john snow :frown:!
Me tooo! I still cant believe it tbh! And yeah, Rebecca Neal whats yours? xxx

Jess Hine :biggrin: I'll look for you now! Jess xx
Do John Snow have a group too? Im not joining stephenson and cant find much on john snow :frown:!

Don't worry, there's a lot of variety for when JCRs get onto Facebook! Just search for variations on 'John Snow Freshers 2012' now and then to see if anything comes up. :smile:
Reply 89
Also, you can get all your questions answered (even the silly ones!)Meanwhile, if you have any questions, drop me a message! :smile:Catherine Dransfield.Stephenson College JCR Secretary 2012/2013.

Silly questions here: I am a mature student with family, moving to Durham from Norwich, and since I am doing foundation year in Stockton and the rest in Durham city, I rented a house nearby the city. I am reading bits and pieces from Induction schedulle here. It says on the 30th ID verification for students living in college and University. So when should I have my ID verification? What means a departmental induction, since it is spread along 4 different days?And, at what hour does the Matriculation ceremony begins at the cathedral, since there isn't any hour on display? Sorry for all these questions, I haven't received my welcome pack as yet, just saw online, and it is a bit confusing for those living outside college :smile: And thank you for the viability :smile:
Original post by NetPhantom
Silly questions here: I am a mature student with family, moving to Durham from Norwich, and since I am doing foundation year in Stockton and the rest in Durham city, I rented a house nearby the city. I am reading bits and pieces from Induction schedulle here. It says on the 30th ID verification for students living in college and University. So when should I have my ID verification? What means a departmental induction, since it is spread along 4 different days?And, at what hour does the Matriculation ceremony begins at the cathedral, since there isn't any hour on display? Sorry for all these questions, I haven't received my welcome pack as yet, just saw online, and it is a bit confusing for those living outside college :smile: And thank you for the viability :smile:

Hiya :smile:

I think a lot of your questions will be covered in the welcome pack but I'll cover what I know.

As far as I'm aware your I.D check should be on the same day but I'll double check on Monday for you.

The departmental inductions are like a gentle introduction into lectures and the Uni way of life. They're a lot of fun but vital cause these are when you get all your timetables and you find out a lot more about your course. They're usually 9-4 and you start your normal timetable the next week.

The busses leave from Stephenson College on the morning for the matriculation ceremony (transport is provided). The time should be in the fresher's week book but it is usually 8ish (the yearly college photo is taken before this so be prepared for an early start!). All that will be explained in due course tho.

Hope that helps. :smile:

Catherine.
Reply 91
Hiya :smile:

I think a lot of your questions will be covered in the welcome pack but I'll cover what I know.

As far as I'm aware your I.D check should be on the same day but I'll double check on Monday for you.

The departmental inductions are like a gentle introduction into lectures and the Uni way of life. They're a lot of fun but vital cause these are when you get all your timetables and you find out a lot more about your course. They're usually 9-4 and you start your normal timetable the next week.

The busses leave from Stephenson College on the morning for the matriculation ceremony (transport is provided). The time should be in the fresher's week book but it is usually 8ish (the yearly college photo is taken before this so be prepared for an early start!). All that will be explained in due course tho.

Hope that helps. :smile:

Catherine.

Great Catherine, thank you so much :smile:)))))
Oh God, if the photo is about 8am, I will have to leave sherburn before 6.30 :frown:
Do you mean Seaburn? Gosh, that's quite far away!

Catherine. :smile:
Reply 93
Do you mean Seaburn? Gosh, that's quite far away!

Catherine. :smile:

Nop, it is Sherburn Village, outside Durham... since my first year is in Stockton, I have to travel from Sherburn to the bus station, take X1 to Queens (have no idea where is is, where the bus stops and where the foundation centre is) and then return all the way :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest