The Student Room Group

St George's University London SGUL Biomedical Science prospective students 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kittt
how much lower than the grade requirements do you reckon they'd allow? one grade? gahhh i'm in a similar situation, but i have a feeling im going to get a C overall for chemistry knowing how much of a flop my exam today was :dong: :dong:

I would not accept this as a definite statement , they have no reason to accept a student if they don't make the grades as I am pretty sure on the applicants day they said the course was massively over subscribed to.

Good luck to everyone as well , hopefully will be seeing you all in september ( if I can get the grades too ) !
Heyyy guys
Sounds like no one has received the letter we were promised after the first of june :confused:
I still havent sent anything in :s-smilie: and i emailed them because i already gave in like all the documents when i went for a different interview at sgul and thought it would be so much easier if they could use the same ones, but they said they cant. I asked for a list of documents im still suppose to send in as well but they didnt really say anything in response to that.
Soooo any advice guys? :biggrin:
Original post by Muggle#334025
Heyyy guys
Sounds like no one has received the letter we were promised after the first of june :confused:
I still havent sent anything in :s-smilie: and i emailed them because i already gave in like all the documents when i went for a different interview at sgul and thought it would be so much easier if they could use the same ones, but they said they cant. I asked for a list of documents im still suppose to send in as well but they didnt really say anything in response to that.

I say just sit tight and hope no one emails you...no news is good news :P
Reply 83
Original post by Kittt
haha :biggrin: thank you, same to you! i got a conditional offer of ABB, what about you?
well i suppose i know as much as everyone else really, but reasons why i liked it were because:
1) small uni, such a friendly atmosphere, & everyone seemed so supportive. this was the only uni where i got that super friendly vibe from.
2) the biomed course is way more clinical than other biomed courses, and the clinical element was something that appealed to me a lot.
3) the mum's & dad's system sounds so nice, and seems like a great way to get to know people in the years above.
4) so yeah maybe Tooting isn't the safest place but it's such a vibrant place with loads of shops and restaurants, and its not that far from home so it ticked the location box.
5) one of the most important things to me: i felt SO at home and felt so comfortable being at the uni and speaking to current students.

so yeah! :P

Tooting isn't the safest place? Huuh? What are you on about? I've lived in Tooting for a fair few years of my life. Never witnessed much trouble. And yeah, a lot of restaurants, but you had better like indian and pakistani food :smile:
Reply 84
Hi guys,

I wanted to know if i don;t get my required A in biology, i would have to resit my exam in my gap year.., Are you allowed to apply to Biomedicine at St Georges again... i ve already got an offer, but i might not make it... So i was thinking to apply again during my gap year... Some uni;s dont let you apply again, if you have missed your offer... any help is much appreciated
Reply 85
Original post by Xarren
Tooting isn't the safest place? Huuh? What are you on about? I've lived in Tooting for a fair few years of my life. Never witnessed much trouble. And yeah, a lot of restaurants, but you had better like indian and pakistani food :smile:

i've heard it from a lot of people! not saying its a really bad place or anything like that! :P but like the uni even said they dont want people walking back to halls alone at night because it's not safe.. then again that's basically applicable to going out anywhere at night i guess :P
oh yes as an asian i am a fan of that sort of food :P
Reply 86
hey everyone,
seen loads of posts about the welcome letter, but yeah basically i got my pack this morning in the post :smile: it includes the checklist and all. so everyone else should be receiving it soon! :smile:
Reply 87
Original post by Kittt
hey everyone,
seen loads of posts about the welcome letter, but yeah basically i got my pack this morning in the post :smile: it includes the checklist and all. so everyone else should be receiving it soon! :smile:

Finally someone's got a letter!!

CAN'T WAIT :biggrin: eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...
Reply 88
Original post by drsher
hi guys,

I have an offer for biomed from SGUL... From what i have seen on this thread everybody is really excited.. I have a lot of passion for medicine and so i am planning to apply for medicine after i complete my Biomed degree..

To current students, i would really love to get a first or 2.1 (requirement for Medicine for graduates), Do you have to study all day to get 2.1 or a first...

On the social side, i am slightly nervous on how settling in period is going to work?? Guys, how is the atmosphere?? One of my friends is starting medicine at SGUL aswell.. Do you get to see people from different departments often as well???

Thanks guys

The people here i think are mostly those going to sgul next yr.. i.e the 2012 Biomeds :smile:

i think we'd all settle in pretty well.. did you go for the open day?.. if you did, you would have settled in straight away. i loved it there. the people, the atmosphere, the lecturers.. everyone's really nice. ad plus, i heard that the med students would be doing biomed subjects in the 1st two years. which is why the 3rd yr med transfer works at sgul. so dont worry about meeting up with the medics there.. we're all gnna together. its a small uni, so easy to travel and bump into each other..
i heard that the welcome packs arrived for some people, so we should all be getting it soon too :biggrin:

Good luck:smile: xxx
Got my pack in the post today, it's all getting very close now !
Reply 90
Original post by jv.lalloo
Finally someone's got a letter!!

CAN'T WAIT :biggrin: eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

:biggrin:
it's all so exciting ahhh :smile:
although, i am pretty worried about my results. i think i messed up big time in chemistry :frown:
Original post by Kittt
although, i am pretty worried about my results. i think i messed up big time in chemistry :frown:

I'm gonna assume you're an Edexcel person?... If so, that exam was disgusting...i honestly think i just ruined by best chance at an A :confused:
Reply 92
Original post by nevetstreblig
I'm gonna assume you're an Edexcel person?... If so, that exam was disgusting...i honestly think i just ruined by best chance at an A :confused:

i'm an AQA person :P wow they're really screwing up everyone's exams this season! :confused: it's our lives they're messing with :frown: and yeah snap, my chances of getting an A is just one of them things that will not happen :frown:
Reply 93
Original post by Kittt

im messed up with bio :/
Reply 94
Original post by Muggle#334025
Heyyy guys

chek on their website.. theres a letter there.. some document thing with the chek list at the end.
Reply 95
has anyone applied for accommodation yet? :smile:
Reply 96
Is the biomedical course accredited at SGUL ?

What are you guys hopping to do after you graduate?
Original post by Link96ra
Is the biomedical course accredited at SGUL

Yes it is
Did you all see the news about st georges hospital in the papers today ? http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/news/9794753.Patient_dialled_999_when_nurse_neglected_to_give_drink/

Gives many NHS workers a bad rep if some hospitals are like this .
Reply 99
Original post by AndrewJames
Did you all see the news about st georges hospital in the papers today ? http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/news/9794753.Patient_dialled_999_when_nurse_neglected_to_give_drink/

Gives many NHS workers a bad rep if some hospitals are like this .

Wow thats shoking and sad i feel for the mother.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending