The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Manchester Accomindation

What do people think of Ashburne Hall as my first choice accomindation?
Well if you're a postgrad then that's fine. But if you're an undergrad then you'll have difficulty getting a room as it only caters for females.

edit: it now states that it's mixed but staff told me while at the open day a few weeks ago that it was definitely all female undergrad.
(edited 11 years ago)
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by ellakrystina
Well if you're a postgrad then that's fine. But if you're an undergrad then you'll have difficulty getting a room as it only caters for females.

edit: it now states that it's mixed but staff told me while at the open day a few weeks ago that it was definitely all female undergrad.

I've applied for Ashburne for first choice as well.
And em, I've heard of guys that got in for undergrad. It's just that it's mainly females and hard for males to get in.
Reply 3
Accommodation* sorry couldnt resist!
Reply 4
Original post by iamlovinit05
I've applied for Ashburne for first choice as well.
And em, I've heard of guys that got in for undergrad. It's just that it's mainly females and hard for males to get in.

Im currently at ashburne, and im a guy and an undergrad. Theres about 20 or so other guys here as well. We all got put on the same corridor, with the girls above us or in other parts of the building. It's not that hard for guys or girls to get in, its a very undersubscribed hall in general.
Original post by Party55511
Im currently at ashburne, and im a guy and an undergrad. Theres about 20 or so other guys here as well. We all got put on the same corridor, with the girls above us or in other parts of the building. It's not that hard for guys or girls to get in, its a very undersubscribed hall in general.

I see. How's the life there?
Thanks for the information!
Reply 6
Original post by iamlovinit05
I see. How's the life there?
Thanks for the information!

Im loving it! Aside from the the fact we're surrounded by girls ashburne is actually pretty awesome. The first thing everyone notices is that the rooms are massive! Seriously, i've visited plenty of other unis and nothing came close size wise. My current room is probs 12 ft by 12 ft, so space isn't an issue! Another plus is that its got its own private library so you dont have to go all the way into the city to use the main uni one for studying. Not much use mid-term but when exams roll around its a god-send!
The downsides are that the food is hit and miss. Theres plenty of choice but its not always of the highest quality. But lets be honest who expects it too be? Its edible so we dont complain too much. Also compared to other halls it's relatively quiet. But it is what you make of it. If you are into you're partying you will find some like-minded people and the bars/pubs are just a few minutes away.

Happy to answer any other questions if you've got them. I chose ashburne by random last year, feel like I lucked out somewhat.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Party55511
Im loving it! Aside from the the fact we're surrounded by girls ashburne is actually pretty awesome. The first thing everyone notices is that the rooms are massive! Seriously, i've visited plenty of other unis and nothing came close size wise. My current room is probs 12 ft by 12 ft, so space isn't an issue! Another plus is that its got its own private library so you dont have to go all the way into the city to use the main uni one for studying. Not much use mid-term but when exams roll around its a god-send!
The downsides are that the food is hit and miss. Theres plenty of choice but its not always of the highest quality. But lets be honest who expects it too be? Its edible so we dont complain too much. Also compared to other halls it's relatively quiet. But it is what you make of it. If you are into you're partying you will find some like-minded people and the bars/pubs are just a few minutes away.

Happy to answer any other questions if you've got them. I chose ashburne by random last year, feel like I lucked out somewhat.

Haha thank. Yea I know that the room sizes are massive compared to other halls.
And whats bad about living with mostly girls haha?

Seems like a nice place, just afraid that it might be too boring/quiet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending