The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Yes, obviously it is - surely you should have researched this BEFORE applying? :rolleyes:

Anyhows, for further proof, read this article.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,716-1627018,00.html
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Pinguin
I got an offer for law/german law from ucl and have to decide whether ucl or king's (or lse). Is UCL a good law uni with a friendly and academic atmosphere? I am really confused which uni I should choose, so I'd be glad to get some feedback.
thanks, pingu

Is UCL a good law Uni? What kind of question is this?

Was John Paul II the name of this famous religious person?

On the serious side though, yes UCL has one of the best law departments around (ranked by the Times as the best law department in London -debatable but it is definitely one of the best).

Academic atmosphere is great as one should expect in a multi-faculty university like UCL so you could immerse yourself in other academic disciplines as well if you want (LSE does not have such an advantage as it is only a social science institution although their students could always visit UCL if they choose to)

Is the law faculty in UCL friendly, this is subject to debate, I started a thread about this actually so see what some students say..

But you could always choose who to hang around with...you could choose to surround yourself with friendly people (life is simply to short to waste on the unpleasant ones after all).

So UCL it is (im a bit biased here of course) :smile:
Reply 3
Angel Interceptor
Yes, obviously it is - surely you should have researched this BEFORE applying? :rolleyes:

well, thanks for the article, but i DID do some research...I just wanted to get some personal opinions, if u are satisfied and so on...:biggrin: :biggrin:
and, justice, WHO is John Paul II ??! :biggrin: :biggrin:
hm, I knew ucl was good but as above I'd be glad to get some subjective words.
Try the search function then at the top-right hand corner of the subforum and do some searches - this topics has been done several times before, so you should fine the answers you are looking for there. :smile:
Reply 5
humm...ok, thanks...:rolleyes:
Pinguin
humm...ok, thanks...:rolleyes:

What do you mean by that? All this information has been regurgitated a thousand times before for people who don't use the search function. Hence, I think that this thread is unnecessary as you can easily find the information that you need.
Actually, I'll retract that, as the search function doesn't seem to working at the moment. Anyhows, just go back a few pages and you'll find some relevant and useful threads.
Reply 8
Angel Interceptor
Actually, I'll retract that, as the search function doesn't seem to working at the moment. Anyhows, just go back a few pages and you'll find some relevant and useful threads.

ok, I'll do that, thanks anyway, I did not know about that function...
Cool. Hope you find the information that you're looking for.
It's not bad yeah :wink:
Reply 11
I do love Kings. Plus it's in the centre of Legal London.
Onearmedbandit
It's not bad yeah :wink:

That is a huge understatement, onearmedbandit, it has the bleeding best law school in the bleeding universe!! (subjectively speaking of course as there is no objective truth in our postmodern world) :smile:
pixikicks
I do love Kings. Plus it's in the centre of Legal London.

One thing about King's excellent law library and library in general (it would not get anybetter than that library - it combines old and new at the same time - plus the round reading room is where one of the scenes in the Da Vinci code is set)

But there actual law faculty is not as nice looking as Bentham House...

And the British Library, Senate House Library, British Museum are all within easy reach of campus

Plus we have Lord Woolf, now what can beat that in London? :smile:
mediocre at best ;0)
Reply 15
hehe...sounds like an old rivalry...:biggrin:
Reply 16
Whereas Law at UCL takes place at the Waterloo campus, doesn't it?
pixikicks

Law at UCL is at Bentham House isn't it?

Law at King's is at the Strand campus. Neither are at a Waterloo campus to my knowledge..
different?
Law at UCL is at Bentham House isn't it?

Law at King's is at the Strand campus. Neither are at a Waterloo campus to my knowledge..

King's is near Somerset House

Bentham House is near Tavistock Square, Euston Station or the King's Cross Area in general
pixikicks

Oh, I thought you were joking! No, UCL's law building is about 2 minutes from the main campus :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending