The Student Room Group

Has anyone ever met/slept/got into a relationship meeting through facebook?

Like the question says has anybody? be interested to know about the story to it. Im not going to lie I add girls on facebook as I like speaking to new people, 99% we exchange numbers, text for a while then nothing comes of it.

Thanks
Interesting, i havent met a girl off the internet for quite a while..good few years, not sure why i guess i thought i would try the real world, but that hasnt worked so i have gone back to what i was most successful in.
Online meet ups, not that i got loads but it was the best i had..in person i seem to be useless lol

I never really used facebook to add random people though as i see that as a more personal site but i did use netlog and sites like that, not sure how lively they are anymore.

At the moment i have got talking to a girl on Twitter..with the character limit its hard to have a proper conversation, also it tells the whole world as well...i would rather get her facebook and talk to her on there and progress things,
Basically i havent dont the whole online thing in years and i feel rusty and nervous haha,

Nothing wrong with the online thing, although to a lot of girls it still has a stigma of being a place of weirdos..even though its no less dangerous than bumping into them randomly in the street..and with facebook you actually know more.

I like getting to know new people as well and its no different than meeting in the street..i mean think about it, if the internet didnt exist you would never meet a nice girl who lives in a different town and stuff like that, opens up a lot of opportunity.
(edited 11 years ago)
No, though it seems that talking online to real life acquaintances is a common way to further something.
Reply 4
Original post by CaligulazBaby
I've had quite a lot of success with it. First time was about 5 years ago I started talking to a uni student through msn and we ended up having a 6 month fling until she admitted having a bf,though she didn't admit it, he ended up messaging me on facebook which was surreal.

Became disillusioned with online thing for a while until I moved to Shanghai with a friend to teach English. The foreign ladies out there weren't my type (Eastern European sluts or heads up ass career ladies) so I started using POF before it became so popular. I had good success over 4 months getting laid a couple of times. I was arranging 2 dates a weekend.

And now my current gf I met on are you interested on fb. I'd just got back from Shanghai and continued wanting to learn Chinese so I started chatting with Chinese women on msn or skype. She was in Bristol at the time but flying home to Taiwan within a month or so. I decided I wanted her and to live in Taiwan and that was that.

I do have advice for wannabe online daters based on my experiences. Firstly it's a good platform to meet lots of women, but this wont make and difference to your chances of success with them. It doesn't matter what happens online, if you're useless with women in the real world then anything said or done via the internet will go out the window. However going on loads of dates will gradually improve your skills.

You say things fizzle out after you text a few times...? Why on Earth are you texting more than once lol. You've basically spent hours and hours "texting" via the internet, continuing on a phone is pointless and the reason you have that number is because the lady most likely wants things to progress somewhere else. Suggest coffee with the first text. If she says no then go back to online chatting. If you don't think it's a lost cause then keep (occasionally) mentioning how good an idea going for a quick coffee would be.

Basically just try to use the internet as a sort of a middle-man between meeting women online and meeting them in the real world. Internet conversations are all well and good...but they're quite counter-productive in the long run. If she starts getting comfortable talking to you online, any deviation from that is going to start bringing in uncomfortable feelings toward meeting up which is literally the worst place you want to be. I kinda guess you're being internet friend-zoned atm?

You're getting the numbers like a boss, start getting the dates asap after like a boss.

was good reading your post, never really thought of just asking them if they wanted to meet straight away but when I think of it its actually a good idea! cheers
Reply 5
I've met my first love on Facebook, he added me then we chatted for a month, arranged to meet up as we were local. After that we agreed on a proper official date and well eventually became a couple. It was a good relationships for the most part. Meeting someone on Facebook might not be the most romantic thing, but it can lead to something amazing once you meet face to face. Although admittedly I would prefer meeting someone in real life first...

Also would like to add, as someone else above mentioned. The guy within the first chat asked if I would like to meet up at some point. It was straightforward. Although I got out of it for a few weeks due to being busy, he asked and asked, and well eventually I gave in and agreed.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6
Met and courted a MILF on FB :ninja:
Reply 7
i personally dont add anyone i dont know on facebook. and i occasinally get private messages of guys trying to add me and ask me questions. i never respond. i find it a bit desperate and creepy to be honest. I dont want some random guy seeing all my pics/wall/friends etc. You cant be sure who those people are.

I have a bf anyway and we met in a party.
i think dating sites are way better an idea than facebook. because everyone is a stranger, and youre both looking for the same thing.
No. TSR however...
Yes, done all three, but it wasn't a completely random girl.. sort of a friend of a friend.. a name you know but a person you dont.
Reply 10
cheers everyone some good stories!
(posting anonymously incase my cousin sees this)
She met her partner on facebook. They're getting married this year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending