The Student Room Group

doing the wrong course

I really like English, so i thought it would be a good idea for a degree (more sensible than art any way). Im in my first year at Cardiff Uni and i really like it here, but recently ive started to think that im taking the wrong course. Im not overly good at english. im not ***** tho just not amazing. but i really really miss art and in the end probably want a career in this area. (well to be honest my 3dreams are to be a writer, a book illustrator, and an artist- none of which are particularly obtainable)
I cant swap courses as Cardiff Uni doesnt do art and i dont want to leave. Does anyone know how easy it is to take another degree or course or something after you finish yours. i know you can do this with law and english but dont know if it works with art.
sorry if this is the wrong area.
You can do as many degrees as you can pay for basically, or so I'm led to believe.
Reply 2
True.
Is there nothing art-related at Cardiff at all that you could switch to?
i feel exactly the same as you... i'm doing english &i miss art so much - i only really did english, i think, because career prospects with art (i perceive, though this may not be true) are low; what i'd love to do is be a curator...

you can certainly do another degree after this one (i have a friend who is being paid, really, to do a law degree (after a previous business one in london) here at oxford - though this is possibly just applicable to law (they're rich&want you to work for them afterward)).

all of those things you mentioned are, of course, obtainable, but if you want to do another degree it will probably be more expensive for you. you don't need a(nother) degree to do things though.

Latest

Trending

Trending