The Student Room Group

Where are you applying for 2013?

Scroll to see replies

I'm hoping to apply for Veterinary Medicine at Glasgow and Edinburgh University as my 1st and 2nd choice. Then for my 3rd and 4th it will be Bristol university and Liverpool University :smile:
Reply 41
If you think it's too early now, I've been looking into different universities since I started secondary school! :smile: I'm hopefully going to do graphic design at either Falmouth, Loughborough, Leeds, Southampton or Central Saint Martins.

Leeds is definitely my firm and Falmouth is my insurance if I get offers.
Reply 42
I'm applying for English and Music (for the most part) but if I applied to St Andrews it would be just English. I'm thinking of applying to Leeds, Keele, Bangor and a few other Scottish universities. :smile:
I know It's too early for me, but I am looking for Computer Science courses somewhere in Scotland. Maybe Edinburgh or Glasgow, I am not sure yet. :smile:
I plan on applying to Glasgow, Edinburgh, Strathclyde and Aberdeen for Computer Science with Physics if I can achieve the grades. Kinda bummed with my S5 results. B in computing and english and C in history and Human Biology. Thought I would have achieved an A in one of those subjects.

However I've been given the choice of possibly taking Adv Higher Computing this year, which could possibly help me with applying for this course. I know that you require Higher Math which I am also taking this year as well as Higher Physics.
Reply 45
I want to apply to imperial, Manchester and surrey for engineering. Not sure of the other two schools to pick though

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
St Andrews, Edinburgh, Strathclyde, Glasgow and Heriot-Watt for Chemistry :smile: Dunno where I want to go though. Probably one of the first 3.
Scotland: Edinburgh Napier, Queen Margaret & Stirling.
England: Birmingham City & Oxford Brookes (maybe).

Scottish unis for film/media studies. BCU for media/music industries.
Will apply to Oxford Brookes only if their response to my queries are neutral/positive (for film & a language). If not, then I'll apply to a fourth Scottish uni for film/media studies.

Hoping to work in management, promotions or production in the film/music industries someday. I already have relative experience/skills and connections, and I've a few years yet to build up more, so I'm hoping it's plausible. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 48
UCl cus of this girl... Lol joke

But that is where I am applying as well as Aston and City so far

Reply 49
Glasgow, edinburgh, st andrews , strathclyde for economics

Aberdeen for Language and Linguistics and Stirling for English and Religion combined. And some random ones in my native Sweden.
Original post by Liquidise.
I'll apply for a Mechanical Engineering related course to five scottish Uni's, haven't decided which yet :smile: Definately RGU, Aberdeen and Heriot-Watt, not sure about the last two though!

What career path you looking to go down with mechanical engineering?
I'm not totally sure and it will probably change again in the next two months.
I'm looking at:
Manchester
Nottingham
UCL
De monfort
Kent
Sheffield Hallam

For architecture ! :wink:
Can't wait for it to all begin, that said, once it starts I bet I'll be counting down the days til the cycle has stopped ;D
Original post by Dajaffer
What career path you looking to go down with mechanical engineering?

I'm not really sure, the only thing I know is that a mechanical engineering degree can open up a lot of different career paths, ranging from working on an oil rig to being an analyst in an investment bank. I guess studying engineering provides you with a really strong mathematical foundation, that is highly valued among many employers. Are you thinking about doing a similar degree? If so, what career paths are you looking into?
Original post by Liquidise.
I'm not really sure, the only thing I know is that a mechanical engineering degree can open up a lot of different career paths, ranging from working on an oil rig to being an analyst in an investment bank. I guess studying engineering provides you with a really strong mathematical foundation, that is highly valued among many employers. Are you thinking about doing a similar degree? If so, what career paths are you looking into?

I'm not ENTIRELY sure myself. Infact I just wanted to know what you was thinking of, mainly because I want to go to uni to get this degree (mechanical engineering). I want to maybe work on an oil rig? But like you said, I've heard it opens ALL sorts of every day things! Good luck with it though, I'l be starting in another 2 years ;p
Reply 55
Applying to do Social Sciencey/Politics type courses at Caledonian, Strathclyde, Edinburgh Napier, Stirling and then I'm stuck between Edinburgh and Glasgow.
Reply 56
Physics and/or maths at Glasgow, Edinburgh and StAndrews. The other two I haven't yet decided, but it is between Dundee/Aberdeen/Strathclyde/Heriot-Watt.

I want to do physics, but I got a B at higher so I might apply for maths at Edinburgh and St Andrews as I'll be more likely to get in and can still end up doing a joint degree, which will suit me anyways because I love maths also. I'm going to write my personal statement as if I were applying to a joint maths/physics degree, I think.
RGU for international tourism management (first choice!), QMU for International Hospitality & Tourism Management, and as an utter back up in case of rejection, tourism management at Napier. I'm also looking at the university of aberdeen too :smile:
Reply 58
I decided at the start of Year 12, and so I knew what I was aiming for and what AS Levels to choose. I'm applying for Law at Sheffield, UEA, Leicester and Nottingham Trent.
Reply 59
I'm applying for Dentistry at Dundee and Glasgow :smile: (then QUB and Sheffield for the others)
Also maybe Chemistry/Biochemistry at Aberdeen as my back up! I'm not sure if I would get an offer from somewhere like Edinburgh with a non-Chemistry personal statement and Aberdeen is just lovely :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest