The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

UCLan 2012-13 Mature students thread

I noticed in the other threads here that there seem to be a fair amount of mature students starting at UCLan in September so thought it would be nice to have a separate thread to discuss anything and everything pretty much :smile:

I'll be 24 when starting in September anyway, opted for a big type 3 room at IQ Kopa, as long as I have my own space to myself I don't think it'll be a problem sharing a flat with what could turn out to be 4-5 18 year old's.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey is anyone looking for a room starting from 1st september 2012 runs to june 2013, its in a house situated close to uni and town its a double bedded room and is £69 per week lovely house you'd be sharing with 5 other amazing girls, if your interested message me or comment please. :smile: x
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 2
Hey, I'll be starting at Uclan aged 22 in September, and i'll be living in IQ Kopa.

How's it going? Im Mark.
Reply 3
You know what flat you'll be in at Kopa yet? Did you go through the Uni or did you apply straight through IQ?
Reply 4
Hi guys! I've just accepted my offer for IQ Kopa for 2012/13 i'll be living in flat 96, does anyone else know where they'll be going? I'm a mature student too so I'm glad I won't be on my own!
Reply 5
I'll be in flat 77 =)

What will you be studying Luci?
Reply 6
I'll be doing English Lit and Lang, you?
Do you know what the types of flats are? I've read a few types about different one but I wasn't given the option :s
Reply 7
I'm doing motor sports.

Well at IQ they have three types of rooms mixed into flats, Type 1, 2 and 3.

Type 1 are the smallest, type 2 are a bit bigger and type 3 are the biggest.

All the type 1 rooms are leased by the uni and dealt out through uni accommodation application but the type 2 and 3 are leased through IQ themselves.
Reply 8
Ill be living in IQ Kopa flat 112 :smile:
Reply 9
Hiya :-) I'll be 21 when I start in September x
I'll be 24 when I start. I've just accepted to live in flat 103 in iq kopa. I rang up the accommodation office to confirm I was gonna be with people my own age before I accepted!:smile:
Reply 11
Original post by katie_lou_101
I'll be 24 when I start. I've just accepted to live in flat 103 in iq kopa. I rang up the accommodation office to confirm I was gonna be with people my own age before I accepted!:smile:

Nice that you managed to get that confirmed! I hope I'll have at least one flat mate that'll be a bit more mature. Got a type 3 room though so I'll in any case have lots of my own space =)
I'll be 24 when I start in Sept, I just got accommodation in Ribble Hall Flat 36, room 6.
Reply 13
I must be getting really old since I didn't even see this thread until now!

I'll be 22, soon turning 23 when I start in September, doing Forensic Science & Criminal Investigation. I've just been offered a room in Moor Lane Halls, flat 86 if any neighbours happen to stop by :wink: Hopefully I'm gonna be with other mature students like I requested, might actually ring them up to check before I accept. I'm a bit jealous of all you guys in IQ Kopa, it looks amazing but it was sadly way over my budget - maybe next year x)
Reply 14
Hey guys, I'm not sure if I class as a mature student or not but I'm 21, doing msc fire investigation. been offered a room in pendle hall, so far found my flat mate but nobody else in this hall! it would be nice to get to know some people my age anyway even if I seem to be one of the only post-grads :smile:
Original post by ninja.slewis
I'll be 24 when I start in Sept, I just got accommodation in Ribble Hall Flat 36, room 6.

I'm not a mature student, will be 20 when i start in September studying Adult Nursing. But i'll be staying in Ribble Hall Flat 36, room 5 :smile:
Original post by Sammi_Watson
I'm not a mature student, will be 20 when i start in September studying Adult Nursing. But i'll be staying in Ribble Hall Flat 36, room 5 :smile:

I'll be in room 6, doing children's nursing though but I hope we can help each other find our way to those first classes because I don't know Preston at all :smile:
Original post by ninja.slewis
I'll be in room 6, doing children's nursing though but I hope we can help each other find our way to those first classes because I don't know Preston at all :smile:

The first year is the same though so hopefully can help each other :smile: I don't know Preston either but i'm sure we'll get used to it. I'm hoping to go to that flying start course too!
Reply 18
Original post by ger3
Hey guys, I'm not sure if I class as a mature student or not but I'm 21, doing msc fire investigation. been offered a room in pendle hall, so far found my flat mate but nobody else in this hall! it would be nice to get to know some people my age anyway even if I seem to be one of the only post-grads :smile:

Hi, I'm also a mature student, 30 doing the MSc in DNA profiling. As long as everything goes well I should also be in Pendle Hall, flat 16 and I see we will also be in the same department.
I'll be 24 doing the adult nursing degree, anyone else on this course?? Message me :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending