The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
well that means I was just plain unlucky to have failed as i was in the left lane with no directions on the lanes either and there were two lanes only that I am definitely sure of.

My next attempt is in 2 weeks time so hope to pass this time

The guy who took the exam said himself that everything else was fine except the roundabout.
Reply 221
Original post by raj1985
well that means I was just plain unlucky to have failed as i was in the left lane with no directions on the lanes either and there were two lanes only that I am definitely sure of.

The guy who took the exam said himself that everything else was fine except the roundabout.

All the best with your next test!
Reply 222
Original post by BillyBrid
I failed today! Boo face!

I was so tense, I can't even remember what it was for.

I need hugs!

Why be tense after all you are the examiners boss lol.....you do pay his wages!
Reply 223
Original post by Jiraya Sama
On my lesson today, everything was going fine until some **** decided to indicate left and park on the left just a few car lengths from a dual carriageway/motorway roundabout, I had to stop because I though he was going left, didn't realise he parked. My instructor said that would have been a fail. It's stupid **** like this which makes me hope no idiot drivers on the road of the test !

Let me know about your test. Praying for you to pass !

Sounds about right!

Just let buggers like this spur you on!

If they can do it so can you!

Regards what your instructor said talk is cheap lol, who gives a ****!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 224
:smile: that makes me and i am sure lot of other guys better but I think i was pretty good with my driving but the moment the examiner started shouting at me that we got to take the second exit are you sure you are on the correct lane, that is when I lost all my nervers, dont think it was too professional of him to scream at me in that way.
Reply 225
Original post by raj1985
:smile: that makes me and i am sure lot of other guys better but I think i was pretty good with my driving but the moment the examiner started shouting at me that we got to take the second exit are you sure you are on the correct lane, that is when I lost all my nervers, dont think it was too professional of him to scream at me in that way.

lol i was well use to the shouting when my bro was teaching me i almost reversed into a hedge and on another occasion a recovery truck towing a bin lorry almost took me out. haha i took action and was left with a single small scrap in my mums black plastic wing mirriors
Original post by raj1985

Seeing as I am paying for the test, the hiring of the car. If he shouted at me, park on the left myself and kick the instructor out of the car. :biggrin:
Reply 227
On my lesson today, everything was going fine until some **** decided to indicate left and park on the left just a few car lengths from a dual carriageway/motorway roundabout, I had to stop because I though he was going left, didn't realise he parked. My instructor said that would have been a fail. It's stupid **** like this which makes me hope no idiot drivers on the road of the test !

Let me know about your test. Praying for you to pass !

lol just rescheduled my lesson to thursday (day before my test) morning at 8:30am!!!, **** is gonna go down
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by raj1985

Which roundabout was it?
Original post by praj1
lol just rescheduled my lesson to thursday (day before my test) morning at 8:30am!!!, **** is gonna go down

Ahh so your having one lesson before your test? Let me know how it goes. How are you on all the manoeuvres.

Try and get your instructor to give you a mock test in that hour?
Reply 230
So I'm glad to say that I have finally managed to pass at Cheetham hill. Although the examiner was saying you could have failed if I had one more minor fault in appropriate speed in junctions. For the first time in my tests, the examiner was actually interested in knowing me, so asking me do you live around, what normally do you do on tuesday, what do you do for living, what's your plans in the afternoon etc..

I guess the only way that gave me an extra confidence for this driving test, is when I rented a car from manchester (using an international license) and drove to heathrow london to pick up my family there. It was terrible, but it just gives an extra kick of confidence. :smile:

Oh I really wish you all the best and good luck :smile:
Reply 231
Ok some tips to pass the test,

- be very relaxed on the day and don't think too much, just use your common sense.

- watch your speed all the time, whilst checking the mirrors.

- you don't need to be an excellent in parallel parking, but don't hit the pavement. Remember when doing the manouvers, you're here to demonstrate your observation skills (ie., looking around, 5 mirror checks, stop if there's any car approaching).

- When the examiner says stop on appropriate place on the left, avoid parked cars, junctions, don't go quickly stopping on the left.

- Remember, it's really easy to fail this test, but it's not really hard to pass it.

- if you fail, book your test ASAP, i went to this website to book for early cancellations, they send you a text on your phone and you can book it in seconds.

Anyways hope that helped, and good luck in your test :smile:
Reply 232
Ahh so your having one lesson before your test? Let me know how it goes. How are you on all the manoeuvres.

Try and get your instructor to give you a mock test in that hour?

yeh i had three lessons last week, i find that the more i think about it the more i panick, so im only having one....my manouvers are much better now! (i have my on and off days :s-smilie:), just need to make sure i dont screw up the observations...
Original post by praj1
yeh i had three lessons last week, i find that the more i think about it the more i panick, so im only having one....my manouvers are much better now! (i have my on and off days :s-smilie:), just need to make sure i dont screw up the observations...

Just had another 2 hour lesson and going to have another 2 hour lesson tomorrow. In total spent 6x £20, £50 for test on day to instructor, £75 for test, in total £245. If I fail, I will cry. Could have bought a new PS3 with this money !

Need to make sure my observations are good aswell, I always forget to look at left door mirror and right.
Reply 234
hi all, best of luck hope you guys pass, mine is next friday will keep you posted. I have already taken 15 classes and I dont think instructor had too much influence on my driving as i have driven in uk with a friend on provisional licence for quite some time and have never had any accident or even scratched the car so i dont think i am a bad driver, just my luck that day was bad, will give an attempt again, already have my practical booked but i have to pay 70 pounds to my instructor for hiring the car, that is what it is in London so already spending 150 + 20*15 that I have already paid, lets hope i clear this time. Please keep posted.
Reply 235
Just had another 2 hour lesson and going to have another 2 hour lesson tomorrow. In total spent 6x £20, £50 for test on day to instructor, £75 for test, in total £245. If I fail, I will cry. Could have bought a new PS3 with this money !

Need to make sure my observations are good aswell, I always forget to look at left door mirror and right.

woah man thats a lot of money lol, i know how you feel all this expense!!!! why cant it be like america?....just drive for a few hours and then you pass....

Original post by raj1985
hi all, best of luck hope you guys pass, mine is next friday will keep you posted. I have already taken 15 classes and I dont think instructor had too much influence on my driving as i have driven in uk with a friend on provisional licence for quite some time and have never had any accident or even scratched the car so i dont think i am a bad driver, just my luck that day was bad, will give an attempt again, already have my practical booked but i have to pay 70 pounds to my instructor for hiring the car, that is what it is in London so already spending 150 + 20*15 that I have already paid, lets hope i clear this time. Please keep posted.

your sooooo lucky!!!! i wish i had a car to practice in!!!! it would mean i wouldnt have to book so many lessons!!!
Reply 236
Original post by medic86
Ok some tips to pass the test,

- be very relaxed on the day and don't think too much, just use your common sense.

- watch your speed all the time, whilst checking the mirrors.

- you don't need to be an excellent in parallel parking, but don't hit the pavement. Remember when doing the manouvers, you're here to demonstrate your observation skills (ie., looking around, 5 mirror checks, stop if there's any car approaching).

- When the examiner says stop on appropriate place on the left, avoid parked cars, junctions, don't go quickly stopping on the left.

- Remember, it's really easy to fail this test, but it's not really hard to pass it.

- if you fail, book your test ASAP, i went to this website to book for early cancellations, they send you a text on your phone and you can book it in seconds.

Anyways hope that helped, and good luck in your test :smile:

thanks for the advice!!!!

and whats the website called? (hopefully i dont have to use it)
Reply 237
had my first test yesterday got 3 minors then was failed for pulling up too near to a parked van on the opposite side of the road which made it difficult for other traffic to get round me and the van, the examiner said if i'd stopped 5 meters further forward or back I would have passed :s-smilie: :frown:
least the test itself wasn't that bad i thought it was going to be dreadful but it goes really quickly!
Original post by byrd
had my first test yesterday got 3 minors then was failed for pulling up too near to a parked van on the opposite side of the road which made it difficult for other traffic to get round me and the van, the examiner said if i'd stopped 5 meters further forward or back I would have passed :s-smilie: :frown:
least the test itself wasn't that bad i thought it was going to be dreadful but it goes really quickly!

Hopefully next time.
Failed within the first five minutes for ruining bay parking. Then everything else was fine except for being stopped. Twice. For being too close to parked cars. -.-

Latest

Trending

Trending